New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Retelling this has been on my heart lately. Hope it works in Praise Reports.

I was stationed in Germany once and sent on a temporary duty assignment to Rota, Spain for a few weeks. It was a beautiful TDY but I felt so alone without my Germany friends. One time my shifts would not allow me to attend any chapel service but the Gospel service. I almost didn't go because all I knew were Protestant services. But I really wanted to go, so I did.

I was so warmly greeted I didn't know how to react. A sweet young lady hugged me before service and told me my hair smelled nice. I had not been back to the states to see family in a year. That hug was the only physical contact outside handshakes I had that year. I had warm fuzzies and felt like a million dollars the rest of the day. I would later learn physical touch and kind words were my primary love languages.

I told a pastor in Okinawa this once long after I was married. There were lots of single airman in that church. After hearing my story, he made it a point to tell people during the greeting time to "shake a hand or hug a neck."

Bless the huggers!
And those who don't get hugs during this time of social distancing!

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Great to hear! I too have physical contact as the main love language, so I really appreciate those that hug (though it is weird when I'm not expecting it^_^)

Upvote 0