• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit - Why there is still Hope for You!

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will give you some additional details on the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, but for you who struggle with this, I think your real freedom will come from understanding God's true character, the love and mercy of God. How He turns heart towards Him. Understanding His Grace. You need these revelations and you will get them if you study God’s word long enough. Faith come by hearing the word of God. Never stop studying God's Grace.

But to give you some additional insights on blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, you have to understand some of Jewish history.

In the Jewish tradition they held the beliefs that they gathered from the Old Testament that when the Messiah came he would be able to do certain miracles that no one else could do.

These would include healing a Jewish leper, healing a man born blind, and casting out a mute demon.

So when there was a claim that a Messianic miracle was done, the Jewish leaders were required to do an investigation, to either validate or deny the claims.

The Jewish Leaders had been casting out demons long before came. But the only way they could cast out the demons is that they would have to make contact with the demons and find out the demons name and then cast them out.

So they believed that only the coming Messiah would be able to cast out a mute demon, because there would be no way to make contact with the demons name, because the person was mute.

So in Mathew 12 where Jesus speaks about the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, the Pharisees while investigating Jesus, were met face to face with one of these miracles that only the Messiah could do.

It was done in public and the common Jew easily recognized that Jesus did a miracle that only the Messiah could do.

We know this because in MATTHEW‬ ‭12:23‬, it says “All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?””

So the people recognized this miracle and so did the Pharisees. But the Pharisees were so blackened in their heart that for whatever reason (maybe for the love of their positions, their money, or the fact that they personally hated everything Jesus stood for), they openly spoke out and deceived the people saying that Jesus had a demon, even though they knew better (or at a very least should have known better) than almost anyone, that this truly was the Messiah, but they wanted nothing to do with Him.

This is my take on it, but read it for yourself and make your own determination, but after reading this I don’t see that (at this point at least ) they had actually blasphemed the Holy Spirit. Jesus only said that who ever does blaspheme the Holy Spirit would not be forgiven.

In fact I read that Jesus still gives them a glimmer of hope. Right after he speaks about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit in Mathew 12, Jesus says to the Pharisees,

“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit.”
‭‭MATTHEW‬ ‭12:33‬

So Jesus is telling the Pharisees that He just spoke to about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit that they should make their tree good. What’s the point of telling them this if they had no hope.

Then Jesus gives one more sentence in Mathew that makes me think all hope is not lost.

The Pharisees ask for a sign “seemingly right after they just saw one of the most convincing signs possible”

“Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.” But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet; for just as JONAH WAS THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE BELLY OF THE SEA MONSTER, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”
‭‭MATTHEW‬ ‭12:38-40‬ ‭NASB‬‬

So Jesus is telling the Pharisees, you want another sign “ok”, I’ll give you one - but this is the only sign that will be given.

So the sign would be that just as Jonah spent three nights in the belly of the fish and then was (figuratively) resurrected out of the fish, Jesus would spend three nights in the grave and rise again. That’s a big sign, to prove that He was who He said He was.

Well Jesus gave them that sign, and we read later in Mathew what the leaders response was to the resurrection.

Mathew 28 says “While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests all that had happened. After the chief priests had met with the elders and formed a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money and instructed them: “You are to say, ‘His disciples came by night and stole Him away while we were asleep.”

In all fairness the plot to conceal the truth was done by the chief priest and elders and not the Pharisees. And I don’t know how they differed, but reading the gospels it sounds like the Jewish leaders were all on the same page about Jesus and in communication with each other.

But here we see that the Chief priest believed with their whole heart that Jesus rose from from dead, they believed the last sign that Jesus said He would give.

I would imagine the chief priests would have known that Jesus had done every miracle that only the Messiah could have done. So these people believed with all their heart that Jesus was the Messiah because they devised a plan to conceal the truth and cover it up with a lie.

They believed the what the guards said about how Jesus rose from the dead. But for whatever reason their hearts were so black that even though believed with all their heart Jesus was the Lord; Jesus was NOT going to be their Lord. Not only that they were going to do everything possible with full knowledge of the truth to deceive people and spend the rest of their lives trying to take people to Hell with them.

