England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Blessed are the peace makers,for they shall be called sons of God' (Matthew 5:9) We are all called to be peacemakers,not only in the church,but also the community. We are to actively follow after peace. We are to follow peace with all mankind. Jesus made peace by the Blood of the cross. In what ways can we be peacemakers and called sons of God?

• Optimistic
Reactions: dqhall

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
'Blessed are the peace makers,for they shall be called sons of God' (Matthew 5:9) We are all called to be peacemakers,not only in the church,but also the community. We are to actively follow after peace. We are to follow peace with all mankind. Jesus made peace by the Blood of the cross. In what ways can we be peacemakers and called sons of God?
Amen to that, but our primary and initial peace is made with God when we turn from sin...permanently.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Amen to that, but our primary and initial peace is made with God when we turn from sin...permanently.
And He makes us a peacemaker through our Christian journey as sons of God!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is one of those that is good, but quite open to generalization. Some might be tempted to view it as a back door to salvation. But, as we know, nothing can be performed without God's blessing of the enabling Spirit's work and seal. So, that inscription serves up heavily at first, but a truckload of 'fruit' later.

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I believe there is always a great blessing in making peace with all people.
Whenever we get into conflicts, whenever we have arguments and disputes, our anger and pride set in and it takes away our peace. Holding a resentment and a grudge is like falling on our own sword - ultimately it causes us more damage than it does to the other person.
There is one person who, when I was a young child, severely abused me and made my life a living hell. It is thanks to God's love and grace, that I have been healed of all anger and bitterness. He has rightly served the sentence for his crime. If I ever met him in the street, I would reach out to him by the hand and tell him he is forgiven.
We may not always agree with the actions of others. We may even feel angry and hurt by them - and feel perfectly justified. But when we acknowledge our own wrongs, and are willing to forgive others and, as far as practicable, extend the hand of friendship to them, then we will experience blessing.

Last edited:
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe there is always a great blessing in making peace with all people.
Whenever we get into conflicts, whenever we have arguments and disputes, our anger and pride set in and it takes away our peace. Holding a resentment and a grudge is like falling on our own sword - ultimately it causes us more damage than it does to the other person.
There is one person who, when I was a young child, severely abused me and made my life a living hell. It is thanks to God's love and grace, that I have been healed of all anger and bitterness. He has rightly served the sentence for his crime. If I ever met him in the street, I would reach out to him by the hand and tell him he is forgiven.
We may not always agree with the actions of others. We may even feel angry and hurt by them - and feel perfectly justified. But when we acknowledge our own wrongs, and are willing to forgive others and, as far as practicable, extend the hand of friendship to them, then we will experience blessing.
Amen! The way to blessing is always forgiveness and forgiving others!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Peacemakers"? Wait a minute, you mean to tell me I can even pray that there be peace? :)

Thank God! I was rattled there for a minute* God bless her, and all who are troubled in these times!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"Peacemakers"? Wait a minute, you mean to tell me I can even pray that there be peace? :)

Thank God! I was rattled there for a minute* God bless her, and all who are troubled in these times!
Yes thank God we can pray for peace and peacemakers!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We become Peacemakers because we have peace with God and the peace of God dwells in us through Christ. The world cannot give that peace,it comes only from God because we are the children of God. Sons and daughters of the Living God,spreading peace wherever we go!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums