• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Blasphemous thoughts about the Holy Spirit

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not trying to be repetitive around here but it just seems that my mind constantly wants to think Blasphemous thoughts against the spirit does it sends me into traumatic derealisation as if I'm living out of my body lately the feelings have been too intense it is beyond anything yes I pray I tried to seek God. When I listen to worship music or think on the Bible I had this feeling that convinces me I hate that stuff it disgust me I really want to curse God I love cursing his Spirit that's what my feelings say in their warping my emotions and I know none of the thoughts I mean but yet at the same time why does it feel like I enjoy thinking the thoughts is this OCD I mean literally non-stop it's like my mind enjoys cursing the Holy Spirit I can't stop it it's as if I deliberately and willfully think these thoughts I know they're not me I know I did not put them in there I don't understand could my flesh be involved is this OCD I know about intrusive thoughts but I'm beyond that these are constant it's as if I want to thank them maybe out of habit and it's literally making me going insane

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I feel like my identity has been stolen my thoughts have warped my emotions I feel not like myself I feel like some Demon I don't know anymore I do not feel like myself I feel like my mind is being controlled by some force of evil

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not trying to be repetitive around here but it just seems that my mind constantly wants to think Blasphemous thoughts against the spirit does it sends me into traumatic derealisation as if I'm living out of my body lately the feelings have been too intense it is beyond anything yes I pray I tried to seek God. When I listen to worship music or think on the Bible I had this feeling that convinces me I hate that stuff it disgust me I really want to curse God I love cursing his Spirit that's what my feelings say in their warping my emotions and I know none of the thoughts I mean but yet at the same time why does it feel like I enjoy thinking the thoughts is this OCD I mean literally non-stop it's like my mind enjoys cursing the Holy Spirit I can't stop it it's as if I deliberately and willfully think these thoughts I know they're not me I know I did not put them in there I don't understand could my flesh be involved is this OCD I know about intrusive thoughts but I'm beyond that these are constant it's as if I want to thank them maybe out of habit and it's literally making me going insane
I think OCD often tries to convince us that our intrusive thoughts are really from us, and that we really want them. It sounds like your OCD is REALLY smart! You must have a very creative and associative mind. I can't remember if I've shared this article with you before, but this is what Dr. Phillipson has to say about creative associations in people with OCD: Living with Intrusive Thoughts | Made of Millions Foundation. How can you work on continuing to treat this as OCD?

Upvote 0

Jessd77

Aug 17, 2021
Seattle
✟8,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Zach-
I was tormented with blasphemous thoughts too. One day they just came into my mind and it scared me so bad. I could barely sleep, couldn’t function fully- I was tormented. A verse came to me which was about how a messenger from Satan was sent to torture me, and the Lord said my grace is sufficient, for my power works perfect in weakness. Remember this okay, Satan attacks people in their own weaknesses. For some people that’s money, for some it’s lust, and for some it’s OCD or a weak/sensitive mind. I have always struggled with OCD, anxiety, etc. my whole life. So these thoughts killed me and he knew they would- if he tried this trick on my friends who have no anxiety they wouldn’t have cared at all. This is why you are suffering- you have to switch your view on God. Do you really think, God doesn’t know that these thoughts are torturing you? Of course he does- maybe he is waiting for you to remember he is good and loves you and to ask for help. When you view God as bad or are angry with him, nothing really happens in my opinion. You may continue to suffer from these thoughts (I do) but I just want you to know that you don’t have to be scared that they’re your own thoughts. You’ve been attacked in the weakest part of yourself. Don’t suffer twice. You’ve suffered enough- let your faith heal you now.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Zach-
I was tormented with blasphemous thoughts too. One day they just came into my mind and it scared me so bad. I could barely sleep, couldn’t function fully- I was tormented. A verse came to me which was about how a messenger from Satan was sent to torture me, and the Lord said my grace is sufficient, for my power works perfect in weakness. Remember this okay, Satan attacks people in their own weaknesses. For some people that’s money, for some it’s lust, and for some it’s OCD or a weak/sensitive mind. I have always struggled with OCD, anxiety, etc. my whole life. So these thoughts killed me and he knew they would- if he tried this trick on my friends who have no anxiety they wouldn’t have cared at all. This is why you are suffering- you have to switch your view on God. Do you really think, God doesn’t know that these thoughts are torturing you? Of course he does- maybe he is waiting for you to remember he is good and loves you and to ask for help. When you view God as bad or are angry with him, nothing really happens in my opinion. You may continue to suffer from these thoughts (I do) but I just want you to know that you don’t have to be scared that they’re your own thoughts. You’ve been attacked in the weakest part of yourself. Don’t suffer twice. You’ve suffered enough- let your faith heal you now.
It just seems I'm at the point now that when the thoughts come I obviously just tried to ignore them as background noise but yet it still produces this anxiety it's a weird feeling as if I'm floating in outer space and there is no eternity all my colors began to be very dark my blood turns cold I feel like I'm going to go and stay although I've been to the feeling countless times every time it feels like it's the one that's going to kill me of course it's in that that my mind begins to even curse things of God I don't know why when the anxiety comes after the thoughts......... my feelings have even been affected meaning I can't feel properly when the thoughts come it's almost as if I don't feel bad about them anymore it's almost like when they're not there I deliberately began to want them or think them I can't stop I don't understand it. Is it safe to say that because there is anxiety when the thoughts and compulsions come that that is proof my heart does not really agree with the thought......... could it be that the high level of anxiety that comes when I feel like I want these thoughts is proof that its not really me.........for if I truly thought and felt that way from the heart I would live and be happy in the world! Right!?

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think OCD often tries to convince us that our intrusive thoughts are really from us, and that we really want them. It sounds like your OCD is REALLY smart! You must have a very creative and associative mind. I can't remember if I've shared this article with you before, but this is what Dr. Phillipson has to say about creative associations in people with OCD: Living with Intrusive Thoughts | Made of Millions Foundation. How can you work on continuing to treat this as OCD?
I think after seven years of the same intrusive thoughts they have become a habit in the mind to think them almost deliberately just a while ago I woke up and as usual the first thing my mind wants to think is curse words against the spirit of course it feels like I almost enjoy them or some Evil part of me once then when this happens it sends my body into a complete panic mode depersonalization is I would call it it's the most weird sadistic feeling it's as if I'm floating and outer space and there's no eternity it's like I'm deliberately engaging in these thoughts at all so my feelings tell me that I love them it's the most weirdest thing now I wished I could go back 7 years......... these thoughts have become like a part of me I never could get them to go. Constantly feeling like you're going insane on a level that is beyond even describing is horrible. I have lost who I am I feel estranged from myself as if I'm living out of my body constantly serving God is just difficult as my mind fight to me continuously....... it has me convinced I will be as King Saul and lose my mind it's horrible indeed...... let me ask you this one question indeed if in fact these were thoughts that were truly coming from my heart as obviously my mind tries to convince me of that there would be no fear there would be nothing I would live my life and be happy right? But proof that these thoughts really do not originate from me and my heart is the fact that they caused this crazy anxiety they caused me to almost blackout or me to fear that my heart is going to give out because I have blasphemed and now I'm going to die and go to hell.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think after seven years of the same intrusive thoughts they have become a habit in the mind to think them almost deliberately just a while ago I woke up and as usual the first thing my mind wants to think is curse words against the spirit of course it feels like I almost enjoy them or some Evil part of me once then when this happens it sends my body into a complete panic mode depersonalization is I would call it it's the most weird sadistic feeling it's as if I'm floating and outer space and there's no eternity it's like I'm deliberately engaging in these thoughts at all so my feelings tell me that I love them it's the most weirdest thing now I wished I could go back 7 years......... these thoughts have become like a part of me I never could get them to go. Constantly feeling like you're going insane on a level that is beyond even describing is horrible. I have lost who I am I feel estranged from myself as if I'm living out of my body constantly serving God is just difficult as my mind fight to me continuously....... it has me convinced I will be as King Saul and lose my mind it's horrible indeed...... let me ask you this one question indeed if in fact these were thoughts that were truly coming from my heart as obviously my mind tries to convince me of that there would be no fear there would be nothing I would live my life and be happy right? But proof that these thoughts really do not originate from me and my heart is the fact that they caused this crazy anxiety they caused me to almost blackout or me to fear that my heart is going to give out because I have blasphemed and now I'm going to die and go to hell.
Yes, I think that your reaction to the thoughts shows you don't want them. BUT a word of caution: OCD is SO smart (and it sounds like yours is really, really smart to torment you like this), that sometimes it actually makes you feel NOT anxious about the thoughts, and then tries to convince you that because you're not anxious, you must want the thoughts. Dr. Phillipson calls this anxiety about not being anxious a "back-door spike." So it's another trick of OCD to be aware of. OCD will basically do whatever it can to convince you that you are what you're terribly afraid of being, but as always, the goal is to ignore what it's telling you and focus on your actions, living your life the way you feel you should despite what lies the OCD is screaming at you.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I think that your reaction to the thoughts shows you don't want them. BUT a word of caution: OCD is SO smart (and it sounds like yours is really, really smart to torment you like this), that sometimes it actually makes you feel NOT anxious about the thoughts, and then tries to convince you that because you're not anxious, you must want the thoughts. Dr. Phillipson calls this anxiety about not being anxious a "back-door spike." So it's another trick of OCD to be aware of. OCD will basically do whatever it can to convince you that you are what you're terribly afraid of being, but as always, the goal is to ignore what it's telling you and focus on your actions, living your life the way you feel you should despite what lies the OCD is screaming at you.
Thank you for your reply it is most appreciated. I feel like where I'm at now is that the thoughts have become automatic I guess you could say a habit. It's as if if they're not in my head I begin to think them deliberately. And of course I feel like I want them there. Now could I go out in public and Proclaim these thoughts to other people could I deliberately and willfully curse the Holy Spirit two other people absolutely not the thought kills me!!! I cherish and deeply loved the Lord Jesus Christ my savior who saved me in 2009. But at the same time these thoughts it's as if my mind desires these thoughts sometimes I feel like a madman when they come they bring a melancholy/ numb Spirit over me. They can bring the up most intense anxiety almost as if you have jumped out of your body. At this point having done Erp and everything along with that it's as if my mind has become addicted to these thoughts and my emotions have even been affected I guess ocde can trick your emotions as well meaning that when the thoughts come it's almost as if you Delight in them whereas the emotion you should have is one of disgust and absolute horrific Miss but it yet when they come your emotion is one almost delightfulness of wantonness which then sends you into anxiety even more. When trying to pray and read Weatherby OCD or a spiritual attack it tells you that you really don't want to pray you really want to think Blasphemous thoughts it's as if no matter what you do you can't escape them it's like your flesh once them again I have tried Erp I have let the thoughts just deliberately come and even at that it's as if they want to come with more intensity I hate having a thought but I also hate having a thought and feeling like I delighted in having that thought and I'm talkin about thoughts against the spirit that are so bizarre and disgusting and nasty I won't even begin to tell you. Again all this started when I was at a point in my walk with the Lord I was so on fire I was so on top of the world spiritually I desired the Lord more than my next breath and then out of nowhere this attack came so heavily

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your reply it is most appreciated. I feel like where I'm at now is that the thoughts have become automatic I guess you could say a habit. It's as if if they're not in my head I begin to think them deliberately. And of course I feel like I want them there. Now could I go out in public and Proclaim these thoughts to other people could I deliberately and willfully curse the Holy Spirit two other people absolutely not the thought kills me!!! I cherish and deeply loved the Lord Jesus Christ my savior who saved me in 2009. But at the same time these thoughts it's as if my mind desires these thoughts sometimes I feel like a madman when they come they bring a melancholy/ numb Spirit over me. They can bring the up most intense anxiety almost as if you have jumped out of your body. At this point having done Erp and everything along with that it's as if my mind has become addicted to these thoughts and my emotions have even been affected I guess ocde can trick your emotions as well meaning that when the thoughts come it's almost as if you Delight in them whereas the emotion you should have is one of disgust and absolute horrific Miss but it yet when they come your emotion is one almost delightfulness of wantonness which then sends you into anxiety even more. When trying to pray and read Weatherby OCD or a spiritual attack it tells you that you really don't want to pray you really want to think Blasphemous thoughts it's as if no matter what you do you can't escape them it's like your flesh once them again I have tried Erp I have let the thoughts just deliberately come and even at that it's as if they want to come with more intensity I hate having a thought but I also hate having a thought and feeling like I delighted in having that thought and I'm talkin about thoughts against the spirit that are so bizarre and disgusting and nasty I won't even begin to tell you. Again all this started when I was at a point in my walk with the Lord I was so on fire I was so on top of the world spiritually I desired the Lord more than my next breath and then out of nowhere this attack came so heavily
So it sounds like your OCD is trying to bother you by making you upset that these thoughts are now a habit. Thankfully, whether they are a habit or not does not affect your choice to ignore the thoughts and keep moving on with your life. These thoughts may come to us, but we can still choose to practice our Christian disciplines, talk to God, love others, and do productive things with our lives. OCD likes to make us think it has control, but it cannot control our choices! :)

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So it sounds like your OCD is trying to bother you by making you upset that these thoughts are now a habit. Thankfully, whether they are a habit or not does not affect your choice to ignore the thoughts and keep moving on with your life. These thoughts may come to us, but we can still choose to practice our Christian disciplines, talk to God, love others, and do productive things with our lives. OCD likes to make us think it has control, but it cannot control our choices! :)

Amen thank you sister! Question?.........can ocd develop turrets in you........kinda like making you constantly feel like you want to blaspheme the Holy Spirit thus you feel like the thoughts want to push out of mouth againts your will...........of course I have not the slightest desire to blasheme anything holy but yet my desire is to serve the Lord!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jessd77

Aug 17, 2021
Seattle
✟8,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It just seems I'm at the point now that when the thoughts come I obviously just tried to ignore them as background noise but yet it still produces this anxiety it's a weird feeling as if I'm floating in outer space and there is no eternity all my colors began to be very dark my blood turns cold I feel like I'm going to go and stay although I've been to the feeling countless times every time it feels like it's the one that's going to kill me of course it's in that that my mind begins to even curse things of God I don't know why when the anxiety comes after the thoughts......... my feelings have even been affected meaning I can't feel properly when the thoughts come it's almost as if I don't feel bad about them anymore it's almost like when they're not there I deliberately began to want them or think them I can't stop I don't understand it. Is it safe to say that because there is anxiety when the thoughts and compulsions come that that is proof my heart does not really agree with the thought......... could it be that the high level of anxiety that comes when I feel like I want these thoughts is proof that its not really me.........for if I truly thought and felt that way from the heart I would live and be happy in the world! Right!?

Hey Zach,
You have to trust me on this please.
I have heard so many people’s testimonies on this same thing. They said God eventually delivered them from these thoughts (however, the thoughts still came back- they just now knew that the thoughts no longer had power over them so they did not let the thoughts control them like before)
I know this all doesn’t make sense. I can’t tell you the sick blasphemous thoughts that tormented my mind for years. I was scared to death and sure I was on my way to hell. I even started going numb because the anxiety of the thoughts started to fry my brain I believe. The more you tell yourself not to think something the more you’re gonna obsess over it. I still get these thoughts but now when they come I just say something like “nope I rebuke that thought” “I rebuke that and love god” I just don’t give it the same power as before. Because before I would think OH NO!! God is now angry at me and he thinks I believe that thought I’m going to hell!
And I had to remember who God is. God knows our struggles, our minds, he knows the amount of hairs on our head. Do you think he doesn’t realize you have OCD and will suffer through this? God knew this before you were even saved- he knew every decision you’d make and every thought you’d think and he STILL chose you and saved you. Also, when you’re idle a lot (like I am) it is the devils playground. So expect thoughts to come in like waves during idleness. Try to go do more stuff despite how you feel and be obedient to God despite all this. Your faith will heal you. You have to have faith and you just have to know that God sees you suffering and wants you to fully trust him in this. Don’t be angry at God or view him as bad. You have to remember he’s good and I believe healing will come through that kind of faith and hope. I promise you Zach you will get better. I allowed these thoughts to ruin my life and mess up a lot- and it was all silly and I now realize that God was with me the whole time and was never angry at me over those thoughts. Even if an evil terrible thought comes into your mind about God just think nope.. I rebuke you silly thought I don’t believe that. And move on. Keep moving forward. Time for you to get off this mountain, you’ve been here long enough. Get up and walk towards Jesus so you can be healed.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Zach,
You have to trust me on this please.
I have heard so many people’s testimonies on this same thing. They said God eventually delivered them from these thoughts (however, the thoughts still came back- they just now knew that the thoughts no longer had power over them so they did not let the thoughts control them like before)
I know this all doesn’t make sense. I can’t tell you the sick blasphemous thoughts that tormented my mind for years. I was scared to death and sure I was on my way to hell. I even started going numb because the anxiety of the thoughts started to fry my brain I believe. The more you tell yourself not to think something the more you’re gonna obsess over it. I still get these thoughts but now when they come I just say something like “nope I rebuke that thought” “I rebuke that and love god” I just don’t give it the same power as before. Because before I would think OH NO!! God is now angry at me and he thinks I believe that thought I’m going to hell!
And I had to remember who God is. God knows our struggles, our minds, he knows the amount of hairs on our head. Do you think he doesn’t realize you have OCD and will suffer through this? God knew this before you were even saved- he knew every decision you’d make and every thought you’d think and he STILL chose you and saved you. Also, when you’re idle a lot (like I am) it is the devils playground. So expect thoughts to come in like waves during idleness. Try to go do more stuff despite how you feel and be obedient to God despite all this. Your faith will heal you. You have to have faith and you just have to know that God sees you suffering and wants you to fully trust him in this. Don’t be angry at God or view him as bad. You have to remember he’s good and I believe healing will come through that kind of faith and hope. I promise you Zach you will get better. I allowed these thoughts to ruin my life and mess up a lot- and it was all silly and I now realize that God was with me the whole time and was never angry at me over those thoughts. Even if an evil terrible thought comes into your mind about God just think nope.. I rebuke you silly thought I don’t believe that. And move on. Keep moving forward. Time for you to get off this mountain, you’ve been here long enough. Get up and walk towards Jesus so you can be healed.
I really appreciate the reply. I was saved in 2009 gloriously by the grace of God God called me to be a preacher of the Gospel. In 2013 I went through a battle unlike any other with Blasphemous thoughts. Although I have had the whole unpardonable since care when I got saved for obvious reasons the devil wanted me to fear that I had sealed my Doom in a few months I was over that fear grew in Grace and love and fear of the Lord read my Bible through all the way begin to deeply study and deeply pray and Worship the Lord with every fiber of my being. But since 2013 the more I tried not to think the more I thought the most despicable ungodly phrases most of them in first person I can't stay mostly the spirit of the Lord it came to the point I almost couldn't read the Bible or pray I would go crazy punch my head punch the air throw chairs around thought I was going psychotic. Eventually panic attacks came back deep anxiety Then Came depersonalization and D realization which caused me to think that I had already died the feeling was beyond he was absolutely despicable. I came to a point the where I was dealing with obsessive speech compulsions that were driving me insane constantly having urges to speak my thoughts out loud at times having done just that but then canceling it out which then drove me even more crazier I started to change I felt like in mind and on the inside. But yes things are getting better and will continue to get better I let this stupid battle ruined seven years of my life I'll be it I continue to preach and to pray but I allowed it to mess up a lot of my days caused it to make me miss out on a lot of praying and reading time I'm sick of it like you said it's faith the last. Of this has been feelings of blasphemy with constantly having the urge to blaspheme out loud when I say I feel it I feel with the devil feels it kills me I could just think on the Spirit and my brain tries to convince me I hate the Holy Spirit that's sending the wrong emotions over me me anf it makes me feel as if my brain is Warped I began to go crazy insane but yet I know that God is with me I love the Lord......... sorry this is long but I will cut to the point I allowed the stupid thoughts to take over my life yes it's true try not to think of a yellow alligator or you're going to hell well that's all you think about day and night. I'm done letting this take over my life it's called great anxiety it's crippled me it's cause severe depression and for what it's absolutely crazy I want my life back and I'm getting it back in the name of Jesus. If you don't mind me asking how long did you deal with your struggles of Blasphemous thoughts

