Pennsylvania
✟790,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you for your kind response I appriciate everything you said I feel as though tonight I have realized that I need to genuinely repent in truth not just in fear of God not forgiving me.. he is love, he is forgiveness he loves us he wants us to be saved.
Try to remember, who you are in Christ is not your job. If your repentance is genuine, show it, but do not depend on yourself to be the source of it. Look to Christ.

Pursuing Christ will by definition bring repentance. It is impossible to do otherwise.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pride. Pride is an awful thing. I am sure a lot of people have seen my less than positive posts on this forum as I've been struggling with my salvation for a while.

I believe I have commited the unpardonable sin.. I'm sure of it. I don't want to be sure of it.

I honestly feel as though I've hardened my mind to think "I can't be saved" I don't know why, I wish it wasn't the case.

I know most people will say "you are asking about it so you haven't." But I don't feel conviction. I feel reprobate. I am in the grace of God right now even being able to keep typing, I don't know how he hasn't cut me off yet from the blasphemy I have spoke, saying "God won't forgive me." "God hates me." "God has given up on me." It's all sinful guilt.

I tried to repent. I felt as though my heart has been SO hardened. I couldn't feel the effect of sin in my spiritual body, I felt numv to sin as if God had handed me over.

I've apolagized for my sins, I've tried to repent but I feel no conviction. None. Only the fear that this is the fate now.
I feel though I've tried to repent I've been so hardened by my words, I apolagized to God for blashpeming I wrote it all down and told him I was sorry I am so worried he won't ever forgive me for what I've said and the only reason I repent of my sins is my fears of hell.

I became Christian two years ago, I was following Jesus, I found it so hard and then sinned and I would accidently complain saying God wants to test me ect I believed in so much false doctrine that I learnt from different sources. I found it so difficult to make sense of my mind at times knowing I was being affected by spirits. I am sorry that I allowed the hardened state to continue. I feel as though a lot of what I was believing was so prideful and demonic. I would try and twist scripture so I could fit it into what I wanted it to say at the time of my life to fit into what I was doing ECT. I would boast..I would judge others, I would just say whatever I was feeling about God (not negatively about God himself but about my situation and that the Holy Spirit wouldn't forgive me in my own mind)

I feel this is blasphemous. It is.

I feel awful.. I wanted to please God I didn't want to go against him I feel so terrible for it. I really hope that there is a way in some context that I can be forgiven but if I cannot I've only got myself to blame and I've accepted that it is my fault..

I don't know where to start with my repentence it feels so messy, I feel as though even when I try to dig deep into my soul I am filled with so much stuff I just can't reach there.

I would appriciate anyone's honest feedback and prayers for this situation I feel as though I am losing my faith I need prayer I genuinely don't know what to do.

Amy

Hi Amy,

I once thought that I had committed the unpardonable sin, it led me to investigate the issue in depth. The cross of Christ is a life given for a life time of sins. Every sin we can commit is covered by Jesus blood. All we need to do is believe it. See the following website for a detailed discussion of this sin Is there an unpardonable sin, what is blasphemy of the holy spirit. and how there is forgiveness if you seek it.

Robert

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Try to remember, who you are in Christ is not your job. If your repentance is genuine, show it, but do not depend on yourself to be the source of it. Look to Christ.

Pursuing Christ will by definition bring repentance. It is impossible to do otherwise.
Could you explain to me how I can do this in steps?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Pride. Pride is an awful thing. I am sure a lot of people have seen my less than positive posts on this forum as I've been struggling with my salvation for a while.

I believe I have commited the unpardonable sin.. I'm sure of it. I don't want to be sure of it.

I honestly feel as though I've hardened my mind to think "I can't be saved" I don't know why, I wish it wasn't the case.

I know most people will say "you are asking about it so you haven't." But I don't feel conviction. I feel reprobate. I am in the grace of God right now even being able to keep typing, I don't know how he hasn't cut me off yet from the blasphemy I have spoke, saying "God won't forgive me." "God hates me." "God has given up on me." It's all sinful guilt.

I tried to repent. I felt as though my heart has been SO hardened. I couldn't feel the effect of sin in my spiritual body, I felt numv to sin as if God had handed me over.

I've apolagized for my sins, I've tried to repent but I feel no conviction. None. Only the fear that this is the fate now.
I feel though I've tried to repent I've been so hardened by my words, I apolagized to God for blashpeming I wrote it all down and told him I was sorry I am so worried he won't ever forgive me for what I've said and the only reason I repent of my sins is my fears of hell.

I became Christian two years ago, I was following Jesus, I found it so hard and then sinned and I would accidently complain saying God wants to test me ect I believed in so much false doctrine that I learnt from different sources. I found it so difficult to make sense of my mind at times knowing I was being affected by spirits. I am sorry that I allowed the hardened state to continue. I feel as though a lot of what I was believing was so prideful and demonic. I would try and twist scripture so I could fit it into what I wanted it to say at the time of my life to fit into what I was doing ECT. I would boast..I would judge others, I would just say whatever I was feeling about God (not negatively about God himself but about my situation and that the Holy Spirit wouldn't forgive me in my own mind)

I feel awful.. I wanted to please God I didn't want to go against him I feel so terrible for it. I really hope that there is a way in some context that I can be forgiven but if I cannot I've only got myself to blame and I've accepted that it is my fault..

I don't know where to start with my repentence it feels so messy, I feel as though even when I try to dig deep into my soul I am filled with so much stuff I just can't reach there.

I would appriciate anyone's honest feedback and prayers for this situation I feel as though I am losing my faith I need prayer I genuinely don't know what to do.

Amy
If you have some remorse for doing it, it's not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. That's a sin committed by the children of perdition, it's a permenant atate, not a single act. They had been saing that since the Sermon on the Mount and continued to say things like that and worse.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
he is love, he is forgiveness he loves us he wants us to be saved.

Yes indeed, while mankind on the other hand wants us to stay loyal to their system of self. Realistically, Jesus was what is called not rebellious, but counter-culture.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Amy

Well, honestly salvation can take time. You indicated you only believed in the past two years. It took longer than that for me to feel saved. About 3 years for me while in the service of Jesus. But I was a terribly wild child. Hang in there :)

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Amy

Amy

Amy the very fact that you are figuratively wrestling with demons and fear you may be losing is pretty much evidence that you are in no danger of blaspheming the Spirit, i.e. rejecting God and His saving grace. Relax, ask God to help you, and then let Him do it. Just think of all the people who have tried to resist God and failed. You simply are not stronger or wiser than they were and you can trust Him to look after you too. Mentally send those demons packing and invite the Holy Spirit to replace them. It won't happen immediately probably, but in time you'll find out the Spirit is much stronger and wiser than they are.

I suspect because you are going through this, God must have something really wonderful in mind for you. I hope when you know what it is, you'll let us know.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Amy
Your salvation isn't based on emotion, your feelings are not what determines whether you belong to God or not. The determining factor is God and His promises... and He has made promises that still apply to you.

Blasphemy by definition means, "the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk." Have you gone on the act and spoke against the Holy Spirit? Have to openly taken a position against God speaking against Him and His power and might? Blasphemy is speaking against, it has nothing to do with feeling badly about something. So, don't feel like you have "done" something that crossed some line, because the unpardonable sin isn't about "doing" it is about "saying." I know that isn't often how it is taught, but the word means what it means.

Blessings.
Ken

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your salvation isn't based on emotion, your feelings are not what determines whether you belong to God or not. The determining factor is God and His promises... and He has made promises that still apply to you.

Blasphemy by definition means, "the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk." Have you gone on the act and spoke against the Holy Spirit? Have to openly taken a position against God speaking against Him and His power and might? Blasphemy is speaking against, it has nothing to do with feeling badly about something. So, don't feel like you have "done" something that crossed some line, because the unpardonable sin isn't about "doing" it is about "saying." I know that isn't often how it is taught, but the word means what it means.

Blessings.
Ken

That's the thing.. I feel like I have spoken badly abour sacred things, I've complained I've said things in temper I've felt like I've said things that God didn't like at all.. I can't feel it but it scares me, it does worry me in my conscience.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Blessings.
Ken

If someone was to blasphemy the spirit is there forgiveness can we be forgiven in this age...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Amy,

I once thought that I had committed the unpardonable sin, it led me to investigate the issue in depth. The cross of Christ is a life given for a life time of sins. Every sin we can commit is covered by Jesus blood. All we need to do is believe it. See the following website for a detailed discussion of this sin Is there an unpardonable sin, what is blasphemy of the holy spirit. and how there is forgiveness if you seek it.

Robert

Quoted from the passage:

I believe the pathway to the unpardonable sin is a persistent denial of the voice of the Holy Spirit, or to deny an act so powerful of the Holy Spirit that God gives us over to total Spiritual blindness and ultimately death. Every time we deny the correction or voice of the Holy Spirit we are opening ourselves up for failure. So how does this blindness occur?

I feel I have done this :(

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Quoted from the passage:

I believe the pathway to the unpardonable sin is a persistent denial of the voice of the Holy Spirit, or to deny an act so powerful of the Holy Spirit that God gives us over to total Spiritual blindness and ultimately death. Every time we deny the correction or voice of the Holy Spirit we are opening ourselves up for failure. So how does this blindness occur?

And Jesus told the pharasee's " And since you said that you see , your sins remain . " The pharasee's were blind but did not know it ...and consequently could not ( saw no need ) for repentance . My Dear Child , when God for Jesus sake , reveals to you His great love for you , you will understand your repentance and His Mercy and Great Love and the Glory of His majesty in a whole new way ...when this happens , do not forget so that you may share His great love with others . Seek , knock, ask and find for God is true . Though we remain faithless, He can not deny Himself ...And who is He ? Faithful and TRUE . He loves you because of who HE is , not who you are . His glory is to save you , which He did in Christ .

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That Is how I feel though I feel as though I see but my sins remain and no matter how hard I repent it keeps me in a cycle of sin, I don't know what to do..

