Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pride. Pride is an awful thing. I am sure a lot of people have seen my less than positive posts on this forum as I've been struggling with my salvation for a while.

I believe I have commited the unpardonable sin.. I'm sure of it. I don't want to be sure of it.

I honestly feel as though I've hardened my mind to think "I can't be saved" I don't know why, I wish it wasn't the case.

I know most people will say "you are asking about it so you haven't." But I don't feel conviction. I feel reprobate. I am in the grace of God right now even being able to keep typing, I don't know how he hasn't cut me off yet from the blasphemy I have spoke, saying "God won't forgive me." "God hates me." "God has given up on me." It's all sinful guilt.

I tried to repent. I felt as though my heart has been SO hardened. I couldn't feel the effect of sin in my spiritual body, I felt numv to sin as if God had handed me over.

I've apolagized for my sins, I've tried to repent but I feel no conviction. None. Only the fear that this is the fate now.
I feel though I've tried to repent I've been so hardened by my words, I apolagized to God for blashpeming I wrote it all down and told him I was sorry I am so worried he won't ever forgive me for what I've said and the only reason I repent of my sins is my fears of hell.

I became Christian two years ago, I was following Jesus, I found it so hard and then sinned and I would accidently complain saying God wants to test me ect I believed in so much false doctrine that I learnt from different sources. I found it so difficult to make sense of my mind at times knowing I was being affected by spirits. I am sorry that I allowed the hardened state to continue. I feel as though a lot of what I was believing was so prideful and demonic. I would try and twist scripture so I could fit it into what I wanted it to say at the time of my life to fit into what I was doing ECT. I would boast..I would judge others, I would just say whatever I was feeling about God (not negatively about God himself but about my situation and that the Holy Spirit wouldn't forgive me in my own mind)

I feel this is blasphemous. It is.

I feel awful.. I wanted to please God I didn't want to go against him I feel so terrible for it. I really hope that there is a way in some context that I can be forgiven but if I cannot I've only got myself to blame and I've accepted that it is my fault..

I don't know where to start with my repentence it feels so messy, I feel as though even when I try to dig deep into my soul I am filled with so much stuff I just can't reach there.

I would appriciate anyone's honest feedback and prayers for this situation I feel as though I am losing my faith I need prayer I genuinely don't know what to do.

Amy

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

Grace means you are given something you do not deserve.

Faith is something that is unseen that you are hopeful for.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:17:
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Revelation 21:8:
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Romans 5:8:
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 3:16:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Pride. Pride is an awful thing. I am sure a lot of people have seen my less than positive posts on this forum as I've been struggling with my salvation for a while.

I believe I have commited the unpardonable sin.. I'm sure of it. I don't want to be sure of it.

I honestly feel as though I've hardened my mind to think "I can't be saved" I don't know why, I wish it wasn't the case.

I know most people will say "you are asking about it so you haven't." But I don't feel conviction. I feel reprobate. I am in the grace of God right now even being able to keep typing, I don't know how he hasn't cut me off yet from the blasphemy I have spoke, saying "God won't forgive me." "God hates me." "God has given up on me." It's all sinful guilt.

I tried to repent. I felt as though my heart has been SO hardened. I couldn't feel the effect of sin in my spiritual body, I felt numv to sin as if God had handed me over.

I've apolagized for my sins, I've tried to repent but I feel no conviction. None. Only the fear that this is the fate now.
I feel though I've tried to repent I've been so hardened by my words, I apolagized to God for blashpeming I wrote it all down and told him I was sorry I am so worried he won't ever forgive me for what I've said and the only reason I repent of my sins is my fears of hell.

I became Christian two years ago, I was following Jesus, I found it so hard and then sinned and I would accidently complain saying God wants to test me ect I believed in so much false doctrine that I learnt from different sources. I found it so difficult to make sense of my mind at times knowing I was being affected by spirits. I am sorry that I allowed the hardened state to continue. I feel as though a lot of what I was believing was so prideful and demonic. I would try and twist scripture so I could fit it into what I wanted it to say at the time of my life to fit into what I was doing ECT. I would boast..I would judge others, I would just say whatever I was feeling about God (not negatively about God himself but about my situation and that the Holy Spirit wouldn't forgive me in my own mind)

I feel awful.. I wanted to please God I didn't want to go against him I feel so terrible for it. I really hope that there is a way in some context that I can be forgiven but if I cannot I've only got myself to blame and I've accepted that it is my fault..

