"Black Mirror" teaches lesson about premarital sex

love2teach

Jun 23, 2010
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Netflix show, Black Mirror, is like a futuristic Twilight Zone. Of the episodes I've seen, most resonate with some profound parable type lesson.
There was an episode where the people were living in a futuristic world. Everybody was given an implant at birth that allowed them to record and retrieve all memories in a video recording stored in your head. You could openly share your memories in HD quality on TV's, hold them and recall them with perfect clarity at any time.
In the plot, the husband noticed something strange about his wife's interaction with another man at a party. He reviews the recording over and over and he finds reason to accuse her of having an affair. The wife claimed he was an ex and they had a meaningless sexual tryst before she was married after a week of knowing him. It was nothing. Then.. it was over a month... then 6 months as the story changed.
The man burned with jealousy knowing that this other man conjured up HD quality memories of his wife in bed. And, his wife could also bring up these memories. In fact, she played these memories in her head while they were having intercourse.
In the plot, the man becomes So consumed by the jealousy, he goes to the ex-boyfriend's house, threatens his life and forces him to delete the memories from his head. He came home to his wife and compelled her to delete those memories too.
(Unfortunately, in the plot he discovered his wife had been cheating when he noticed the dates of their memories aligned with the conception of his child.)
The point of my post is...
There's a profound Biblical lesson in all this. When we have premarital sex, we cannot remove those memories, and they can cause damage to the marital relationship.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Netflix show, Black Mirror, is like a futuristic Twilight Zone. Of the episodes I've seen, most resonate with some profound parable type lesson.
There was an episode where the people were living in a futuristic world. Everybody was given an implant at birth that allowed them to record and retrieve all memories in a video recording stored in your head. You could openly share your memories in HD quality on TV's, hold them and recall them with perfect clarity at any time.
In the plot, the husband noticed something strange about his wife's interaction with another man at a party. He reviews the recording over and over and he finds reason to accuse her of having an affair. The wife claimed he was an ex and they had a meaningless sexual tryst before she was married after a week of knowing him. It was nothing. Then.. it was over a month... then 6 months as the story changed.
The man burned with jealousy knowing that this other man conjured up HD quality memories of his wife in bed. And, his wife could also bring up these memories. In fact, she played these memories in her head while they were having intercourse.
In the plot, the man becomes So consumed by the jealousy, he goes to the ex-boyfriend's house, threatens his life and forces him to delete the memories from his head. He came home to his wife and compelled her to delete those memories too.
(Unfortunately, in the plot he discovered his wife had been cheating when he noticed the dates of their memories aligned with the conception of his child.)
There's a profound Biblical lesson in all this. When we have premarital sex, we cannot remove those memories, and they can cause damage to the marital relationship.

They can. But it's an option. I've never thought about
previous sexual encounters when with my wife today.
And it's very rare I recall any past experiences. It happens
but not often.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"It’s a long-held belief among animal breeders that pure-bred progeny are best produced by females who have never mated before. Call it puritanical or ridiculous, but in breeding, it’s been a long-standing practice—even though there has never been much science to back it up. Now, however, researchers at University of New South Wales in Australia believe they may finally have some evidence to give that notion some scientific support.

Cool, or really disturbing. The implications of the study are that any mates a female has had may leave some legacy—in the form of physical or other traits that are carried in the sperm (but not the DNA-containing sperm)—that could show up in her future offspring with another mate."

How Previous Partners Affect Offspring

Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do the past sexual memories of a widow (with her deceased husband) damage the relationship she has with her next husband - if she chooses to remarry? Is she not supposed to recall those memories once remarried?

Upvote 0