Visit site
✟605,897.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Several retailers have closed stores, so I believe it will jump for everyone. To answer your question though, it's not Trump's fault. They all got themselves fired to deny Trump bragging rights. They just won't let Trump be great. Anything to make Obama look good.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not even up a full percentage point and CNN needs to write an article about it and tulc creates a thread.
...he talked about it in the SOTU and tweeted about it in his feed, if he wants to brag about it being down shouldn't he also take responsibility when it goes back up? :scratch:

How petty.
I'm just hoping it doesn't bother his golf game. Because THAT would be a real tragedy. :swoon:
tulc(no really...tragic!) :sigh:

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
...he talked about it in the SOTU and tweeted about it in his feed, if he wants to brag about it being down shouldn't he also take responsibility when it goes back up? :scratch:

I'm just hoping it doesn't bother his golf game. Because THAT would be a real tragedy. :swoon:
tulc(no really...tragic!) :sigh:
No one cares about a partial percentage point.

I didn't see your thread when Trump's approval rating hit 49%. You love to keep every on top of all of his accomplishments, but forget the good ones conveniently.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I didn't see your thread when Trump's approval rating hit 49%. You love to keep every on top of all of his accomplishments, but forget the good ones conveniently.
(snip)
I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about something President Trump was bragging about just a couple of days ago. And now it's not there, in fact it's gotten worse. I thought that should be pointed out, hence the thread. If you'd like to discuss his poll numbers shouldn't you start a thread about that? Not bring it up in a thread not about that? Because when you bring it up here, it strikes me as someone trying really hard to distract from something that shows President Trump isn't able to do the job he got elected to. :scratch:
tulc(sounds like people using the handbook) :sorry:

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well, on the one hand we have a president bragging when unemployment drops, as if he single-handedly made it happen.

...On the other hand, we have TULC celebrating when black unemployment rises.

I think I'll sit this one out.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, on the one hand we have a president bragging when unemployment drops, as if he single-handedly made it happen.

...On the other hand, we have TULC celebrating when black unemployment rises.

I think I'll sit this one out.
One thing: tulc should be spelled with all lower case letters, unless it starts a sentence then only the t should be capitalized. I just thought that should be pointed out.
And since we're pointing things out: could you point out where I "celebrated" black unemployment rising? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®
Polls vary in what they show. Ramussen always favors the Republican Party while others show something else. The latest Gallop Poll show that Trump's approval rating is below 40%.. We really need for more poll numbers to come out and get an average to see where he stands.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sure they do, Trump bragged about it because a partial point is what got it below the record. Jobs increased by over 200,000 but Black unemployment rose. I guess seasonal layoffs for retailors after Christmas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
At the time he said it, it was true. Things change and it was a tiny, insignificant change. It's petty people, like the OP and CNN, who are looking under every rock to disparage the president. He had a good state of the union, that the majority of the country said was good. He's passed a ton of legislation, minor and major, kept the majority of his campaign promises, and the economy is soaring. Now his approval rating is up.

He's winning and you can't handle it.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sure they do, Trump bragged about it because a partial point is what got it below the record. Jobs increased by over 200,000 but Black unemployment rose. I guess seasonal layoffs for retailors after Christmas.
And? It was true at the time he said it. Is there really someone watching the numbers that carefully that it changes not even a full percentage point, then it's suddenly newsworthy? Are you serious? That is the very definition of petty. If the unemployment rate when lower, you would've said nothing.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And? It was true at the time he said it. Is there really someone watching the numbers that carefully that it changes not even a full percentage point, then it's suddenly newsworthy? Are you serious? That is the very definition of petty. If the unemployment rate when lower, you would've said nothing.
Yes, DONALD TRUMP. I'm glad that you agree that the Donald is petty.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, DONALD TRUMP. I'm glad that you agree that the Donald is petty.
Pointing out that things are doing well and have hit historic lows is newsworthy. Waiting for that number to bump not even a full percentage point to write a news story about it just to hit Trump with something is what's petty. All the stories (which are probably fake) about him eating nothing but McDonalds and watching TV all day are also petty. That's what the left has fallen to. Maybe their voices are too weak from screaming at the sky for a year, so now they try to be a petty and pathetic as they can.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They're so petty, they can't even keep their story straight.

27458948_1560165080698869_9029410650126136263_n.jpg

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pointing out that things are doing well and have hit historic lows is newsworthy. Waiting for that number to bump not even a full percentage point to write a news story about it just to hit Trump with something is what's petty. All the stories (which are probably fake) about him eating nothing but McDonalds and watching TV all day are also petty. That's what the left has fallen to. Maybe their voices are too weak from screaming at the sky for a year, so now they try to be a petty and pathetic as they can.
Who was waiting for it to bump? Trump was the one who brought a focus on that number and news people do what they always do. Write about what may be of interest.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At the time he said it, it was true. Things change and it was a tiny, insignificant change.
Probably not to those people who are now unemployed it isn't that small. :sorry:

It's petty people, like the OP and CNN, who are looking under every rock to disparage the president.
Actually what's being looked for was some honesty and consistency: he claimed credit for low unemployment doesn't that mean he should take blame when the unemployment goes back up? That'a not petty, that's being responsible. What's being petty is: "Hey look I'm responsible for unemployment being down!!" then when it goes back up again: (suddenly you can hear the crickets...)

