Chattanooga
✟27,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When it talks about blasphemy, in Mark 3:28-30 ...

Mark 3:28-30 28Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin." 30He said this because they were saying, "He has an impure spirit."

Does that also mean cursing the Holy Spirit?

blasphemy definition :
the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.

It says that blasphemy is profane talk.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Mark 3:28-30 28Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin." 30He said this because they were saying, "He has an impure spirit."

blasphemy definition :
the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.

Its not profane talks because if it were like that just making a joke of the Holy spirit would condenm you, and there is people who did worse that that, i think the blasphemy is like a rejection and a hardened state opposing Jesus and the Holy spirit something like that. i don't know but the devil tormented me with this for something that happened to me, but God kept showing up in my life doing things, and i even got comfort in some experience with God about this, i tell you the devil loves to throw this blashpemy thing to christians.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The scripture you provided is on target, and was on claims the work of the Holy Spirit was the work of the Satan, but in my opinion, I think technically, you have it right as the term "blasphemy" is defined just as you say and covers more ground than the particular instance of blasphemy in your scripture.

Upvote 0

Nick01

Jul 31, 2020
Chattanooga
✟27,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The scripture you provided is on target, and was on claims the work of the Holy Spirit was the work of the Satan, but in my opinion, I think technically, you have it right as the term "blasphemy" is defined just as you say and covers more ground than the particular instance of blasphemy in your scripture.

can you clarify what you mean?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i think the blasphemy is like a rejection and a hardened state opposing Jesus and the Holy spirit something like that.

There are teachers who are way off on what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit actually is, they don't even refer to the proper scripture when defining it, but the bible is very clear.

So, that said, I would ask you to show us where the bible agrees with you. If you can do that, I'll be happy to change my views on the defintion.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are teachers who are way off on what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit actually is, they don't even refer to the proper scripture when defining it, but the bible is very clear.

So, that said, I would ask you to show us where the bible agrees with you. If you can do that, I'll be happy to change my views on the defintion.

You are just chilling out on this topic, because you didn't experienced what i did, i was forced to say a bad word against the Holy spirit when i was in a state of total fear because a satanic attack, and i ended up with the psychiatrist shaking my head like crazy in terror, i had grave consequences because of that, but after some time in church i saw some words to repeat to some person in my mind that said: 'They blamed me for something i didn't do, i only want to be happy' and then from the same color as those words i received a stream of living water that i saw too, i don't know why i'm giving this testimony because this is the internet and everyone fights and don't believe each other, but for me this is a big deal.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are just chilling out on this topic, because you didn't experienced what i did, i was forced to say a bad word against the Holy spirit when i was in a state of total fear because a satanic attack, and i ended up with the psychiatrist shaking my head like crazy in terror, i had grave consequences because of that, but after some time in church i saw some words to repeat to some person in my mind that said: 'They blamed me for something i didn't do, i only want to be happy' and then from the same color as those words i received a stream of living water that i saw too, i don't know why i'm giving this testimony because this is the internet and everyone fights and don't believe each other, but for me this is a big deal.

Oh, I'm sure it is a big deal to you, and on what info you gave us, I was treating it the only way I could by simply trying to answer your questions given. Now that we have more info on the problem, maybe we can give more info.

For what particular condition do you see a psychiatrist?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

blasphemy definition :

It was a unique sin that could only be committed by the nation Israel during the gospel of the kingdom.

So no worries that you may commit it now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I'm sure it is a big deal to you, and on what info you gave us, I was treating it the only way I could by simply trying to answer your questions given. Now that we have more info on the problem, maybe we can give more info.

For what particular condition do you see a psychiatrist?

I was telling you that by that 'incident' i ended up with a pshychiatrist, but i was not seeing one or having any mental issue until that satanic attack, that screw me over big time, now this was like 20 years ago, now i'm better thanks to God. The point is i can know how sensitive of a matter this blashpemy topic can be, and people should be careful to not tell others they are going to hell just because they said some words. Because really we don't know for certain, what i think is that i think is not about making jokes or insult or curse just simply like that.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

blasphemy definition :

There's blasphemy and then there is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit ...

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is committed only in the context of an attitude of persistent unbelief and open hostility toward Jesus. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is not a single episode; it is a continuous determined way of life. Their hearts become hardened.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was telling you that by that 'incident' i ended up with a pshychiatrist, but i was not seeing one or having any mental issue until that satanic attack, that screw me over big time, now this was like 20 years ago, now i'm better thanks to God. The point is i can know how sensitive of a matter this blashpemy topic can be, and people should be careful to not tell others they are going to hell just because they said some words. Because really we don't know for certain, what i think is that i think is not about making jokes or insult or curse just simply like that.

Ok, thanks for the better understanding of whats happening. Ive given all the info I know of for now, and may chime in later after others do.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture please?

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

That seal by the Holy Spirit is permanent. The Holy Spirit does not break his own seal.

• Informative
Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

That seal by the Holy Spirit is permanent. The Holy Spirit does not break his own seal.

I dont understand how that explains how your explanation of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit overides what Christ clearly said it was.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont understand how that explains how your explanation of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit overides what Christ clearly said it was.

You understand that if you take that literally, just saying a little joke about the holy spirit would condemn you to hell? there is more stuff going on there.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You understand that if you take that literally, just saying a little joke about the holy spirit would condemn you to hell? there is more stuff going on there.

I'm only citing what he bible says, and you still haven't shown how the bible agrees with what you cite.

Upvote 0