Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I am in this situation now crying out to God asking him to speak to me but I feel so far from him.

At 7pm I prayed
God, I am begging you for help. Lord I haven't been a Christian I want to have a new start. Lord Jesus as I am writing I trust that you will lead me to genuine repentence even in my denial of sins, Lord Jesus I have sinned against you, I have rebelled against God. I am a blasphemer, I am sorry. Lord Jesus show mercy on my soul for the sins I have commited."

Felt very sleepy... couldn't fight the urge to sleep so I fell asleep. Had a dream.

In the dream I was talking to Jesus and I remember saying "I'm fully healed!" and I felt his love so strongly, I looked at myself in the mirror I looked like my reflection. I was thinking all the time about helping people and interacting with those I thought didn't enjoy my company those who didn't like me were helping me. I woke up extremely disorientated from the dream feeling even more confused..

Reactions: jb8185
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First you need to know what salvation is. Salvation is faith in the cross to cover our sins. A person is saved by faith. Then we need to know what the cross is.

Where is the Gospel of the Kingdom in this?

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where is the Gospel of the Kingdom in this?

I don't know what weird or twisted gospel you are preaching. The whole point of the cross is the forgiveness of sins. As the bible says:

Gal 3:1-14 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith— just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”? Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.” So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.
The Righteous Shall Live by Faith For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.” Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.” But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.” Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Gal 5:13-14 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't know what weird or twisted gospel you are preaching.

Matthew 24:14 And this GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 1: 14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Matthew 4: 23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom...

etc.

Upvote 0

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That Is how I feel though I feel as though I see but my sins remain and no matter how hard I repent it keeps me in a cycle of sin, I don't know what to do..

I ask God and I feel numb still and no conviction. I know people are trying to make me feel better but it's like I'm stuck in a cycle.

Repentence is an act of the will, not of feeling. You can feel sorry for a sin and yet decide that the pleasures of sin outweigh repentence. People do it all the time. And our forgiveness after that repentence is a fact that exists no matter how we feel about it. You obviously are experiencing conviction or you wouldn't be repenting of your sin. "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (I John 1:9)".
He loves you so very much, even if you don't feel it. Would the God who left the 99 and went after the one lost sheep choose to let you perish? Are you really the worst sinner out there, so bad that even Christ's death on the cross can't cover your sins?
Sometimes when we're stuck in an illogical pattern or thinking or believing we have to take what we know on faith. If you believe the Bible, there is plenty of evidence in there that says you're forgiven, verses your interpretation of this one verse, which many people have told you is mistaken. Maybe while your mind is clouded like you, you need to take what you know of God and His mercy and forgiveness on faith, trust in the many other people who have shown you this is wrong, and leave this question for a while. Sometimes we can overthink ourselves into a mess.

Do you have a real life person you can talk to? A pastor, a Bible study teacher?

Reactions: jb8185
Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know to be honest I don't know how I'll get out of this cycle.. it makes no sense to me how I'm still alive after the amount of times I've repented and went straight back to sin, there is conviction but it's because of fear of blasphemy I think. My conscience knows it wants to please God but I'm in a rut. I use this forum as it's easier for me to communicate.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know everyone is trying to make me feel better but I know the things I've done. I know the rejection I have thrown in the face of God I've tried to repent God knows I am sorry I'm just stuck in a cycle. Don't know what to do. Please can someone pray I can come to genuine repentence. I don't know how I'm still alive.. I'm not being dramatic I've been a judgemental, pharasee like stubborn prideful sinner who had hardened their heart. I am praying God has mercy on me..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I think your conscience Roseandthorns is in error.