I don't know where to start with my repentence it feels so messy, I feel as though even when I try to dig deep into my soul I am filled with so much stuff I just can't reach there.

I would appriciate anyone's honest feedback and prayers for this situation I feel as though I am losing my faith I need prayer I genuinely don't know what to do.

Amy
You have not committed blasphemy of the holy spirit that was a national sin that could have only been committed by the nation of Israel (which they did) when the Messiah (was here on earth in physical body) offered the nation His Messiah-ship and The Nation of Israel rejected the offer on the basis that The Messiah was demon possessed.

You may not have trusted in the Messiah for His gift of eternal life but you have not committed blasphemy of the holy spirit

Upvote 0

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can't tell if you have repented previously, and although I get why knowing if you did or didn't is important to you, in your current state of mind it may not be the best place to start. You said you weren't repentant but you said several times in your post that you were so sorry for how you treated God and that you accepted full responsibility for it if you were reprobate. That sounds like true repentance for the right reasons to me.
I don't believe that people who are worried about committing blasphemy of the Holy Spirit have committed it. Others know more about this and can comment fuller.
But let's say, for argument's sake, you weren't a Christian. You can become one now. You can repent and love Christ about all else now. He's not looking for a reason not to accept you- quite the contrary! "The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger; abounding in love...He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heaves are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far He has removed our transgressions from us." (Psalm 103:8, 10-12)

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I really hope that there is a way in some context that I can be forgiven

God gave you His only begotten Son, and in Him, you have righteousness and forgiveness. That is the only context I ever want to know. So I'll take it, and ask Him to be in me, and to keep myself in Him. Because whatever I do and whatever I feel is simply not enough.

The more I stare at myself, the more I know how wrong I am. There are no answers in me. There are no answers in "what I should do", because if I start to raise up my own filth and my own unrighteousness, trying desperately to turn it into something else, I'm looking at the whole picture as if Christ is not enough. I'm looking at myself, in my desperation, trying to achieve something holy, because I don't feel holy. So where's my answer then? In some religious puzzle full of traps that I have to solve, beating myself down while I'm doing it, only obeying my own fear, surrendering to its will? Luckily, God has the answer. And the better we understand our own state, the more we should go to Christ and depend on Him, without making it any more complicated.

What do you think repentance is? Do you think it's something you do, and you'll get rewarded with a feeling that tells you "that's it! I repented enough, I repented right, I found a way to repent!", as if you'll now have the perfect skill of repentance, and Christ is there only to receive your finished work, as a receiver instead of a giver? No. Repentance is what you have been doing for awhile now. It's about turning in your heart from what you know is wrong, not about trying to chase the wind of a feeling. Repentance is what helps us to go to Christ, and ultimately it's God and His spirit that causes that repentance in the first place, because without it, we wouldn't even think of such things. You're seeing all kinds of things about yourself that you don't like, and you're hungry for God's grace. You are repenting. It's not a trick. God doesn't care about our tricks or performance, He's not impressed by them. Christ came to be the sacrifice. We can put our hopes in Him. Even (and especially) if we don't feel like we're right enough with God to approach Him. That's the point! We weren't, and Christ came to make it so that we are! We have Christ! We don't have to run around with our fears, obeying them at every turn, chasing some distant God in order to impress Him somehow! No, we have Christ! He is not only enough, but He is more than enough! Through every failure, every confusion, every feeling or lack of feeling, we can trust Him and put all our hopes in Him. Him. Not us. Him. He is God. He gets to be God. We do not.

We find that we are weak, sinful, and failing. So we go to Christ, time and again. He is enough, we will never be. And while we wait for the Lord, putting our faith in Him, no matter how weak or confused we might be, we will learn patience, and in time we will see plenty of good fruit in our lives, and our trust for our Lord will only get stronger. Through every tribulation, fear, doubt and silence - our faith will grow. He will see to it. He is good, He will deliver, we can trust Him like a child. We don't have to constantly condemn and torment ourselves. When we trust God to be love and Christ to be for us, not against us, but a shepherd who finds the lost sheep and welcomes the prodigal son, then we can breathe, be relieved, glorify God and love our neighbor with a happy heart.

Said a prayer for you, sister.

• Winner
Reactions: jb8185
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The Holy Spirit is a presence and power, which should be experienced as actual and local, even infilling. You can receive it, offend or grieve him but he can still move you to repent. Hebrews 6:6 mentions this also. There is a lot to go before you can have been reached from every angle and still harden your heart. Just focus on such as living water, Jesus' sacred blood and the anointing for grace. And of course wisdom. God can soften your heart if you let him. No stress, but awe and honour to him.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Amy
The definition that Jesus gave when speaking to the Pharisees (not the ordinary people) of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, is the deliberate attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to that of the devil. He said it in response to the Jewish authorities accusing Him of casting out demons through the prince of demons. He did not define blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as anything else than that.

He said that "all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven of people". This means that all you have to do is to use 1 John 1:9, confess your sin to God and you are instantly forgiven and cleansed; and God instantly forgets that you ever sinned. He said, "Your sins and iniquities I will remember no more."

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Please try to remember this life isn't really even about YOU. You are very self-protective and self-involved at this point, and I can't blame you for that, but you have convinced yourself of something that only God himself can judge.

If a small child, in a fit of rage --no, even a near grown teenager --screams at the parent, "I hate you!", does that mean the child has any idea of anything they are saying other than expressing their feelings? No reasonable parent would take the child's word for it as though it really meant anything and because of the statement disown the child. God doesn't take your decisions, feelings, words, plans etc anywhere near as seriously as you do. He takes WHO YOU ARE much more seriously than you can know. And you are not in charge of who you are.

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

For a start don't make it about you. Let me explain. We are all sinners of the same ilk. We as a species put our will before the will of God. Our animal nature before our kinder gentler spirit.

Before you look at yourself, look at your fellow man. Turn on the news. Do you see who we are? Self centred, self absorbed, self defending, , feeding self interest by seeking gain at the expense of others, changing the definition of good and evil to suit whatever we do. Do you hate what people do to each other, how the world is run?

Do you see this in yourself. You see... the idea is not to hate yourself. The Adversary would like it if you did that, to have no self esteem because then you are more easily manipulated and don't see the big picture. You are just part of the big picture and can change you but not the big picture. Why take the blame for mankind?

Enough of the me me me. Doing God's will is others others others.

It is the ways of mankind that are at fault, the same ways as the adversary. There is the big picture. Are you responsible for how the Adversary acts? The Bible from start to finish is about the will of man mentioned above vs the will of God, which is love neighbour as self. Learn to hate how mankind acts and take the pressure off of yourself. You are making yourself ill or already are. Don't let others mold you into their own image saying they are saving you. Save yourself by hating the selfishness of mankind. Or as Jesus said to live you must die (of your animal nature). Walk away.

Look to the Kingdom as the slaves, servants, women and the like once did. They didn't hate themselves. They hated the nature of fellow man that made them who they were. Oppressed.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Amy

Blasphemy is only:

Rejecting God's Holy Spirit and considering it's influence to be from Satan.

Blasphemy is not, forgetting God, or being a lazy Christian, or even following the wrong religion.

Jesus died for all your past and future sins and they are all covered by His blood. Now, the problem of the "unforgivable sin" is when you reject the forgiveness of Jesus. Even this does not "anger" God. What it does is form a barrier around you that keeps you from accepting God's forgiveness. The Grace of Jesus is always there waiting for you at any time no matter what horrible sin you think has happened.

But if you block God's Grace, that is the one "sin that leads to death".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Blasphemy is only:

Blasphemy is not, forgetting God, or being a lazy Christian, or even following the wrong religion.

Jesus died for all your past and future sins and they are all covered by His blood. Now, the problem of the "unforgivable sin" is when you reject the forgiveness of Jesus. Even this does not "anger" God. What it does is form a barrier around you that keeps you from accepting God's forgiveness. The Grace of Jesus is always there waiting for you at any time no matter what horrible sin you think has happened.