I ask God and I feel numb still and no conviction. I know people are trying to make me feel better but it's like I'm stuck in a cycle.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I ask God and I feel numb still and no conviction. I know people are trying to make me feel better but it's like I'm stuck in a cycle.

Blasphemy is defined by the Jewish Mishna as having mentioned the name of God. Jesus was called a blasphemer for putting Himself in the position of God although He never spoke His name in doing so. Christianity however has changed the meaning of blasphemy to disagree with God or more importantly in the eyes of the religious institution, covering their own butts making it an offence to challenge their authority/doctrines. Is what man has called blasphemy to serve their own purpose rather than God's, what you are calling sacred things?

Are you guilty of saying God's name or making yourself God/Divine? Or are you just guilty like the rest of us of what God said, 'God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
That's the thing.. I feel like I have spoken badly abour sacred things, I've complained I've said things in temper I've felt like I've said things that God didn't like at all.. I can't feel it but it scares me, it does worry me in my conscience.
You think too much of yourself. Who do you think you are, for God to be taking what you say so seriously? You are a blathering child. A mental midget. God doesn't see you as big as you see yourself.

God knows who you are. What you think you are is irrelevant.

Upvote 0

AnThoKnee

Born Again Christian
Jan 14, 2019
Virginia
✟8,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Amy

I will pray for you. I've been through bad times in my life, where I will backslide in my faith, and then get myself back to the position I need to be with God. I'm not going to say for a fact, but I think you may be dealing with a problem I still even have to this day. I've had a lot of doubt before when I would do something wrong, that I'm not actually Saved. I know now that I am Saved, but it's the devil that puts doubt in our minds, into thinking we have sinned so much, that you can't be forgiven. That is not so. I don't know your take on this, but I believe that once you are Saved, you are always Saved. If that were not the case, everyone on this earth would be in hell right now, because everyone would sin, and make mistakes, just like we do now. It's the Grace of God that we can ask for forgiveness, and it is given to us. We are supposed to strive to do God's will, but we will never be able to do everything that He wants us to do. It's impossible to do the perfect will of God. That's why you CANNOT lose your Salvation. If you truly are Saved, you will still sin, but will strive to do better, and to do God's will. Yes, you may have messed up, just like us all, but if you truly are Saved, (believe on the Lord, Jesus Christ, and have repented of your sin), then you are not going to be lost. I will continue to pray for you. God bless you!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are aware of good and evil. We are, or should be aware of the world man has made in our image and of the Kingdom. Thus we are aware of the will of man vs the will of God. We know one to be bad, the other good.

What of those who redefine good and bad to self justify their deeds, throwing the contrast between world of man and Kingdom off kilter? These are of the world and will of man. In God;'s eyes they will never be seen as good no matter how hard they try to make it appear so.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some believe its making fun of the GIFTS as in TONGUES and HEALING ..you know the gifts of the sweet sweet Holy Spirit. Some say its that rejecting that pull that drawing to the Father.. thats the HOLY SPIRIT the only one that does that. If one rejects that call to the Father..

But as for you..lol...no you never did it

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quoted from the passage:

In a sense you are right, but you are not beyond salvation. First you need to know what salvation is. Salvation is faith in the cross to cover our sins. A person is saved by faith. Then we need to know what the cross is. The bible says "as it is appointed for man to die once, so Christ died once for sin". The appointment is for us to die once, so Christ died once for our life time of sins.

You are right that blindness can occur because of sin, and resisting the Holy Spirit takes us down that path. But it is blindness to the fact we can be saved, it is not that we can not be saved.

But the bible tells us in job that God often lets people go through trouble, trial, and I believe blindness, due to their sin. But then he calls to them to return, if they return, having seen what could happen to them if they continue to sin, they shall be restored. If they refuse the restoration, then they will die in their sins. Job calls it to die without knowledge. For it is knowledge or faith that saves.

Job 36:8-13 And if they are bound in chains and caught in the cords of affliction, then he declares to them their work and their transgressions, that they are behaving arrogantly. He opens their ears to instruction and commands that they return from iniquity. If they listen and serve him, they complete their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasantness. But if they do not listen, they perish by the sword and die without knowledge. “The godless in heart cherish anger; they do not cry for help when he binds them.

Job 33:19-30 “Man is also rebuked with pain on his bed and with continual strife in his bones, so that his life loathes bread, and his appetite the choicest food. His flesh is so wasted away that it cannot be seen, and his bones that were not seen stick out. His soul draws near the pit, and his life to those who bring death. If there be for him an angel, a mediator, one of the thousand, to declare to man what is right for him, and he is merciful to him, and says, ‘Deliver him from going down into the pit; I have found a ransom; let his flesh become fresh with youth; let him return to the days of his youthful vigor’; then man prays to God, and he accepts him; he sees his face with a shout of joy, and he restores to man his righteousness. He sings before men and says: ‘I sinned and perverted what was right, and it was not repaid to me. He has redeemed my soul from going down into the pit, and my life shall look upon the light.’ “Behold, God does all these things, twice, three times, with a man, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be lighted with the light of life.

Upvote 0