Corpus Christi
✟16,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have time to listen to a 45-minute sermon, but I've always thought "pure in heart" meant to be without sexually immoral thoughts, among other things.

Is it that we don't have time, or that we don't make time? It does mean that, but it means more than that. This sermon explains it well. You don' have to listen to the whole thing in one sitting, listen to a little here and there, or when you lay down at night, or driving.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Is it that we don't have time, or that we don't make time? It does mean that, but it means more than that. This sermon explains it well. You don' have to listen to the whole thing in one sitting, listen to a little here and there, or when you lay down at night, or driving.
But who determines what I should do with my time?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

But who determines what I should do with my time?
And while we're at it, considering that I was able to define a "pure heart" in one sentence, and not a 45-minute sermon, maybe you could define "pure heart" in one sentence.

Upvote 0

Nate servant of the Lord

Jan 11, 2018
Corpus Christi
✟16,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And while we're at it, considering that I was able to define a "pure heart" in one sentence, and not a 45-minute sermon, maybe you could define "pure heart" in one sentence.

I apologize if I came off rude. I just meant, I don't think we should say "I don't have time", it would be more accurate to say "I'm not interested in listening to a 45 minute sermon". We MAKE time for alot of unprofitable things, me included. And you'e right, you dont need to listen to this sermon, but let us not say we dont have time. And sure I can give a definitio in one sentence, but it also takes more than 1 sentence to explain it (hense, the 45 minute sermon). From scripture, it can be defined as a undivided heart, with pure intentions. It can be a clean heart, a sincere heart. So like I said, you'e definition is correct, but there alot of other things it means. Although you may not listen to or be interested in listening to this sermon, I know if people listen to it, some will be edified.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I apologize if I came off rude. I just meant, I don't think we should say "I don't have time", it would be more accurate to say "I'm not interested in listening to a 45 minute sermon". We MAKE time for alot of unprofitable things, me included. And you'e right, you dont need to listen to this sermon, but let us not say we dont have time. And sure I can give a definitio in one sentence, but it also takes more than 1 sentence to explain it (hense, the 45 minute sermon). From scripture, it can be defined as a undivided heart, with pure intentions. It can be a clean heart, a sincere heart. So like I said, you'e definition is correct, but there alot of other things it means. Although you may not listen to or be interested in listening to this sermon, I know if people listen to it, some will be edified.
The Lord has a daily plan for me. If he wants me to listen to a 45-minute sermon, then that is what I should do. If he wants me to do something else, then I should do something else.

As for a pure heart, I believe you will find a person with a pure heart is a person who refrains from thinking sinful thoughts.

Upvote 0