May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
"If JS made a prophecy about the end of the world and it fails" is a silly statement because until the end of the world comes we will not know if JS is right or wrong. Lets wait and see, OK.

Where did your research of Mormonism come from? Wow, how dangerous can the church be? What kinds of danger does it present? Let us all know?
Where did your research of Biblical Christianity come from? … because where it does would not require you to ask the last rhetorical question for you'd know the answer to how and what dangers.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Where did your research of Biblical Christianity come from? … because where it does would not require you to ask the last rhetorical question for you'd know the answer to how and what dangers.
We may or may not, depending on if Jesus Christ allows someone to know that information by revelation before it happens.

Has anyone in Christianity had a revelation from Jesus Christ as to how dangerous the Church of Jesus Christ will be? Let me know this persons name. Let me know what he or she is saying about what specific dangers the Church of Jesus Christ will bring? Thank you.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Has anyone in Christianity had a revelation from Jesus Christ as to how dangerous the Church of Jesus Christ will be? Let me know this persons name.

His name is Peter

2 Peter 2

2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
His name is Peter

2 Peter 2

2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
As you can see, this revelation was about Peter's time period, and before. Not after. The key words:
"there were" false prophets
"there shall be" false teachers "among you".

Theses key words help us to understand that Peter was not talking about JS's time or today. Try again.

I am talking about someone today in Christendom. Or is it like JS said, they (Christians) delcare to me that the heavens are closed. No message from heaven since the apostles of old. Is JS right?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Nope Peter has in view from his time til the second coming. Read the context.

JS is a false prophet.
You throw out context when you need to. Now show me the scripture in 2 Peter 2 that puts this speech into the far future, so we can get the right context. Because verse 1 puts the context in Peters time.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You throw out context when you need to. Now show me the scripture in 2 Peter 2 that puts this speech into the far future, so we can get the right context. Because verse 1 puts the context in Peters time.
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.

Will and will be are future tense. Who is "throw(ing) out context when you need to"?

Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
We may or may not, depending on if Jesus Christ allows someone to know that information by revelation before it happens.

Has anyone in Christianity had a revelation from Jesus Christ as to how dangerous the Church of Jesus Christ will be? Let me know this persons name. Let me know what he or she is saying about what specific dangers the Church of Jesus Christ will bring? Thank you.
1) That did not answer the question … Where does your research of Biblical Christianity come from?

2) JS claims that Jesus appeared to him, yet Jesus himself revealed warnings concerning future so-called Jesus appearances and prophets when he says "shall arise":
Matthew 24:24 KJV
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22 KJV
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Now there is no excuse for not knowing the name, what he is saying and the specific dangers.
You're welcome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
New revelation doesn’t negate the teachings of your past prophets.

Amen to that @blackhead , .. which actually means Biblically that past prophet was wrong, thus "false prophet", which means the whole LDS is built on the teachings of a "false prophet".

Solution; get out of Mormonism.

Besides, I asked many Mormon youths that came to my door over the years: "Do you guys know who Mormo was?" and they had no idea.

Finally some years back, upon my insistence for Wikipedia (because years of searching the internet for the definition of Mormo has turned out nothing), they put in a definition for Mormo:

Mormo
(Greek: Μορμώ, Μορμών, Mormō) was a female spirit in Greek folklore, whose name was invoked by mothers and nurses to frighten children to keep them from misbehaving.

Etymology:
The name mormo has the plural form mormones which means "fearful ones" or "hideous one(s)", and is related to an array of words that signify "fright".[1][2]

The variant mormolyce translates to "terrible wolves", with the stem -lykeios meaning "of a wolf"
The original Mormo was a woman of Corinth, who ate her children then flew out; according to an account only attested in a single source.[4] Mormolyca /mɔːrˈmɒlɪkə/ (as the name appears in Doric Greek: μορμολύκα) is designated as the wetnurse (Greek: τιθήνη) of Acheron by Sophron (fl. 430 BC).

Mormo or Moromolyce has been described as a female specter, phantom, or ghost by modern commentators.[7][8][9] A mormolyce is one of several names given to the female phasma (phantom) in Philostratus's Life of Apollonius of Tyana.

Mormo is glossed as equivalent to Lamia and mormolykeion, considered to be frightening beings, in the Suda, a lexicon of the Byzantine Periods. Mombro (Μομβρώ) or Mormo are a bugbear (φόβητρον), the Suda also says.

"Mormo" and "Gello" were also aliases for Lamia according to one scholiast, who also claimed she was queen of the Laestrygonians, the race of man-eating giants

• Informative
Reactions: blackhead
Upvote 0