Blessed "All saints day" everyone!

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I just felt like greeting the fine people of OBOB a great all saints day. How are you folks celebrating this fine day of our saints?

Are anyone going to mass and / or spending some quality time with family or friends? Does anyone have any special traditions for this day, like eating a certain meal or drinking some special beverage or something?
If so please join in on this thread and share some of it with us.

I myself goes to mass on this day and try to spend time with my family, but this year I'm closing in on my exams (arg! They come early this fall !! ) so I'm stuck reading literature.
Please share your day with me in this thread so I can live through you :oldthumbsup:

God bless OBOB :preach:

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,651,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have not done much this year. Usually, I will go to Mass and a service at the cemetery and deliver communion to those at the nursing home and county home. Yesterday I had to go out of town to take my mom on some errands so this year was a bit different. I think I check out a Mass on EWTN today.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I made a gap in my reading schedule so I made it to mass :) mass at the dominicans was as always a lovely experience. God is good.

How is EWTN mass Michie? I've never watched any such mass myself.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,651,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's very reverent imo. You can probably find one on YouTube. EWTN is the go to for many that are shut-in, ill, etc.
I made a gap in my reading schedule so I made it to mass :) mass at the dominicans was as always a lovely experience. God is good.

How is EWTN mass Michie? I've never watched any such mass myself.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to Mass at 7 pm. Mass on EWTN is very moving. I sometimes watch that after I go to church and get another perspective on the readings.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I went to Mass--didn't realize it was going to be in Spanish. :sorry: (Must not of read the bulletin correctly.) But, it was a beautiful Mass. I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit--it was so real it was almost visible. Truly a blessing from God!
I also got the chance to light a candle for my family. It was a really nice experience.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I went to Mass--didn't realize it was going to be in Spanish. :sorry: (Must not of read the bulletin correctly.) But, it was a beautiful Mass. I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit--it was so real it was almost visible. Truly a blessing from God!
I also got the chance to light a candle for my family. It was a really nice experience.

How nice ;)
God bless you Chrystal, it's so nice that you're back here with us and active again. I missed your voice for quite some time here in OBOB.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just felt like greeting the fine people of OBOB a great all saints day. How are you folks celebrating this fine day of our saints?

Are anyone going to mass and / or spending some quality time with family or friends? Does anyone have any special traditions for this day, like eating a certain meal or drinking some special beverage or something?
If so please join in on this thread and share some of it with us.

I myself goes to mass on this day and try to spend time with my family, but this year I'm closing in on my exams (arg! They come early this fall !! ) so I'm stuck reading literature.
Please share your day with me in this thread so I can live through you :oldthumbsup:

God bless OBOB :preach:

My day was Philosophy logic homework. :)

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
My day was Philosophy logic homework. :)

Btw charsan do you happen to be Tutorman ? I've been suspecting that you are for quite some time. Your posting style reminds me alot of him.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Btw charsan do you happen to be Tutorman ? I've been suspecting that you are for quite some time. Your posting style reminds me alot of him.

Yes I am. :) I was being disciplined but needed prayers really badly (got real sick with cellulitis) and re registered as charsan. Mods were nice and let me chose what user name I wanted and I chose charsan. Char is part of my dad's first name (Charles) and my mom's name (sandy)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Yes I am. :) I was being disciplined but needed prayers really badly (got real sick with cellulitis) and re registered as charsan. Mods were nice and let me chose what user name I wanted and I chose charsan. Char is part of my dad's first name (Charles) and my mom's name (sandy)

Ahh I see, that makes sense . Great to see that you prevailed ;)

Upvote 0