Do you see how black a heart has to be to do this, their is absolutely no good in them. They seemingly have let their hearts become just as dark as satans.

It is my opinion, based on what I know of the scriptures I shared, is when they likely would have blasphemed the Holy Spirit. But at any rate; if it was at this point or when they said Jesus had a demon; you can see the condition of their heart.

As far as i can tell; these guys did not care about their salvation, in fact they knowingly aligned themselves with satan and committed themselves to knowingly bringing people to Hell with them.

Jesus always judges the heart, most people fall away because of the weakness of their flesh, or out of despair, or confusion, offense, or they get mad at God, or some other reason.

But to have a heart so dark, that after you seen Jesus face to face, after witnessing His miracles first hand; (knowing that Only the Messiah could do these); seen the love in His eyes, His compassion' and then with full knowledge create a premeditated plan to turn against God and serve satan and knowingly lead others to Hell; just because you don't want to loose your position, your money, your fame (or whatever was their motivation); you would have to have one of the blackest hearts imaginable.

There may be even certain people who may of professed some sort of Christianity who fell away and become satanists. But even these people likely had a horribly distorted view of who Jesus was, and their decision was out of confusion and emotions. They most likely believed a lie that satan whispered in their ear; telling them that Jesus was unjust or unfair, or it was Jesus's fault that something bad happened to them in their life (even though it was satan the entire time.) Someone like this didn't have the luxury of seeing Jesus face to face, and seeing the Love in His eyes, witnessing His miracles first hand; or seeing his goodness. So from what I see in scripture - even their hearts were not as black as the Pharisees. For the Pharisees - there was nothing left to imagination; they had seen God face to face.

I write this because a lot of people struggle with this; and when reading about this (on the surface level) you do not see the condition of the Pharisees heart, and obviously I don't know all that was going through the Pharisees mind's and hearts; but based on what we do know - it was likely much darker than what we see at a surface level.

But YOU can know for certain that you have not Blasphemed the Holy Spirit because God knocks on the door of our hearts; and if you feel a conviction in your heart to return to God through Jesus Christ; that is God speaking to you and the Bible says in

Revelation 3:19-20
Those I love, I rebuke and discipline. Therefore be earnest and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me.

. . . And Isaiah 56:7 says:
"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon."

So it's not too late for you. Return to God; Love Him, live for Him and thank Him everyday for your amazing salvation through Jesus Christ!

Feel free to pm me with questions I will pray for you. And God Will get you through this, just don’t give up!

May 6, 2019
Chicago
✟16,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I will give you some additional details on the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, but for you who struggle with this, I think your real freedom will come from understanding God's true character, the love and mercy of God. How He turns heart towards Him. Understanding His Grace. You need these revelations and you will get them if you study God’s word long enough. Faith come by hearing the word of God. Never stop studying God's Grace.

But to give you some additional insights on blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, you have to understand some of Jewish history.

In the Jewish tradition they held the beliefs that they gathered from the Old Testament that when the Messiah came he would be able to do certain miracles that no one else could do.

These would include healing a Jewish leper, healing a man born blind, and casting out a mute demon.

So when there was a claim that a Messianic miracle was done, the Jewish leaders were required to do an investigation, to either validate or deny the claims.

The Jewish Leaders had been casting out demons long before came. But the only way they could cast out the demons is that they would have to make contact with the demons and find out the demons name and then cast them out.

So they believed that only the coming Messiah would be able to cast out a mute demon, because there would be no way to make contact with the demons name, because the person was mute.

So in Mathew 12 where Jesus speaks about the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, the Pharisees while investigating Jesus, were met face to face with one of these miracles that only the Messiah could do.

It was done in public and the common Jew easily recognized that Jesus did a miracle that only the Messiah could do.

We know this because in MATTHEW‬ ‭12:23‬, it says “All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?””

So the people recognized this miracle and so did the Pharisees. But the Pharisees were so blackened in their heart that for whatever reason (maybe for the love of their positions, their money, or the fact that they personally hated everything Jesus stood for), they openly spoke out and deceived the people saying that Jesus had a demon, even though they knew better (or at a very least should have known better) than almost anyone, that this truly was the Messiah, but they wanted nothing to do with Him.

This is my take on it, but read it for yourself and make your own determination, but after reading this I don’t see that (at this point at least ) they had actually blasphemed the Holy Spirit. Jesus only said that who ever does blaspheme the Holy Spirit would not be forgiven.

In fact I read that Jesus still gives them a glimmer of hope. Right after he speaks about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit in Mathew 12, Jesus says to the Pharisees,

“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit.”
‭‭MATTHEW‬ ‭12:33‬

So Jesus is telling the Pharisees that He just spoke to about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit that they should make their tree good. What’s the point of telling them this if they had no hope.

Then Jesus gives one more sentence in Mathew that makes me think all hope is not lost.

The Pharisees ask for a sign “seemingly right after they just saw one of the most convincing signs possible”

“Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.” But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet; for just as JONAH WAS THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE BELLY OF THE SEA MONSTER, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”
‭‭MATTHEW‬ ‭12:38-40‬ ‭NASB‬‬

So Jesus is telling the Pharisees, you want another sign “ok”, I’ll give you one - but this is the only sign that will be given.

So the sign would be that just as Jonah spent three nights in the belly of the fish and then was (figuratively) resurrected out of the fish, Jesus would spend three nights in the grave and rise again. That’s a big sign, to prove that He was who He said He was.

Well Jesus gave them that sign, and we read later in Mathew what the leaders response was to the resurrection.

Mathew 28 says “While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests all that had happened. After the chief priests had met with the elders and formed a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money and instructed them: “You are to say, ‘His disciples came by night and stole Him away while we were asleep.”

In all fairness the plot to conceal the truth was done by the chief priest and elders and not the Pharisees. And I don’t know how they differed, but reading the gospels it sounds like the Jewish leaders were all on the same page about Jesus and in communication with each other.

But here we see that the Chief priest believed with their whole heart that Jesus rose from from dead, they believed the last sign that Jesus said He would give.

I would imagine the chief priests would have known that Jesus had done every miracle that only the Messiah could have done. So these people believed with all their heart that Jesus was the Messiah because they devised a plan to conceal the truth and cover it up with a lie.

They believed the what the guards said about how Jesus rose from the dead. But for whatever reason their hearts were so black that even though believed with all their heart Jesus was the Lord; Jesus was NOT going to be their Lord. Not only that they were going to do everything possible with full knowledge of the truth to deceive people and spend the rest of their lives trying to take people to Hell with them.

Do you see how black a heart has to be to do this, their is absolutely no good in them. They seemingly have let their hearts become just as dark as satans.

It is my opinion, based on what I know of the scriptures I shared, is when they likely would have blasphemed the Holy Spirit. But at any rate; if it was at this point or when they said Jesus had a demon; you can see the condition of their heart.

As far as i can tell; these guys did not care about their salvation, in fact they knowingly aligned themselves with satan and committed themselves to knowingly bringing people to Hell with them.

Jesus always judges the heart, most people fall away because of the weakness of their flesh, or out of despair, or confusion, offense, or they get mad at God, or some other reason.

But to have a heart so dark, that after you seen Jesus face to face, after witnessing His miracles first hand; (knowing that Only the Messiah could do these); seen the love in His eyes, His compassion' and then with full knowledge create a premeditated plan to turn against God and serve satan and knowingly lead others to Hell; just because you don't want to loose your position, your money, your fame (or whatever was their motivation); you would have to have one of the blackest hearts imaginable.

There may be even certain people who may of professed some sort of Christianity who fell away and become satanists. But even these people likely had a horribly distorted view of who Jesus was, and their decision was out of confusion and emotions. They most likely believed a lie that satan whispered in their ear; telling them that Jesus was unjust or unfair, or it was Jesus's fault that something bad happened to them in their life (even though it was satan the entire time.) Someone like this didn't have the luxury of seeing Jesus face to face, and seeing the Love in His eyes, witnessing His miracles first hand; or seeing his goodness. So from what I see in scripture - even their hearts were not as black as the Pharisees. For the Pharisees - there was nothing left to imagination; they had seen God face to face.

I write this because a lot of people struggle with this; and when reading about this (on the surface level) you do not see the condition of the Pharisees heart, and obviously I don't know all that was going through the Pharisees mind's and hearts; but based on what we do know - it was likely much darker than what we see at a surface level.

But YOU can know for certain that you have not Blasphemed the Holy Spirit because God knocks on the door of our hearts; and if you feel a conviction in your heart to return to God through Jesus Christ; that is God speaking to you and the Bible says in

Revelation 3:19-20
Those I love, I rebuke and discipline. Therefore be earnest and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me.

. . . And Isaiah 56:7 says:
"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon."

So it's not too late for you. Return to God; Love Him, live for Him and thank Him everyday for your amazing salvation through Jesus Christ!

Feel free to pm me with questions I will pray for you. And God Will get you through this, just don’t give up!
Please help! I can't do this anymore... I have lived a life full of sin, I accepted Christ as a boy at age 5. I don't know what to do I have lived a life full of sin, and kept returning to those sins. I have had a inappropriate content addiction for many years, and I have received pre-marital oral sex IN A CHURCH with a complete stranger during a church lock in. I have sent pictures to girls in order to get nudes from them multiple times, I have borderline cheated on girlfriends, I have lived a double life. I honestly do not know what to do. I have tried many times to stop sinning, and to live a life according to God's word, but a couple months ago I fell hard into doubts about whether I was gay or not. I freaked out, because I know I am not a homosexual, and I know God would still love me even if I was. I was just doubting my sexual orientation, and then it turned into a lot of doubts about God and about Jesus, and about my salvation, and about my faith, and now I am doubting whether I even care or not. I don't feel like I care. I get thoughts that I am going to hell, and I am not scared, and I feel like I don't care If I go there or not. I came to my parents confessed to them about inappropriate content, and then fell back into it, leading to worse things like the pre-marital oral sex with a complete stranger and asking girls for nudes and other stuff. I came to my parents again when all of these doubts came into my life, and i turned to masturbation and inappropriate content to help with my pain and doubts. Then my mom bought something to block out the inappropriate content, so then i went on youtube, then i got blocked from youtube because I told my mom about that, then I went to Snapchat because I had nudes on there, then I deleted the nudes, and then I went to instagram, and then to eventually just my mind, and after that I have had no desire to even touch or put my eyes before sexual things. I feel like I don't even care about myself, my family, God or anything, I have also doubted through all of this if Jesus was demon possesed, and I doubted if he is the son of god, and i just keep doubting I have talked to my pastors, and to my parents, and to friends, and to counselors and nothing has helped I have even seen a psychiatrist, and I am on medication and have been on it for about a month, and I have seen no improvement. I don't know what I want, but I honestly just want to die. I will not commit suicide, honestly because I am to scared to take my life, but if I got hit by a car i wouldn't care... I honestly think I can not repent, and I don't know if I can. I am so lost I feel like I can't come to God I keep praying and trying to recommit my faith, but the words feel empty, and I don't know what to do.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes; i have along with countless other people who have been set free from it.

I will guarantee that there will never be one person that at judgment day; who turned to Jesus with all their heart believing on Him alone for salvation; that will be disappointed.

I guarantee nobody will hear from Jesus when they die; "I know you turned your entire heart over too me in faith and lived your life loving me and believing in me; but remember when you did that sin; back when you were 20 years old - sorry but I can't let you in." Nobody will ever hear that; because 1) God is too easily moved by compassion and mercy. 2) Nobody comes to Jesus without the Spirit drawing them; and nobody who comes to Jesus will ever be condemned.

This is lesson 101 in Satan's handbook of "How to Paralyze a Believer, so He Doesn't Live up to what God Called Him to Be.". Don't believe it!

Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Besides; if you have turned back to Jesus in Faith. You can be sooo 100% ridiculously sure without once ounce, not even a molecule of doubt - because Faith is something that God provides. If you have faith; that is a Grace.

I know this because Jesus said to Peter; "But I have prayed for you, that your faith fail not: and when you have returned, strengthen your brethren.~ Luke 22:32"

So then Peter fell away; but not finally; because Jesus prayed for Him.

If you fell away to some degree; and you came to your senses and returned (or want to return) then this is Grace; God has drawn you back or is drawing you back to Jesus.

This idea can be illustrated over and over; but this is just one example.

Oh but now the troubled mind will say; but how much faith do I need. Do I have enough faith? I say - Do you have enough faith to call on the name of the Lord; then you have enough faith.

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. ~ Romans 10:13

• Friendly
Reactions: Will Stannard
Upvote 0

RichardY

Holotheist. Whig. Monarchical Modalism.
Apr 11, 2019
Spalding
✟16,984.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This was something that never made sense to me, until recently, coming from atheists. Atheism is not just a non-believe in God, but an active disbelief.

It wouldn't register as anything, a random string of characters. What do you mean by {g?@!!"dfefewij}. I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you provide evidence for that? define it better for me.

Why are all these people going into that building singing songs, and reading fairytales? Perhaps I should join them, oh look they have a BBQ going....

In short the paradox can not be sustained, metaphysically or even psychologically, there is no distinction. Religions that negate the self identity/atman/soul, and detract from the glory of God are Evil.

Legalism is Evil.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Basically a inappropriate content addiction, led me to think i was doomed for Hell because i couldn't break it (which if you read this - that was the wrong belief - so don't think that your doomed if you struggling with it, its just what I thought at the time because i never read the word) So I began to give up; but then right before I was about to throw in the towel; God convicted my heart to get right with Him during a church service; i never felt so much conviction in my life - i went up front of church and rededicated my life and God supernaturally delivered me from it, to this day I never went back.

But this whole thing was my own fault if I would have actually read my Bible back then, i would have known better; and I would have had faith and known how to beat it. But like it says "My Children are destroyed for lack of Knowledge" but God had mercy on my anyways.

So anyways; 3 months in - the preacher was preaching on apostates. Well I said to my self what are these apostates that He is talking about. I studied it; and it was like a spirit of fear came over me and I couldn't shake the doubts - was that me, Did I repent too late. Was my sin not unforgivable. It about drove me nuts, gave me OCD and GAD - and a whole host of other mental issues. But then God revealed to me His Grace, Love, and Mercy - and now I am mostly better.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know what though - that whole trial forced me to develop so much faith, during the whole time. I would not be where I am today without that trial, and I will be fully healed of it - not only that I will receive 7X what the devil stole from me.

Before I would crumble like a cookie when cares of this world arose; now i can keep my mind and eyes on Jesus no matter if all Hell is let loose on me; because if you knew what I went through (i think all hell was released on me).

I am more in love, on fire, full of faith than I ever been before - I can rightly divide the word of truth better than I could ever and I can spot bad teaching a mile away so it doesn't affect me like it used to; and I am not even all the way healed of this. Watch out satan when I get fully healed of all the residual trauma this caused - cause I am going to be so loving, dead to sin and alive in Christ - I know one day my heart will beat Just like Jesus for the Lost. I will have the compassion of my Father in heaven, and I will have faith to move mountains. I am not there yet - but if God is for me who can be against me?

You too will have victory over this; when your back is up against the wall and you feel like your going backwards; know that something inside you is getting refined and when you come out of it you will be stronger than ever. ~ just don't give up and keep fighting by believing that all things are possible through God.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How long, my whole journey has been 5 years. That’s why I am willing to help people because if I would have know back then what I know now, I am sure I could have beat it a lot sooner. But I didn’t have anyone to spoon feed me the right info, so I had to relentlessly study out everything to find the truth. TBH these forums are horrible for people with ocd because there is so much bad info being spread it makes me scratch my head and think how is this even possible?

I will tell you victory started coming when I realized that whatever was going on in my mind was trying to kill me, and that certainly was not God. I got more to say to help you But I am typing this in a traffic jam and don’t want to read end someone.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it’s safe to say that everyone who has a type of religious ocd, is because they have not had a full revelation of the love of God. I guarantee one you get that OCD will flee. If you make that your life mission you will get free. Because everyone who seeks finds when they seek with all their heart.

Perfect love casts out all fear - if we still have fear we still need more revelation of Gods love.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s only because of God and the Holy Spirit guiding me. Without that I would of had no hope. This was my rope to climb out of this pit. Now you have Jesus and the Holy Spirit, so you have the rope you need to begin to climb.

You climb by believing as much as you can each day, (little leaps of faith) and walking in it. When you get knocked down, pick up where you left off and keep walking in faith, believing as much as you can that day.

The only way out of this is through faith. No pills are going to cure it, but Jesus will but He can only be accessed through faith. That is like a muscle that needs to be built. Jesus gave you the mustard seed you needed to call on His name to get saved, but now is the time for you to start cooperating with the Holy Spirit to turn that mustard seed into a mountain, so you can see the mountains in your life move.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I too struggle with blasphemous thoughts. Dreams, daily, wondering mind. I really don't know what is going on half the time. I have a hard time. I really need prayer. This is what happened to me today. I am going to make a thread.

I have worried about this for a few hours. Not sure what happened in my mind. This morning, I got up and I felt this pressure to be mad at my MIL. Like cussing her. I don’t really cuss a lot. I have to be totally ticked to get to that level. It was the F word. The word I hate. “God” came to my mind and I did not want to mix that word with His name, like I have heard from kids on the bus in school. A long time ago. I immediately cut the head off of that snake, and I got rid of that thought. I felt crappy about it for about an hour and a half.

I went for a walk. No, I didn’t. It began to rain. It poured all day. I went to Walmart to grab a few things. I got out of my car and I feel like my mind was trying to go somewhere, but I kept drawing blank in thought. I was thinking something bad against the Spirit might come through, but it didn’t, thankfully. Praise the Lord! (I have an issue with repetitive thoughts and stuff like that)

So, I am walking through the store. I looked around for a few minutes in the clothing section. I then felt these thoughts coming over me like paranoia. How am I dressed? Are you wearing clothes? I was. I knew I was dressed. Athletic shorts and a tank top. I then had thoughts of modesty and modest dressed people that I know of. Then I felt like some sort of question came over me but I can’t remember what it was. “A devil,” came to my mind. This is where my problem is at. After “a devil,” came to mind, it registered with me (I am still kind of drawing blank here, I am feeling the material of an outfit) and a thought “of Jesus” came through my mind. I was quickly telling myself “A devil can get out of mind. Not of Jesus!” It was so fast, I don’t know how to explain it. I feel so guilty though. “A devil,” came to mind and then I feel like I drew blank and I don’t know if “of Jesus” was the first thing to come to mind, something that was trying to pass through my mind, or I was just randomly thinking it. I also couldn’t tell you if that was the order it happened in. I am always so distracted. I feel like when I was saying the devil could get out of my mind, was when the “of Jesus” stuff came to mind. I really don’t know. It is all confusing, but I have a lot of stupid thoughts that I do not want. I feel like I am in a brain fog. I dwelled on this for half the day. I have been dwelling on it fore the past 3 hours. It’s so hurtful.

To the point where I don’t know if I am having a mental health issue or if this is a satanic attack. I don’t want to lose my salvation over stuff like this. I know the blood is sufficient. I don’t understand all of the bible to be honest, but I know that I am not wanting to deliberately think bad things about God. I honestly think I am panicking when “Of Jesus” came through my mind, like I may have been afraid it was going to happen and that is why I feel like it came to mind. Confustion. It’s like I am blaming myself for deliberately thinking of stuff like this. I am not trying to say that devils are of Christ.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have to realize that all these thoughts, voices or random ideas that are contrary to who you are as a person towards God are not sin. They are a distraction from the enemy; they are not your thoughts so don't own them.

I don't care how bad they are, do you realize Jesus had a voice come into His head asking Him to worship satan?

Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. “All this I will give You,” he said, “if You will fall down and worship me.”

Think about that Jesus heard a voice to worship satan. Did he say; "oh no - how wicked am I - I heard a voice that asked me to worship satan." No! It wasn't His thought. He didn't feel guilty over it.

You HAVE to realize all this is - is a distraction which is actually causing you too sin. Its making you waste your life worrying about something that is not even a sin. Its causing you to not fully step into all that God has called you to be. Christians should be people of faith, who strive to believe the impossible, and walk with God in the deep water.

Christianity is not just about mastering all the do's and don'ts.

Trust me I don't have it all down either and I have a long way to go; but God revealed this too me some time ago and I am trying my best to walk it out. I used to spend my entire day worrying about the stupidest things bothering my mind; when in my heart I knew better.

The devil had me distracted trying to fight things that were not even sins; which left me sinning because I was not living a life of faith.

But I would spend all day entertaining the useless thoughts in my mind and miss out on what God really called me to do and that was to walk by faith. I mean everything should be in faith. One thing was being a good father for the glory of God; before I would just sit on the couch and read stuff on my phone trying to reassure my mind.

Here I wasted that entire time; when I could have been building relationships with my boys and being a good father to them; and discipling them. Same with work; i would waste my whole day researching stupid stuff online; when I should have been honoring God with the Job he gave me. I used to feel horrible and it would keep me from witnessing; when I should have been out there evangelizing about the Goodness of God; and winning souls for Jesus.

Sometime I fail; other times I do good. But when I fail - I get back up and go back at it. Thank Him for the trials; for me they burnt out so many fleshly impurities that could not have came out from me any other way. Sometimes, when i am in the middle of a trial; i thank Him - I tell Him I don't want it to end until it burns out whatever impurities remain. I want to be like Jesus; no matter what it costs, as long as God promises to be with me in the fire; and never leave me. Which He did. He said, I will never leave you or forsake you.

God is not a God that is trying to strike you down with one bad thought; believe me - He is the one saving you. He is your advocate. God is on your side; He is not waiting for you to slip up so He can strike you down. "He said, come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest." God is For you NOT against You.

You have to get past this fight and move onto faith. The easiest way to do this, is really commit yourself to intersession. Pray for others more than everyone else. If you really commit yourself to intersession, it will help you live by faith.

Just try it; you will see what I mean. The hardest part is just keeping at it; at least it is for me. But every time I do, I am blessed. I mean - get serious, everyday spend 30 minutes or an hour praying for others; then switch it to praising Him for all the good things He did for you. Tell Him How much you love Him; and Thank Him for loving You. Spend sometime in worship like this. Then pray big prayers for your self; ask Him to Change You; to give you a heart like Jesus had. Ask Him to put in you a Love like Jesus loved. To fill you with Purpose, etc. He will answer those prayers and it will also help you transform your mind.

Reactions: carrico
Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. That was so uplifting to hear. And very true. I want to dig deeper into Him and His word! You really related to me here:

"But I would spend all day entertaining the useless thoughts in my mind and miss out on what God really called me to do and that was to walk by faith. I mean everything should be in faith. One thing was being a good father for the glory of God; before I would just sit on the couch and read stuff on my phone trying to reassure my mind. "

I can't tell you how many times that I have been stuck in this place...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that part of my problem could be OCD? I wonder sometimes if I am. Tonight I was trying to position my phone with the little stand on the back of it. It wouldn't work. I thought to myself, "you little cuss" but as I was getting through this thought to myself, I thought curse instead of cuss. Same word, so whatever. As soon as I thought of "curse" I thought "God" because I don't want to curse his name. That's a big thing with me. Plus, just stuff that runs through my mind. I had to come to God and tell Him that the thought wasn't something I was trying to think (He knows this, I just come to him because I need comfort when my mind seems too fast for myself). I immediately thought of the bible verse:

Corinthians-1 12:3

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. (KJV)

The accursed part came to mind. Don't want to be that person. Then I felt like I was calling God accursed or I was getting nervous it was going to come to mind. Then all of a sudden this website came to my mind and it was coming to my mind a post labeled what just came to my mind "curse" and "God" together. I felt like those two words were just running through my head repeatedly. I don't want to put them in a phrase. I literally could see the words in my head as a title on a post on this website. It was just so fast. I went to the Lord over this. Remember me in prayer.

It's just something stupid like this in my mind 24/7 it seems like. I have been dealing with this for 8 years now. It's very difficult. All over the kick stand on a cell phone...

Upvote 0