• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Blasphemed the Holy Spirit in my dreams

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This has never happened before and I could not control it but there was this guy in my dream that looked like Justin Bieber that I was beating up. Then I yelled in my dream "Go to hell HS" for some unknown reason. After this I woke up.

Obviously I did not and do not mean it, I love the Holy Spirit but this is what happened and it sucks.

Dustoff

May 28, 2017
Ontario
✟87,718.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Blasphemy of the HS is done by someone who is knowledgeable and doing it anyway. The greatest proof you haven't is the fact that you're concerned and worried about it. No one ever did accidentally. Dreams are just dreams. They're irrational. forget it.

Upvote 0

Ietermagog

May 26, 2020
Bellville
✟8,801.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm having a similar issue. I went to see a priest to talk about my problem. Felt better afterwards. I think it's the isolation and not talking to people face to face. As there's not much to distract you from your own thoughts, especially when they become bad. Currently I got a gym membership to get out more and hoping it helps me to get my thoughts off of the negative things. I don't know in how much danger you are of covid-19, but see if there's something that you could do where you could go out in public and look at the world and hopefully become distracted and be at peace.

The priest told me that Jesus already forgave my sins through the crucifixion and His blood. Also that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is when you turn your back on the Holy Spirit, like give up Christianity.

My grandfather told my mother that as long as you have that feeling of wanting to search for God and follow God, then God is still working within you.

Maybe this will help:
Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit Definition - Bible Meaning Explained

Reactions: Job405
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This has never happened before and I could not control it but there was this guy in my dream that looked like Justin Bieber that I was beating up. Then I yelled in my dream "Go to hell HS" for some unknown reason. After this I woke up.

Obviously I did not and do not mean it, I love the Holy Spirit but this is what happened and it sucks.

Since you were willing to beat Justin Bieber up, I believe you will be forgiven. :D

But seriousely, this was a dream, something you have no control over. And on top of that, in order to blaspheme, there needs to be someone there to hear you, that is where the real damage is done. Also, you did not speak it, it was all kept in your mind, so no harm done.

Youn had probably been recently thinking about this blasphemy, and that is what led to the dream?

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since you were willing to beat Justin Bieber up, I believe you will be forgiven. :D

But seriousely, this was a dream, something you have no control over. And on top of that, in order to blaspheme, there needs to be someone there to hear you, that is where the real damage is done. Also, you did not speak it, it was all kept in your mind, so no harm done.

Youn had probably been recently thinking about this blasphemy, and that is what led to the dream?
Well I suffer from constant blasphemous and other intrusive thoughts so yes I think about it on pretty much a daily basis to varying extents.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I suffer from constant blasphemous and other intrusive thoughts so yes I think about it on pretty much a daily basis to varying extents.

I have a mild form of that, and concluded, for me anyway, the best way to deal with those thoughts was to ignore them, and don't let them bother me.

It seemed the more I let them bother me, the more I thought about them and the condition only got worse because thinking about it kept it on my mind. Now it is no more than a mild bother.

Upvote 0

Ietermagog

May 26, 2020
Bellville
✟8,801.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Read Psalm 51 then Romans 8. I just posted this early, because there's a wall of text before I talk about them.

The constant thoughts I had in my head and reading through the New Testament, even when hard, has lead me to realise a lot of how I was actually wrong in my ways and my way of thinking. Things that I didn't even notice before, although a lot of it I would have never realised if I didn't talk to people about it on this site, my parents and pastor/priest. A lot of the times I felt like the anxiety was burning through my chest it was really hard trying to get rid of it on my own. But when I started reaching out to people and speaking about it I got a lot of guidance that started pulling me out of the anxiety. I then realised that God can speak to you through other Christians, you just need to reach out. Why I say speak to family you know will truly listen and try to help you and go see a pastor or priest from a church to get the things of your chest. I wasn't even going to church anymore for years. I wanted to again and thought about it a year ago (maybe for the wrong reasons, as I started wondering where to find a girl with morals and that's supportive, and the church was what popped up), but I was kind of afraid to as I didn't go to church anymore for such a very long time. Then when things got really bad I went to see a pastor from a church my mother sometimes goes to. It helped a lot. I prayed to God to please speak though the pastor/priest and hoped for words of comfort. Which is some of the words I mentioned in my earlier reply. But they went further as to say they will help me to get my life back on track, which is how I got into the gym membership.

Earlier today I was thinking about my life situation and God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Then a thought of anger entered my mind when I thought about the Holy Spirit and the situation I'm in. It happened so fast and I didn't even see it coming. I felt so distraught afterwards, as I hated just having had the thought. I prayed about it and then went to my mother to talk about it. She told me that she has a verse in the Bible that she clings to. As she told me everyone should find a verse in the Bible to cling to during such situations or times. She told me to go read Romans 8. It helped me a lot. Maybe it will help you. Because if you seek God, then His Holy Spirit must still be working within you.

David also went through remorse for a sin he committed. I happened to stumble upon Psalm 51. It was David's love for God that filled him with such anguish. So if you're pain is from you're love for God, then God must still be working within you through His Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with what others have said, that if we're obsessing about something we often dream about it. I think often dreams are our brain's way of processing all the stuff we've been thinking about. Anyway, you know that intrusive thoughts will keep trying to bug you, but you know what to do about them, right? :)

Upvote 0

Mia Asa

Mar 9, 2021
Nm
✟33,826.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there.
I know how you feel.
My problem is nearly , i hear bad thoughts in my mind about God , Jesus and Holy Spirt.
Yesterday i wanted to self-mutilation my thirst but some voice says "Don't do this" and i don't like live anymore i can't be happy ( i think i can go to the hell ,makes me wanna cry ) I love GOD but i don't wanna blaspheme him. My life is terrible since January :(

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there.
I know how you feel.
My problem is nearly , i hear bad thoughts in my mind about God , Jesus and Holy Spirt.
Yesterday i wanted to self-mutilation my thirst but some voice says "Don't do this" and i don't like live anymore i can't be happy ( i think i can go to the hell ,makes me wanna cry ) I love GOD but i don't wanna blaspheme him. My life is terrible since January :(
I'm so sorry you've been struggling! Please hang in there. There is definitely hope! Many people struggle with these kinds of thoughts. Do you have any kind of help or support for this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums