✟15,865.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/15/world/middleeast/15prince.html?_r=1&hp

Mr. Prince, who resettled here last year after his security business faced mounting legal problems in the United States, was hired by the crown prince of Abu Dhabi to put together an 800-member battalion of foreign troops for the U.A.E., according to former employees on the project, American officials and corporate documents obtained by The New York Times.

The force is intended to conduct special operations missions inside and outside the country, defend oil pipelines and skyscrapers from terrorist attacks and put down internal revolts, the documents show. Such troops could be deployed if the Emirates faced unrest or were challenged by pro-democracy demonstrations in its crowded labor camps or democracy protests like those sweeping the Arab world this year.

I knew they had some ace up their sleeves, just in case revolution started to happen.

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the bigger story here is that UAE clearly has a great psychic because the Tunisian protests began in December, not November.

Or maybe Blackwater owns a time machine and warned them?

:doh:

Blackwater conspiracy theories really remind me of birtherism... After all the NYT told us Blackwater was enforcing martial law in New Orleans, but the facts were they were hired by private companies to protect their property and volunteered free of charge to help with rescue efforts.

Anyways, lets just say this is doubtful. UAE throws Christians in jail for proselytism and Erik Prince had Blackwater go to Kenya and rescue Christians... for free.

Whatever, it could come back to bite me in the butt, but the whole story sounds doubtful and the contract is a pretty good indicator.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think the bigger story here is that UAE clearly has a great psychic because the Tunisian protests began in December, not November.

The revolutions in the Islamic world were predicted almost a decade ago by our state department, and many in the region chose to ignore the warning signs when we advised them to reform their governments.

Blackwater is a mercenary group, the UAE hiring them preemptively to put down civil unrest in their country is entirely understandable if true.

Upvote 0

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The revolutions in the Islamic world were predicted almost a decade ago by our state department, and many in the region chose to ignore the warning signs when we advised them to reform their governments.

Blackwater is a mercenary group, the UAE hiring them preemptively to put down civil unrest in their country is entirely understandable if true.

You are so great and believable and influential due to the fact you do not know the Erik Prince sold Xe in August. :bow:

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You are so great and believable and influential due to the fact you do not know the Erik Prince sold Xe in August. :bow:

So, that means the mercenary work is being done by a differnt company called Reflex Responces. ;)

So what is your point?

Upvote 0

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not only rude, but wrong.

clue·less adj. Lacking understanding or knowledge.

Seems like a proper adjective to describe him, his assumptions lack understanding, and his thinking Erik Prince was still in charge of Xe lacked knowledge.

Which point would you like to argue?

I will concede that the company setting up merenary work for the Emmeits is reflex responces instead of blackwater.

The point I am arguing is that the MSM is shoot first ask question later when it comes to saying Blackwater does the same. We have heard story after story and nothing has ever amounted of anything and no correction from the media.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The point I am arguing is that the MSM is shoot first ask question later when it comes to saying Blackwater does the same. We have heard story after story and nothing has ever amounted of anything and no correction from the media.

Seems like you have a problem with the Times and instead of simply correcting my mistake you decided to take a personal shot at me.

It's ok you can easily be added to my ignore list.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums