England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you,falsely on My account. Rejoice and be glad for your reward is great in heaven,for so men persecuted the prophets before you' (Matthew 5:11) Jesus calls us blessed! The blessings come through being faithful and obedient to the Blessed Master.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you,falsely on My account. Rejoice and be glad for your reward is great in heaven,for so men persecuted the prophets before you' (Matthew 5:11) Jesus calls us blessed! The blessings come through being faithful and obedient to the Blessed Master.
I think of persecuted Christians when I read this verse. How they suffer :praying:

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It is not always easy to share our faith with others.
Most people are simply indifferent to what we believe. "Well that's OK for you, but not for me" they say.
Others are far less polite in their response. They mock us and ridicule us. They misrepresent us. They would take away all of our freedoms if it made them feel more comfortable about themselves.
There are others too who are blatantly hostile towards Christianity. Mention Christ, mention the cross, and they become passionately angry and defensive. I remember having a discussion with someone who told me she was a Christian, and we were having a friendly conversation about the church, about prayer, and the Christian way of life. But as soon as I started talking about Jesus, she did not want to continue the conversation.
Even Christians who are not living their lives for the Lord feel uncomfortable with us sharing our faith. I had a conversation some time ago with someone who mocked me for wanting to be serious about my faith.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We are to rejoice when reviled by others on account of our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We are not to retaliate or seek revenge. They persecuted Jesus and He cried, 'Father forgive them!'. If we are persecuted it must be because we are living right! Those who are living wrong will oppose us. Rejoice that we are considered worthy of suffering for Christ!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When Christians are persecuted for Christ it is usually for what they are doing right rather than what they re doing wrong. Jesus was reviled and suffered the persecution that led to death. 'Man of sorrows what a name for the Son of God that came,ruined sinners to reclaim,hulleluyah! What a Saviour!'

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A Pastor was locked up on false charges and preached the gospel in jail. He said that the other prisoners were so hungry for the Gospel. So that was why God sent him there.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A Pastor was locked up on false charges and preached the gospel in jail. He said that the other prisoners were so hungry for the Gospel. So that was why God sent him there.
A man of courage and faith!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums