✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So misguided!
I joined a bereavement group soon after my husband died. Extremely good and supportive. I still pop on there. Just a group not religious.
Trouble is many people on there regularly curse God, using the F word etc. Blaming him for their pain, going on about life being worthless and suicidal feelings. Understandable, up to a point of course. I just stay out of such discussions.
But observing them, i feel so sad that they rant and rail against God who they don't even believe exists! Pain is part of life. Nobody after all is spared from bereavement and death.
I have been through the pain of loss. My fellow congregation at church have all endured loss. The difference is that our love and dependence on God has increased the more pain we have endured. We know all strength comes to us.
Anyway it upsets me a lot to hear God and Jesus being insulted and sworn at.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I understand. My mother passed away yesterday, but I've experienced God's help and comfort many times, and I know that He'll always take care of me.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So misguided!

I joined a bereavement group soon after my husband died. Extremely good and supportive. I still pop on there. Just a group not religious.

Trouble is many people on there regularly curse God, using the F word etc. Blaming him for their pain, going on about life being worthless and suicidal feelings.

Understandable, up to a point of course. I just stay out of such discussions.

But observing them, i feel so sad that they rant and rail against God who they don't even believe exists! Pain is part of life. Nobody after all is spared from bereavement and death.

I have been through the pain of loss. My fellow congregation at church have all endured loss. The difference is that our love and dependence on God has increased the more pain we have endured. We know all strength comes to us.

Non-believers are going to rant and rail against God when they experience loss.

And there's not a lot that you will be able to do to change that.

Unless you are there to minister to them, ... it might not be the best place for you to find comfort ...

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So misguided!
Trouble is many people on there regularly curse God, using the F word etc. Blaming him for their pain, going on about life being worthless and suicidal feelings. Understandable, up to a point of course. I just stay out of such discussions.

:heart: Awwwwwww what a heart wrenching dilemma, sis. What is all their pain, anger, and rage ABOUT? It sounds like there's some very RAW grief and excruciating pain there......some seeeeeriously deeeep woundings. Layers, even.

They don't KNOW God, dear heart. They just know how torn up they are, and ripped to pieces, and like their soul is a crumpled heap on the floor, maybe?

What do you think they need, BIG TIME, dear heart? (((Hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I understand. My mother passed away yesterday, but I've experienced God's help and comfort many times, and I know that He'll always take care of me.

:heart: I'm soooooo sorry Phoebe Ann. Praying for you during this most excruciating time of loss and grief (((hug)))

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My condolences to you and your family, @Phoebe Ann . I have lost both the mother who gave birth to me and the mother who raised me. Grief is hard. You have my prayers.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My condolences to you and your family, @Phoebe Ann . I have lost both the mother who gave birth to me and the mother who raised me. Grief is hard. You have my prayers.

:heart: I'm soooooo sorry, Shoe. Praying for you during this most difficult time of a double dose of mourning and pain and loss (((Hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
:heart: I'm soooooo sorry, Shoe. Praying for you during this most difficult time of a double dose of mourning and pain and loss (((Hug)))
Thank you, Brinny, but my losses are now ancient history - the most recent ~4 years ago, and the previous ~43 years.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you, Brinny, but my losses are now ancient history - the most recent ~4 years ago, and the previous ~33 years.

God has brought you through it....that is always reassuring to know (((hug)))

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I'm sorry for your double loss.

My mother was ninety-three; we couldn't expect her to be around forever. Thank you for your condolences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

So sorry for your loss. May God be with you.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Lilly54, post: 72295574, member: 399090"]So misguided!
Anyway it upsets me a lot to hear God and Jesus being insulted and sworn at.[/QUOTE
==================================
Reading Psalms has helped a lot of people seeking God's Peace And Understanding from HIM and from His Word.

Realize that all around us every day people are blatantly being evil and wicked , more every day, even on forums/ all over the internet, and especially on all television, etc ....

Yes, it grieves us for their soul's sakes, and as God directs, PRAY for them a blessing, when God Permits.

See the Psalms again, and PRAY the PSALMS as God grants His Understanding.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
So misguided!
People will ignore the Lord's commandments, and then the resulting pain sets in, and they blame the Lord sometimes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frater_domus

Faith is all that matters.
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2018
Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry for your loss :(

Once, I cursed God. It took me half a day to come back in tears and ask for an apology. What we must understand is that life is a learning experience for us, a chance to become godly characters. This also means that everything is a lesson that ought to bring us closer to God. At least, this is how I view this. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 tells us to give thanks to God in all circumstances. Always remember Job. That guy had it tougher than mst of us and yet, he always held on to God ;)

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Frater
That's good. You sought God's forgiveness and He always responds. We all go wrong sometimes and God knows. It is those who repeatedly maintain cold accusatory hearts who will come to grief. They cannot curse God and gain peace or happiness here or eternally.

Upvote 0

frater_domus

Faith is all that matters.
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2018
Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is those who repeatedly maintain cold accusatory hearts who will come to grief.

Ephesians 4:26. We're all angry from time to time. Deliberate persistence is what separates a natural impulse from a cold and hard heart. Well said ;)

Upvote 0