Upvote 0

Jessd77

Aug 17, 2021
Seattle
✟8,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really appreciate the reply. I was saved in 2009 gloriously by the grace of God God called me to be a preacher of the Gospel. In 2013 I went through a battle unlike any other with Blasphemous thoughts. Although I have had the whole unpardonable since care when I got saved for obvious reasons the devil wanted me to fear that I had sealed my Doom in a few months I was over that fear grew in Grace and love and fear of the Lord read my Bible through all the way begin to deeply study and deeply pray and Worship the Lord with every fiber of my being. But since 2013 the more I tried not to think the more I thought the most despicable ungodly phrases most of them in first person I can't stay mostly the spirit of the Lord it came to the point I almost couldn't read the Bible or pray I would go crazy punch my head punch the air throw chairs around thought I was going psychotic. Eventually panic attacks came back deep anxiety Then Came depersonalization and D realization which caused me to think that I had already died the feeling was beyond he was absolutely despicable. I came to a point the where I was dealing with obsessive speech compulsions that were driving me insane constantly having urges to speak my thoughts out loud at times having done just that but then canceling it out which then drove me even more crazier I started to change I felt like in mind and on the inside. But yes things are getting better and will continue to get better I let this stupid battle ruined seven years of my life I'll be it I continue to preach and to pray but I allowed it to mess up a lot of my days caused it to make me miss out on a lot of praying and reading time I'm sick of it like you said it's faith the last. Of this has been feelings of blasphemy with constantly having the urge to blaspheme out loud when I say I feel it I feel with the devil feels it kills me I could just think on the Spirit and my brain tries to convince me I hate the Holy Spirit that's sending the wrong emotions over me me anf it makes me feel as if my brain is Warped I began to go crazy insane but yet I know that God is with me I love the Lord......... sorry this is long but I will cut to the point I allowed the stupid thoughts to take over my life yes it's true try not to think of a yellow alligator or you're going to hell well that's all you think about day and night. I'm done letting this take over my life it's called great anxiety it's crippled me it's cause severe depression and for what it's absolutely crazy I want my life back and I'm getting it back in the name of Jesus. If you don't mind me asking how long did you deal with your struggles of Blasphemous thoughts

Oh Zach...
You have suffered from this long enough okay?
I know you are being tormented by this. The mind is a scary place to be trapped in and you’ve been in a prison in your own mind for a long time. Once I stopped giving the blasphemous thoughts power, things started getting better.
I remember one night I decided to read through Mark and write down verses that I liked. This was during a time that I was too scared to read the Bible, too scared of my thoughts and the unforgivable sin, and in deep fear of God. I read through Mark, and I came across the verse about the unforgivable sin. This verse has destroyed my life. Anytime I read this verse, fear would wash over me and ruin my day, week, month, etc. all it took was for me to read that verse. I read the verse in Mark and yes, fear washed over me yet again. however, I just sat there, staring at the verse shaking me head. I said out loud- no. Not anymore. This fear has taken enough of me- I will not allow you to take any more. And I kept reading. The next verse I read was “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
Jesus’s sweet words to his friends. I smiled and thought about how if I had just closed my Bible and let that fear ruin me- I would have never seen the next verse that I felt was Jesus speaking to me in that moment. Why are you afraid? Don’t be afraid! Just have faith! Jesus always said sweet things like that when his friends were scared and full of fear. I imagine God saying that to you now- when we are full of fear and worry- we can’t hear God very well. Because we hear God best when we’re still sometimes. When we allow our worries and fears to fill our minds and control every part of us, Gods voice gets lost in the sea of worry.
Remember something, worry and torment are not from God.
I think the next step for you is realizing that the fear is a lie. This fear that has convinced you you’ve done some sort of terrible sin in your mind that God won’t forgive, or that your thoughts are your own, has to be stopped. Listen to these songs: Fear is a liar. Voice of truth. Blessed be your name.
Fear is a liar. And if fear can keep you convinced that you are past Gods forgiveness or that your mind is too messed up to be fixed, then it’s happy. Because that keeps you paralyzed and unable to carry out Gods will. The enemy attacks Christians because if he can keep them scared or in constant worry- they will be useless and paralyzed in fear. You MUST not realize that this was all a lie to prevent you from living in freedom. Okay? You are not your thoughts! And your thoughts are not the truth!
Be free! Once you realize that these thoughts will never take you out of Jesus’s hands they will have less and less control over you. It won’t be an instant fix. These thoughts will come back too- but you’ll know that they have no power over you. God is bigger than this you have to believe that. I have seen so many people give their testimony and talk about the stuff you’re going through. They still struggle but it no longer controls their life because they realize it has no power anymore and it was all a lie.
I still struggle with these thoughts and fear but I try to remember that they don’t have power over me. They ruined years of my life. The blasphemous intrusive thoughts ruined so much. I couldn’t sleep I was so terrified of my mind and I lived in constant fear and panic. That time in my life was worse and lasted longer than it should have because I convinced myself that God had forsaken me and that he couldn’t heal me. So I just suffered through it and worried about hell and all these lies.
I created this whole lie in my head and was prisoner to my thoughts.
What helps me is just listening to positive things and not being idle. When you’re idle the devil is likely to invade the mind. So being idle for long period of time generally isn’t good.
You will overcome this. I know you will okay?
Also, Have you ever seen a psychiatrist or therapist? I’m wondering if you could see a Christian psychiatrist who could help as well.

Upvote 0

Jessd77

Aug 17, 2021
Seattle
✟8,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Also, listen to Dare you to move switchfoot. Forgiveness was right where you fell Zach.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh Zach...
You have suffered from this long enough okay?
I know you are being tormented by this. The mind is a scary place to be trapped in and you’ve been in a prison in your own mind for a long time. Once I stopped giving the blasphemous thoughts power, things started getting better.
I remember one night I decided to read through Mark and write down verses that I liked. This was during a time that I was too scared to read the Bible, too scared of my thoughts and the unforgivable sin, and in deep fear of God. I read through Mark, and I came across the verse about the unforgivable sin. This verse has destroyed my life. Anytime I read this verse, fear would wash over me and ruin my day, week, month, etc. all it took was for me to read that verse. I read the verse in Mark and yes, fear washed over me yet again. however, I just sat there, staring at the verse shaking me head. I said out loud- no. Not anymore. This fear has taken enough of me- I will not allow you to take any more. And I kept reading. The next verse I read was “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
Jesus’s sweet words to his friends. I smiled and thought about how if I had just closed my Bible and let that fear ruin me- I would have never seen the next verse that I felt was Jesus speaking to me in that moment. Why are you afraid? Don’t be afraid! Just have faith! Jesus always said sweet things like that when his friends were scared and full of fear. I imagine God saying that to you now- when we are full of fear and worry- we can’t hear God very well. Because we hear God best when we’re still sometimes. When we allow our worries and fears to fill our minds and control every part of us, Gods voice gets lost in the sea of worry.
Remember something, worry and torment are not from God.
I think the next step for you is realizing that the fear is a lie. This fear that has convinced you you’ve done some sort of terrible sin in your mind that God won’t forgive, or that your thoughts are your own, has to be stopped. Listen to these songs: Fear is a liar. Voice of truth. Blessed be your name.
Fear is a liar. And if fear can keep you convinced that you are past Gods forgiveness or that your mind is too messed up to be fixed, then it’s happy. Because that keeps you paralyzed and unable to carry out Gods will. The enemy attacks Christians because if he can keep them scared or in constant worry- they will be useless and paralyzed in fear. You MUST not realize that this was all a lie to prevent you from living in freedom. Okay? You are not your thoughts! And your thoughts are not the truth!
Be free! Once you realize that these thoughts will never take you out of Jesus’s hands they will have less and less control over you. It won’t be an instant fix. These thoughts will come back too- but you’ll know that they have no power over you. God is bigger than this you have to believe that. I have seen so many people give their testimony and talk about the stuff you’re going through. They still struggle but it no longer controls their life because they realize it has no power anymore and it was all a lie.
I still struggle with these thoughts and fear but I try to remember that they don’t have power over me. They ruined years of my life. The blasphemous intrusive thoughts ruined so much. I couldn’t sleep I was so terrified of my mind and I lived in constant fear and panic. That time in my life was worse and lasted longer than it should have because I convinced myself that God had forsaken me and that he couldn’t heal me. So I just suffered through it and worried about hell and all these lies.
I created this whole lie in my head and was prisoner to my thoughts.
What helps me is just listening to positive things and not being idle. When you’re idle the devil is likely to invade the mind. So being idle for long period of time generally isn’t good.
You will overcome this. I know you will okay?
Also, Have you ever seen a psychiatrist or therapist? I’m wondering if you could see a Christian psychiatrist who could help as well.
Everyone talks about intrusive thoughts..........but I am way past that.......those blasphemous thoughts againts the Spirit, after awile became 24/7........proceeding that they became a habbit 24/7..........if I read anything pertaining to the power of God I heard and felt the most despicable blasphemy..........try to fight it only made it worse till finally it consumed my whole being.........I felt possessed along with a host of other demonic feelings! Thoughts are one thing but the feelings which were so beyond demonic made me feel numb and mentally insane! I began to fill constantly that the world around me was totally foreign to me even friends and family seems so bizarre and foreign also reading and train as hard as it was I continued to fight the good fight........ at any moment I felt like I was going insane! I saw nothing but visions of Hell at times I felt like I could feel the flames of fire getting ready to take a blasphemer to hell! Just say I was scared or terrified is beyond words.......... the point I'm at now is I'm just fighting the good fight of faith I pray and read all those sometimes the feeling is so bizarre it causes bodily pain headaches and what not. Again intrusive thoughts are not really my issue it's intrusive speech urges constantly being pressure to speak into say the most ungodly of things even while reading and praying and preaching............. again thank you so much for your reply and you're concerned it is much appreciated again if I may ask how long have you dealt with your battle

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jessd77

Aug 17, 2021
Seattle
✟8,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everyone talks about intrusive thoughts..........but I am way past that.......those blasphemous thoughts againts the Spirit, after awile became 24/7........proceeding that they became a habbit 24/7..........if I read anything pertaining to the power of God I heard and felt the most despicable blasphemy..........try to fight it only made it worse till finally it consumed my whole being.........I felt possessed along with a host of other demonic feelings! Thoughts are one thing but the feelings which were so beyond demonic made me feel numb and mentally insane! I began to fill constantly that the world around me was totally foreign to me even friends and family seems so bizarre and foreign also reading and train as hard as it was I continued to fight the good fight........ at any moment I felt like I was going insane! I saw nothing but visions of Hell at times I felt like I could feel the flames of fire getting ready to take a blasphemer to hell! Just say I was scared or terrified is beyond words.......... the point I'm at now is I'm just fighting the good fight of faith I pray and read all those sometimes the feeling is so bizarre it causes bodily pain headaches and what not. Again intrusive thoughts are not really my issue it's intrusive speech urges constantly being pressure to speak into say the most ungodly of things even while reading and praying and preaching............. again thank you so much for your reply and you're concerned it is much appreciated again if I may ask how long have you dealt with your battle

Zach when did this all start?
when did this whole terrible battle first begin-? can you explain what happened that started this all?
I have been fighting with OCD and severe anxiety my whole life. (I’m 23 now) but the blasphemous thoughts came when I was rededicating my life to God over a year ago

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Zach when did this all start?
when did this whole terrible battle first begin-? can you explain what happened that started this all?
I have been fighting with OCD and severe anxiety my whole life. (I’m 23 now) but the blasphemous thoughts came when I was rededicating my life to God over a year ago
Was raised in church my whole life..........Dedicated my heart to the Lord at least twice only with both those times to last about 2 or 3 days than I fe back into the world.........fastford to 2009 I started having severe panic attacks for the first time.............. so severe in fact my wife became something I no longer wanted to live anymore I found myself at the bottom of the pit and even then God was stared and it cost me what I thought were friends but it did not matter to me because I gained everything when I accepted Christ.......... I had never experienced such joy and peace I never look that I picked up the Bible and begin to read starting in back I knew then immediately that God called me to be a preacher. But when I got to the 12th chapter of Matthew a blacksmith all my life I was absolutely terrified I spent what I would call but in fear that I had committed the unpardonable see it eventually that fear totally left and was replaced with the love and mercy and grace of God.......... the enemy would allways try to scare with the unpardonable sin by implantingvike thoughts in my mind in first person........ anyways I grew in Christ and was preaching the gospel......... fast forward to 2013 I was at a point where I was literally consume every waking moment with Jesus Christ he was my friend he was by everything I spent every waking moment praying reading and fasting..........out of nowhere i was asulted with blasphemous thoughts again only this time they came with a degree of fearcness that knocked me on the floor..........that started my hell.......they were not like the thoughts I had before they were crazy bizarre and weird...............it was one of those things where you try not to think of a yellow alligator and it's all you can think about I became obsessed I wished I could go back in the beginning and fight it differently..........I began to do compulsions that got so out of hand I thought I was possessed......... and now here I am as you have read my story............ it's as if the devil puts his feelings on me it's as if I can no longer feel rationally bouts of one thing the feeling you can feel plastic. Just thank you play it's got to be crazy because I knew I love God don't deal with crazy of course I've never turn from God and I never will but I had that the enemy's strongly and put stealing the craziness over at times my mind felt like it was reprobate

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jessd77

Aug 17, 2021
Seattle
✟8,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was raised in church my whole life..........Dedicated my heart to the Lord at least twice only with both those times to last about 2 or 3 days than I fe back into the world.........fastford to 2009 I started having severe panic attacks for the first time.............. so severe in fact my wife became something I no longer wanted to live anymore I found myself at the bottom of the pit and even then God was stared and it cost me what I thought were friends but it did not matter to me because I gained everything when I accepted Christ.......... I had never experienced such joy and peace I never look that I picked up the Bible and begin to read starting in back I knew then immediately that God called me to be a preacher. But when I got to the 12th chapter of Matthew a blacksmith all my life I was absolutely terrified I spent what I would call but in fear that I had committed the unpardonable see it eventually that fear totally left and was replaced with the love and mercy and grace of God.......... the enemy would allways try to scare with the unpardonable sin by implantingvike thoughts in my mind in first person........ anyways I grew in Christ and was preaching the gospel......... fast forward to 2013 I was at a point where I was literally consume every waking moment with Jesus Christ he was my friend he was by everything I spent every waking moment praying reading and fasting..........out of nowhere i was asulted with blasphemous thoughts again only this time they came with a degree of fearcness that knocked me on the floor..........that started my hell.......they were not like the thoughts I had before they were crazy bizarre and weird...............it was one of those things where you try not to think of a yellow alligator and it's all you can think about I became obsessed I wished I could go back in the beginning and fight it differently..........I began to do compulsions that got so out of hand I thought I was possessed......... and now here I am as you have read my story............ it's as if the devil puts his feelings on me it's as if I can no longer feel rationally bouts of one thing the feeling you can feel plastic. Just thank you play it's got to be crazy because I knew I love God don't deal with crazy of course I've never turn from God and I never will but I had that the enemy's strongly and put stealing the craziness over at times my mind felt like it was reprobate

That sounds terrible...
I’m sorry about all the suffering you’re going through I really am. I know you will get free of this with God

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2021
Adelaide
✟15,928.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zachariah, do you know what your name means? "Remembered by God"

This is addressed to others, too, and I may or may not check in again from time to time. All I have to share is important.

I have experienced all of this, the thoughts, the feelings that even manifested physically. I once thought I could feel the flames on my skin, because it surely meant I was going to hell. All of what you all share, been there, done that..hell on Earth.

I have no access to a psychologist or other mental health professional. I am now *glad for that*. Maybe that is not you - no judgment. But I know this terrible problem.

Guys....sorry, the first thoughts that come to my mind, "you foolish Galatians".

You cannot fix this. Neither can a human being. The internet cannot fix it. I used to scour the internet looking for people with my problem and trying to imitate what they did. I found counsellors (just like you are doing with your posts here), just trying to write it out and hoping for some magic solution to save me from the torment. When it was bad, I would email people and have long exchanges. All in vain. There was a bit of a payoff in that I thought that it would be helpful or take some of the edge off and occasionally someone may provide a scripture or whatnot and it would make me feel better, for maybe a day or two, until it came back again.

The rituals - I would try to pray it away (never worked), when I had a bad thought or I felt one coming, I would use repetitive phrasing to try to get it away.

Prayers would make it worse. Any mention of the Holy Spirit (I still feel bad about it) would make it worse.

Look, all of this. I am very acquainted. I understand.

And yet, this isn't about whether I understand or we understand each other. This is about your true Salvation. *You* have to go to Jesus. He already knows about it. You have to come to Him like a little child again. You have to decide to stop trying to fix it. You have to choose to have faith even while the feelings rage. Hope against hope. Lay hold on Jesus Christ.

Am I promising this will go away overnight? It might. It didn't work that way for me. But I did choose to cling to certain scriptures. I would pray regular prayers and the bad thoughts would come and, one time, I just started going through the litany in my head "noIdon'tnoIdont" on-and-on and then begging Him to please fix it over and over again like I would do. And then one day, in my prayer, in my heart or mind or spirit, He said that once was enough and had me be quiet because "anything more comes from the evil one". That was a huge breakthrough for me. That is when I started getting better.

Do not try to fight this. If you do in your own strength, you will fail. See, this isn't about you doing everything on your own, but sometimes you have to sit and rest and just trust quietly like a little child.

The way this works out in practice - and it works for feelings and thoughts - is that a negative thought or emotion comes (even a very intense one, the intensity is irrelevant and I know how counterintuitive it is to say that, but it is true so I'll say it again - *the intensity of the emotion is irrelevant*), so a negative thought or feeling comes and you just respond with a scripture or just a negation. And then, you affirm where you stand in the faith, and that is all you need to do, even if it does still chatter at you. Quoting scripture back out loud is very effective, and yes, while you are doing it, you might have thoughts of "this is pathetic and weak". That is the enemy. It is not about how strong *you* are.

I want you guys to ask the Lord this for yourselves, but after I knew that I didn't have to fight every single flood of emotion or bad thought, especially after I had already affirmed that my faith is in Jesus and I do not have to continue to dwell on it compulsively, it started to go away.

And I had it pretty bad.

I know it is so hard to do when you are in the throes of it. It may be one of the most difficult things you ever have to do. But you have to do it. Stop trying so hard. And, you can do what you want, but my suggestion also is not to identify yourself as being "mentally ill", "OCD", "anxious" or whatever other psychological label. For me, it just fed into it.

The things that used to trigger me don't anymore. I used to be afraid of certain scriptures, too. He once showed me while I was praying over these things that I am not alone because He will help me. Now, some of the same scriptures that used to scare me, the Lord has given me understandings that I would never have received if I gave in to the fear and never read them again. I cried in gratitude the first time that happened.

Guys, I know how terrible this is. I do suspect it is kind of a taste of hell, the torment - I couldn't function sometimes. It was just like .. I became tempted to turn to alcohol when the dread of standing before God and "knowing" He would turn me away and that there was no resolution for me. It was bad.

You have to do the work of going to the Lord. All of this about trusting Him with your whole self even when the situation seems impossible. Do you know that even the apostles asked Jesus once, "who then can be saved?" He said that with men, salvation is impossible, but with God anything is possible.

Do not lose strength. Do not lose hope. The Lord is your strength. He is your hope. Lean on Him - like a little baby. And I know that sounds a bit goofy maybe but even David said in one of his Psalms that he is like a weaned infant in his mother's lap.

I don't know what else to say about this. Just that it is hard, but you know, for me, I might not have learned about childlike faith without that terrible situation. It was at least a vehicle for that and my faith is so precious, even if I think it is small sometimes.

Please trust in the Lord. Just trust Him. Don't try to fix it.

I'm so much better now. And He has even answered some of my prayers, so I know Be hasn't abandoned me and I believe He never will.

I also came to the conclusion based on other scriptures and from my prayers, too..that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not an accidental thought or a slip of the tongue or mistaken theology. I am not even sure it is possible for a real believer in Jesus - who loves Him - to commit this sin. That is one thing I did receive in prayer..that it is impossible for someone who loves Him to commit this sin. Of course, I questioned whether that even came from Him, but it seems to bear out with my reading of scripture. The Pharisee who committed that sin did it out of hatred and envy. I don't believe - please take it to prayer - that it is done compulsively. You need to remember that He knows the hearts and it is our hearts that are the issue with God.

Please take this to prayer. All of it. Ask Him. Talk to Him. I am confident He wants to help, but you have to ask Him and you have to *trust Him* that He will help.

I don't want to tell people not to go to a psychologist, but...you really should go to Jesus first, and I don't mean with compulsive ritualistic prayers. You have to do it in faith - like a little child. Too many words said repetitively is not praying in faith. God hears you the first time and knows it all.

Anything can turn into a compulsion, even fasting, and even prayer and every religious or spiritual activity. God loves it when we trust in Him. Sometimes, the most effective prayers I've had were short requests. That being said, if you want to talk to Him longer, pray unceasingly...just not out of fear. I've had prayers in fear and they often backfired badly.

And please don't obsess over whether you are being too fearful either. If you get these sorts of thoughts, the best thing is to just tell the Lord and then treat it as "dealt with" and just make up your mind. If the anxiety comes back ("I have to pray more! I feel XYZ!!!"), just make a decision - quote the scripture *out loud* - that you have already made your request known to God. So, what I do is I just say, "if I feel like I need to pray about that again, I'll do it tomorrow". And more often than not, I don't. It was just a bad feeling and it went away.

Keep praying and praising God and reading the Word, all of that, just watch that nothing becomes a ritual. And never ever give up.

Reactions: Job405
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2021
Adelaide
✟15,928.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I just want to say again, reading all this. This is your testing. You will get out of this. Trust in Him, because it is the Spirit of God working in you, Jesus in you,..He will do it. Hold strong. I am actually kind of excited for you and I know that sounds insane to be excited because of what you are dealing with, but you will get free. Look at when you say this started. You are being sifted. What the enemy means for evil, God will turn to good. You just trust Him with all that is in you, even when you can't see. Especially when you can't see.

Did you know that some of the best preachers in history had to deal with this? Paul Bunyan and Spurgeon? Look into this.

You are being tested. Pray and ask the Lord if this is so.

Upvote 0