Here is Hebrews 6 ESV
Heb 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3 And this we will do if God permits.
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit,
Heb 6:5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come,
Heb 6:6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.
Heb 6:7 For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God.
Heb 6:8 But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.
Heb 6:9 Though we speak in this way, yet in your case, beloved, we feel sure of better things—things that belong to salvation.
Heb 6:10 For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.
Heb 6:11 And we desire each one of you to show the same earnestness to have the full assurance of hope until the end,
Heb 6:12 so that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
The Certainty of God's Promise
Heb 6:13 For when God made a promise to Abraham, since he had no one greater by whom to swear, he swore by himself,
Heb 6:14 saying, “Surely I will bless you and multiply you.”
Heb 6:15 And thus Abraham, having patiently waited, obtained the promise.
Heb 6:16 For people swear by something greater than themselves, and in all their disputes an oath is final for confirmation.
Heb 6:17 So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath,
Heb 6:18 so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us.
Heb 6:19 We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain,
Heb 6:20 where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last night I could feel my whole self dissolving in bed I thought wow this is it I've strayed too far God is done with me but I woke up. I don't know how I'm still alive. I know faith isn't a feeling I don't feel a thing just a shadow.

God is not finished with you, his cross has still paid for your sins. Your life time of sins is covered if you can believe for it. Yes you will have to repent, and leave your sins behind, but God has forgiven your sins on the cross.

The sort of thing that is happening to you, the fear, the worry, happens to many, it is there to help you assess your life. To show you what will happen if you continue in rebellion. But you don't need to be a rebel, you don't need to fear, God will restore you. God has not left you.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think your conscience Roseandthorns is in error.

Here is Hebrews 6 ESV
Heb 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3 And this we will do if God permits.
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit,
Heb 6:5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come,
Heb 6:6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.
Heb 6:7 For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God.
Heb 6:8 But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.
Heb 6:9 Though we speak in this way, yet in your case, beloved, we feel sure of better things—things that belong to salvation.
Heb 6:10 For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.
Heb 6:11 And we desire each one of you to show the same earnestness to have the full assurance of hope until the end,
Heb 6:12 so that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
The Certainty of God's Promise
Heb 6:13 For when God made a promise to Abraham, since he had no one greater by whom to swear, he swore by himself,
Heb 6:14 saying, “Surely I will bless you and multiply you.”
Heb 6:15 And thus Abraham, having patiently waited, obtained the promise.
Heb 6:16 For people swear by something greater than themselves, and in all their disputes an oath is final for confirmation.
Heb 6:17 So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath,
Heb 6:18 so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us.
Heb 6:19 We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain,
Heb 6:20 where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

I don't understand what you mean? I feel as though even though it's not about me I don't know how to reach out to others..

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The passage is about us. It is grace, the Holy Spirit, God's presence local to you that causes you to both will and do the will of God. We are placed in time and cities... that cause us to turn to Him and find Him. He causes us to repent, and enables us to serve. We are not Pelagians.

Only Jesus' sacred blood will cleanse and justify your heart... Or He died for nothing. So if the Spirit comes upon you, and you harden your heart and resist, it is this that eventually will do you harm. Tasting the Spirit but rejecting God. If the Spirit cannot soften your heart and justify you, you have no more hope. But you have not tasted the Spirit yet and not the other things, so just focus on a few things like living water, Jesus 's sacred blood and the oil of the Spirit, and wisdom... and you should grow in goodness.

Php 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,
Php 2:13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. ESV

Act 17:26 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place,
Act 17:27 that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us,
Act 17:28 for “‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, “‘For we are indeed his offspring.’ ESV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The passage is about us. It is grace, the Holy Spirit, God's presence local to you that causes you to both will and do the will of God. We are placed in time and cities... that cause us to turn to Him and find Him. He causes us to repent, and enables us to serve. We are not Pelagians.

Only Jesus' sacred blood will cleanse and justify your heart... Or He died for nothing. So if the Spirit comes upon you, and you harden your heart and resist, it is this that eventually will do you harm. Tasting the Spirit but rejecting God. If the Spirit cannot soften your heart and justify you, you have no more hope. But you have not tasted the Spirit yet and not the other things, so just focus on a few things like living water, Jesus 's sacred blood and the oil of the Spirit, and wisdom... and you should grow in goodness.

Php 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling,
Php 2:13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. ESV

Act 17:26 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place,
Act 17:27 that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us,
Act 17:28 for “‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, “‘For we are indeed his offspring.’ ESV

So I haven't tasted the spirit? Therefore I am not where I think I am?

I feel as though even though I've had the knowledge of the Holy Spirit I have continued to sin, I tried to repent but I based my repentence on my emotions. I feel as though I have hardened my heart (Which is the point of this post) I am afraid of dying unrepentant, I get there sudden feelings of impending fear, death ect and as though I am hanging on to the hope that The Lord sees my struggles and sees that I have gotten myself tangled in a mess. God knows the truth of my heart.

I pray Lord Jesus have mercy on my soul.

I don't want to be reprobate but I have spent a few years now trying to simply repent and I keep going back to sin that's why I feel blasphemous. I feel extremely cold in my heart, I feel estranged from love and I feel as though if I were to die in this State (for whatever reason) I would not be forgiven even though I want to be with God, I wanted to please God. I denied the help of the Holy spirit when it would prompt me through my own fear, through lack of belief in my situation getting better and through being filled with lies and false beliefs that led me away from God.

I am in a mess spiritually my conscience is so messed. I feel no direction right now I just feel a result of my stubborn pride against God. I know God is all loving, forgiving and kind but I feel he is saying because I've chosen a different path he's allowed me to go.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand what you are saying. I am trying to understand the situation. I am so self condemned that it's spiralled me into a lawful way of thinking and I just don't know how to switch it off. That's why I feel that I am desperate for God to forgive me because I can't repent on my own strength.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
So I haven't tasted the spirit? Therefore I am not where I think I am?

I feel as though even though I've had the knowledge of the Holy Spirit I have continued to sin, I tried to repent but I based my repentence on my emotions. I feel as though I have hardened my heart (Which is the point of this post) I am afraid of dying unrepentant, I get there sudden feelings of impending fear, death ect and as though I am hanging on to the hope that The Lord sees my struggles and sees that I have gotten myself tangled in a mess. God knows the truth of my heart.

I pray Lord Jesus have mercy on my soul.

I don't want to be reprobate but I have spent a few years now trying to simply repent and I keep going back to sin that's why I feel blasphemous. I feel extremely cold in my heart, I feel estranged from love and I feel as though if I were to die in this State (for whatever reason) I would not be forgiven even though I want to be with God, I wanted to please God. I denied the help of the Holy spirit when it would prompt me through my own fear, through lack of belief in my situation getting better and through being filled with lies and false beliefs that led me away from God.

I am in a mess spiritually my conscience is so messed. I feel no direction right now I just feel a result of my stubborn pride against God. I know God is all loving, forgiving and kind but I feel he is saying because I've chosen a different path he's allowed me to go.

Yes you are not there.
The early church dealt with the first heresy being gnosticism, they thought by special knowledge that they could escape evil and some thought the enlightenment saved them despite their works. But we are saved by the Spirit. You need the Spirit to bear the fruit of the Spirit so you overcome sin.

You need to be an overcomer. When you repent, the Spirit consolidates your ground when you receive by faith.

So there was a dispute between Catholics and Protestants as to what makes one right by faith, not knowledge, when you have faith, or after it leads to good works. In 1999 the RCC and Lutherans and maybe some others agreed that it was more like when by faith you receive the Spirit, you are justified and it leads to good works.

There is a story of a Korean missionary to Japan some years after WW2. But he could not forgive the Japanese. The Japanese congregation moved forwards and prayed Jesus' powerful blood would fall on him, and it was so, and the blood moved his heart to forgive them. There is power in the blood. But not to force you. So only pray for Jesus' blood when you are ready to let go and let God change your heart.

Upvote 0