He had a good state of the union, that the majority of the country said was good.
...uhmmm...not even sort of, he didn't have even half of the country watching he had slightly over 45,000,000 out of 323,100,000 and of that minority of watchers he got a lot of approval. :wave:

He's passed a ton of legislation,
No he didn't, he signed his name to what they put in front of him and did the very thing the Republicans screamed about under President Obama. :wave:

minor and major,
Again, no.

kept the majority of his campaign promises,
He built a wall and Mexico payed for it? He drained the swamp or made the swamp into the government? He was too busy working for the country to play golf?

and the economy is soaring.
Thanks President Obama! :oldthumbsup:

Now his approval rating is up.
I thought you guys didn't care about that sort of thing?

I have to say: "winning" isn't what it looks like to me. I'm thinking it looks more like people should break out the marshmallows and graham crackers and use President Trumps administration to make s'mores with:
trumpster-fire-300x300.jpg

tulc(maybe some hot dogs as well?) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about something President Trump was bragging about just a couple of days ago. And now it's not there, in fact it's gotten worse. I thought that should be pointed out, hence the thread. If you'd like to discuss his poll numbers shouldn't you start a thread about that? Not bring it up in a thread not about that? Because when you bring it up here, it strikes me as someone trying really hard to distract from something that shows President Trump isn't able to do the job he got elected to. :scratch:
tulc(sounds like people using the handbook) :sorry:

Well now tulc, you had to know all the moves that'd be played, on account of them being played endless times round here before. I'll give a rundown.

1. Trump pleasures himself bragging up & down about the black unemployment numbers, bragging about the stock market, bragging about basically everything under the sun. It was foolish for a lot of reasons to do that, but he did it anyways. Writes out an obnoxious Tweet to Jay Z bragging about black unemployment. Brags in the SOTU. Tries to shame the black caucus for not standing up at the SOTU, when it's pretty dang obvious they hadn't given him applause on account of it not being due to him. Calls those folks not kissing his butt as he farts in their face treasonous.

2. Trump supporters very proudly make a bunch of threads & posts to talk about how much the unemployment number went down due to Trump. Try to shame anybody who points out that the numbers improved much more under Obama, call them liars wanting to steal Trump's credit.

3. Then the black unemployment rate goes back up. That percentage point bragged about so much last week, well shoot, that's now just insignificant & folks who report on it are petty! Besides, it's not about the black unemployment numbers, it's all about how Trump is winning & folks just can't handle that much winning, so stay on point.

4. There's a desperate need to brag about Trump on account of criticism being made, so a poll is put up, even though anytime anybody else ever puts up polls, the same folks putting them up say that polls can't be trusted. The poll used is one that leans towards favoring Trump, still shows that there's as many folks disapproving of him as approving.

5. When the poll fails to make the impact, then throw out an off-topic meme about Democrats, never mind that it's got a lie that's been debunked in it.

The same strategy is used repeatedly, just change up the variables.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At the time he said it, it was true. Things change and it was a tiny, insignificant change.

I think the fact is that the President has very little to no control over the unemployment rate. But Presidents typically take credit for the good and rationalize away the bad. In this regard, Trump and his supporters are no different. But unemployment has been falling for almost a decade (since 2009, Civilian Unemployment Rate ) - it's ridiculous to attribute it's decline to Trump when the trend has been in place for so long. Nevermind the fact that appropriate statistical analysis about causal relationships on unemployment is totally ignored - his supporters don't mind the propaganda.

He's passed a ton of legislation,

(a) You mean congress, right? Congress passes legislation. Maybe you can credit him for not vetoing some things though.

and the economy is soaring.

GDP has been increasing since 2009 (Real Gross Domestic Product). Trump isn't responsible for this trend.

But perhaps by "the economy" you mean "the stock market" (even though the stock market isn't the economy). But even this is up since 2009 (S&P 500).

The US was coming out of a generationally bad recession in 2008-2009. There was a rather large "output gap" (the difference between Potential GDP and Actual GDP) which correlated to lots of slack in the labor markets. It's taken almost a decade for this gap to close. The steady increase in employment and GDP is probably just because there was so much slack in the economy because of the recession. It really has nothing to do with the President and more to do with something like mean reversion.

Real Potential Gross Domestic Product

Well, he's taking credit for some things for which he really can't be credited. You might call that "winning" but it looks to me like a little propaganda.

Upvote 0