Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Another reason is 1 John 5:16 teaches that there is a sin unto death which is pointless to pray about. It puts a person beyond forgiveness even in this life. Therefore the unforgivable blasphemy against the Spirit is not simply a lifetime of resistance against the Holy Spirit.

The Unforgivable Sin Defined
What then is it? The unforgivable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an act of resistance which belittles the Holy Spirit so grievously that he withdraws forever with his convicting power so that we are never able to repent and be forgiven."

Reading again on this topic what does this mean? That there is a point where the Holy Spirit withdraws and doesn't return?

I really do think this is the case.

• Agree
Reactions: Inagony
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The unforgivable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an act of resistance which belittles the Holy Spirit so grievously that he withdraws forever with his convicting power so that we are never able to repent and be forgiven

If a person refuses to put the ways of mankind behind in favour of those of the Kingdom then repentance is impossible and the HS has no one to guide. It all goes back to why Jesus said He would sent the HS. It all relates to why He came in the first place, the Kingdom. The HS was only for those of the Kingdom.

Luke 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

"Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not" ... the world refuses to reject itself in favour of the Kingdom, it refuses the Kingdom

"whatsoever I have said unto you." ... what did He teach? The gospel of the Kingdom

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I wanted to put away those things

Putting them away does not mean getting rid of them but rather recognizing them for what they are. That the self serving ways of man are self defeating. That there is a better way. I'm sure you have seen that. Who told you God requires more than recognizing the difference between man's will and God's and seeing God's as superior? God always extends a hand to those who seek His Kingdom. The Adversary is the one who wants you to feel like you've failed just because you still slip up. We all slip up. We're human. It's understanding why we do so that counts..

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel the enemy has twisted my thoughts on salvation, God and myself. I am usually one of those people who will look for every possible avenue until I feel at the end. God is greater than my understanding but I've prayed and prayed and cried and cried out and I still feel out of his grace. The only time I feel relief is when I think that maybe I haven't commited the Unpardonable sin and there may be a chance that God can forgive me after the second coming. Hell frightens me and I already feel like I've tasted it feeling so isolated from God's presence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Putting them away does not mean getting rid of them but rather recognizing them for what they are. That the self serving ways of man are self defeating. That there is a better way. I'm sure you have seen that. Who told you God requires more than recognizing the difference between man's will and God's and seeing God's as superior? God always extends a hand to those who seek His Kingdom. The Adversary is the one who wants you to feel like you've failed just because you still slip up. We all slip up. We're human. It's understanding why we do so that counts..

In reply to the above conversation in regards to failing I don't wanna believe I've commited the unpardonable sin but man I am sure.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't so much like those who seek to gain on expense of others though
Well that is what selfish self serving people do.

But my point is, if you don't really like what most of mankind does to each other, and you do like the things God represents by way of all things love, then you aren't off the track you think you are. You seem to be not having a spiritual dilemma but a good old fashioned physical emotional one that has you looking to ways to self medicate the pain. You have a struggle but your spiritual priorities seem right.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When we have the flu we don't much feel like doing anything we normally enjoy. I doubt the HS has left you but is leaving the work to you. It's job is to keep you thinking love is the answer, not selfishness, which you already know. Everybody is pulling for you but we can't do it for you. Once you start loving yourself again it will all fall into place. In the meantime God hasn't stopped doing so.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
So if I was to pass away in this State God could even speak to me then? :( that's what worries me that if I died like this he wouldn't want me

Hi there Rosesandthorns, many years ago, I had the same fear as you. I got distracted from my faith, started to do things which I felt were displeasing to God, and at one point was troubled with a fear that I may have been abandoned by Him. I would like to share with you an extract from a text by Henri Nouwen which was so helpful to me in rediscovering the extent of God's love and grace. Reading it really ministered to me and for the first time I discovered the immense depth of the love of God towards all his children. Just like the prodigal son who went away but came back and was embraced by the Father.

From "The Road to Daybreak" by Henri Nouwen
"I am your God, I have moulded you with My own hands, and I love what I have made. I love you with a love that has no limits, because I love you as I am loved. Do not run away from Me. Come back to Me---not once, not twice, but always again. You are My child. How can you ever doubt that I will embrace you again, hold you against My breast, kiss you and let My hands run through your hair? I am your God, the God of mercy and compassion, the God of pardon and love, the God of tenderness and care. Please do not say that I have given up on you, that I cannot stand you anymore, that there is no way back. It is not true. I so much want you to be with Me. I so much want you to be close to Me. I know all your thoughts. I hear all your words. I see all of your actions. And I love you because you are beautiful, made in My own image, an expression of My most intimate love. Do not judge yourself. Do not condemn yourself. Do not reject yourself. Let My love touch the deepest, most hidden corners of your heart and reveal to you your own beauty, a beauty that you have lost sight of, but which will become visible to you again in the light of My mercy. Come, come, let Me wipe your tears, and let My mouth come close to your ear and say to you, ‘I love you'" (Henri Nouwen)

Upvote 0