Yes. Genuinely converted believers will not be judged at all. We judged ourselves as sinners and received Christ. Jesus, when He died on the cross, was judged in our place.

But sinners will face judgment, and the only item on the judgment agenda will be, "What was your attitude to Christ? Explain why you rejected Him? Why did you not say "yes" to Jesus and be saved and avoid this judgment?"

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blasphemy is only:

That's what I feel I've done, I've blocked his grace

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blasphemy is only:

I feel I have blocked it

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's as if I want to turn away from the path I'm on I am trying to call out to God but I feel I've blocked it. That's why it feels as though I had commited it, I never said anything that the Holy Spirit was from the other one I don't even wanna say his name. I am just in such a state right now, it's a wonder I'm still here

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It's as if I want to turn away from the path I'm on I am trying to call out to God but I feel I've blocked it. That's why it feels as though I had commited it, I never said anything that the Holy Spirit was from the other one I don't even wanna say his name. I am just in such a state right now, it's a wonder I'm still here
If when you hear his voice or his touch comes on you, his presence, and you then harden your heart of become stubborn, resistant, that blocks his grace, but you can change your mind and or learn better. God will have something more for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Amy

You are being too much dramatic, and fatalistic,

Even if you don't 'feel' anything, it doens't matter, just seek God, have faith, i'm sure other people have done worse than you, God is very patient and has much mercy so seek him and pray until he does something, i'm sure he didn't abandon you.

Don't trust your feelings just trust that God said he is not going to forsake you

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel I have blocked it

All you have blocked is putting God's will in front of your own. Christians do it all the time, whether purposely or otherwise. What 'leads to death' is remaining loyal to the will of man. This world is their only reward. The fact you are struggling, shows you are looking towards God, so you are already on a journey towards Him, completed in His own time. The degree you are struggling tells me though, there is either an illness of mind involved or you have been programmed to overreact to the situation. Either will make the ability to seek the peace God offers to you more difficult and you deserve our prayers. Be happy you are seeking God. Far too many don't.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All you have blocked is putting God's will in front of your own. Christians do it all the time, whether purposely or otherwise. What 'leads to death' is remaining loyal to the will of man. This world is their only reward. The fact you are struggling, shows you are looking towards God, so you are already on a journey towards Him, completed in His own time. The degree you are struggling tells me though, there is either an illness of mind involved or you have been programmed to overreact to the situation. Either will make the ability to seek the peace God offers to you more difficult and you deserve our prayers. Be happy you are seeking God. Far too many don't.

Thank you for your kind response I appriciate everything you said I feel as though tonight I have realized that I need to genuinely repent in truth not just in fear of God not forgiving me.. he is love, he is forgiveness he loves us he wants us to be saved.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For a start don't make it about you. Let me explain. We are all sinners of the same ilk. We as a species put our will before the will of God. Our animal nature before our kinder gentler spirit.

I see what you mean there.. that's very true.

Before you look at yourself, look at your fellow man. Turn on the news. Do you see who we are? Self centred, self absorbed, self defending, , feeding self interest by seeking gain at the expense of others, changing the definition of good and evil to suit whatever we do. Do you hate what people do to each other, how the world is run?

Do you see this in yourself. You see... the idea is not to hate yourself. The Adversary would like it if you did that, to have no self esteem because then you are more easily manipulated and don't see the big picture. You are just part of the big picture and can change you but not the big picture. Why take the blame for mankind?

Enough of the me me me. Doing God's will is others others others.

It is the ways of mankind that are at fault, the same ways as the adversary. There is the big picture. Are you responsible for how the Adversary acts? The Bible from start to finish is about the will of man mentioned above vs the will of God, which is love neighbour as self. Learn to hate how mankind acts and take the pressure off of yourself. You are making yourself ill or already are. Don't let others mold you into their own image saying they are saving you. Save yourself by hating the selfishness of mankind. Or as Jesus said to live you must die (of your animal nature). Walk away.

Look to the Kingdom as the slaves, servants, women and the like once did. They didn't hate themselves. They hated the nature of fellow man that made them who they were. Oppressed.

Upvote 0