• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

blasphemy

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by raven1, Mar 20, 2014.

1. raven1

raven1 Well-Known Member

+20
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Is it a curse word against the holy spirit or denying salvation.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. dayhiker

dayhiker Mature veteran

+5,106
    Charismatic
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I personally think its an act of denying ones salvation, a work that God has done in ones life, a work of what the Holy Spirit is doing thru ones life to minister to other.

3. raven1

raven1 Well-Known Member

+20
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Help

4. pepsibluefan

pepsibluefan Newbie

+2
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    Blasphemy against the holy spirit is just what Jesus said it was; blasphemy against the holy spirit. Blasphemy against God or Jesus is forgivable expect blasphemy against the holy spirit.

Why do you ask? Do you think you accidentally did that?

5. raven1

raven1 Well-Known Member

+20
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What is it cussing the holy spirit or rejecting salvation.

6. pepsibluefan

pepsibluefan Newbie

+2
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    This is the definition of blasphemy.

If it is profane act. utterance, or writing against a sacred entity I.E God for example. It is blasphemy.

Also in another example the devil calming for himself the attributes and rights of God was blasphemy.

Blasphemy

1. A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.
    2. The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.
    3. An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.

7. raven1

raven1 Well-Known Member

+20
    Non-Denom
    Married
    See some people say its cussing some people say no its rejection of salvation.

8. pepsibluefan

pepsibluefan Newbie

+2
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    It has nothing to do with salvation. It is strictly with the holy spirit itself.

9. raven1

raven1 Well-Known Member

+20
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I know buy is it cussing at the holy spirit or rejecting being a believer that is blasphemy and unforgivable. I've heard both.

10. turned around

turned around Newbie

+116
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Hi raven,
    To avoid confusion ask the Spirit himself. I'm confident he will comfort you, and lead into all truth.

Grace to you.

11. raven1

raven1 Well-Known Member

+20
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I think he says its cursing the holy spirit and I'm going to hell.

12. ToBeBlessed

ToBeBlessed Guest

+0
    I think you need to go to a bible scholar site or something and ease your mind. I don't think it is possible for a born again Christian to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Go check.

13. raven1

raven1 Well-Known Member

+20
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The problem is every pastor has a different idea of what it is. Some say its cursing some say it unbelief.

14. Bjornke

Bjornke Regular Member

+25
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Are you asking what is blasphemy? Or what is the unpardonable sin?

There are thousands of ways to blaspheme. But, most are forgivable. Jesus even said one could talk ill of Him (Christ) and still be forgiven.

Matthew 12:31-32: “And I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.”

15. raven1

raven1 Well-Known Member

+20
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I'm asking unpardonable sin.

16. Bjornke

Bjornke Regular Member

+25
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Well 'Speaks a word against the Holy Spirit" would roughly equate to ... well... speaking!

That speaking could be in one's heart, mind, or tongue.

But basically, speaking against, would mean demeaning, damning, or speaking ill of the Holy Spirit.

That's my take on it at least.

17. BuffaloJack

BuffaloJack Guest

+0
    It's the Holy Spirit's job to speak to a person's heart and move them towards accepting Christ.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit means you take what the Holy Spirit is trying to tell you and consider it garbage (wrong, evil, etc.) and reject it.

So, in rejecting the Holy Spirit's message, you're rejecting faith in Christ. And since that faith is what is required to receive forgiveness of sins, rejecting that faith is unforgivable, hence the "unpardonable sin".

It's also only "unpardonable" if you die in that state. Should you change your mind and accept the Holy Spirit's message, and accept faith in Christ, you are no longer "blaspheming the Holy Spirit" and can then receive forgiveness.

18. JGiddings

JGiddings A work in progress.

+97
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The best biblical example of a being who committed the unpardonable sin is of course Satan. Satan desired to be like the most high God. Therefore, he rebelled and thus committed blasphemy against God. At one time, Satan must have been held in high regard to become an archangel and be given authority over the entire earth. Did he originally accept and respect his superiors of the Trinity of God? We can certainly expect that was one criteria for his getting the assignment. He then rejected the Trinity of God's authority when he rebelled. Satan obviously committed blasphemy!

19. KatyAD111

KatyAD111 Newbie

+27
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I don't know...I thought I did it, but I still pray in the spirit and have felt drawn by the spirit of God to meet with Him.

I think God is looking at your heart. He is also looking at whether or not the person is serious or not. Or just angry. I know you can't do it unless you truly believe the Holy Spirit is not from God. That is what i've learned.

Also, if you still have a heart for and want to fallow God, then you probably didn't do it.

He told me that I was going to heaven...through a fellow believer. That was after I blasphemed His Spirit. I did it once in anger, then I did it again because I didn't think i was going to go to heaven so I did it again...not really wanting to. And I also had Obesessive Thoughts....Lots of them....The holy spirit is a devil kept rolling around in my head. I also did it on accident.

So to conclude...I believe you have to think and believe that the H.S. isn't of God in order to blasphemy.

hope this helps.

20. KatyAD111

KatyAD111 Newbie

+27
    Non-Denom
    Single
    he also dosn't hold it against you if you don't know any better.