HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Black Lives Matter Activists Interrupt Hillary Clinton At Private Event In South Carolina
They wanted her to account for some of her past statements on racial justice.

I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread about this yet.

“Hillary Clinton has a pattern of throwing the Black community under the bus when it serves her politically," Williams said in a statement before the event. "She called our boys ‘super-predators’ in ’96, then she race-baited when running against Obama in ‘08, now she’s a lifelong civil rights activist. I just want to know which Hillary is running for President, the one from ’96, ’08, or the new Hillary?”

I have seen a number of media outlets - on both sides - claim this could break the firewall she has for this segment of the population.

I'm not so sure about that.

Reactions: brinny

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So BLM has successfully annoyed candidates from both major parties...who exactly is their candidate of choice then?

...or do they not even care about the presidential election and are more interested in just making noise? (I suspect the latter)

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This was a private fund raiser. Which makes for the question, how did this militant woman get into the event?
Well at least BLM militants that think they can steamroll a politician are showing their true colors here. Again.
That poor woman should be embarrassed that she made such a spectacle of herself pursuing an apology for something that didn't happen.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Shrugs) I see her act as someone that isn't too familiar with history - nor cares about what was going on at the time if she does.

There were many people - including black leaders at the time - supporting this crime bill that didn't do what it was suppose to as we look back on it. There were reasons they supported it, and agreed with her 'language' at the time. Different circumstances in different times in history. She wan't speaking of an entire ethic group - just particularity ones that had no empathy, compassion, or nor cared whom they destroyed.

Sadly, today people don't take that stuff into account anymore. To much black and white thinking going on, and sadly that does more harm than good.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To much black and white thinking going on, and sadly that does more harm than good.

The only two groups of people who view every issue through the prism of race are liberals and skin-heads.

When speaking of crime and punishment, the issue isn't black or white. The issue is criminal and victim.

As for poor little Hillary:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only two groups of people who view every issue through the prism of race are liberals and skin-heads.
You don't know the white, conservative, Republicans that I do then. I never saw it until Obama ran for President. Where I live they are ranchers, construction workers, etc. rural middle America. I don't live in the deep south either. A liberal or Democratic is hard to find in this community. Here race makes a difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't know the white, conservative, Republicans that I do then.

I grew up in a small town located in rural America. Dale Earnhardt, Willie Nelson country. I understand what you are saying, but even people in such areas do not view every issue through the prism of race. That was my qualifier.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So BLM has successfully annoyed candidates from both major parties...who exactly is their candidate of choice then?

...or do they not even care about the presidential election and are more interested in just making noise? (I suspect the latter)

BLM movement is not a political movement so I don't think they care who they tick off. The movement is based on fighting racism and police abuse. So if members think Hillary's past comments were raciest they are encouraged to confront racism. Especially if she is a presidential candidate. They are a very loose movement and bad apples in the group make the movement look insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I grew up in a small town located in rural America. Dale Earnhardt, Willie Nelson country. I understand what you are saying, but even people in such areas do not view every issue through the prism of race. That was my qualifier.
But you believe that liberals view every issue through the prism of race? Really, come on that is quite the overstatement in my view. Your statement about liberals is the same type of statement made by some Republicans I know when they talk about blacks. Some of them use the 'n' word to describe all blacks. The stereotyping is exactly the same. Theirs is based on skin color and yours on political views.
Some liberals' political views are not be based on race at all but on poverty, lack of educational opportunities, etc. These problems included poor and uneducated whites. Generations of poverty and lack of hope is not discriminatory, it doesn't care about skin color or ethnicity.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

The Thin Dead Line of sanity
Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pay yo' dues, Hil!

As someone who speaks fluent slanguage, 'yo' does not have an apostrophe after it. It's not short for your, it's an actual word. And that sentence was, ugh, badly constructed. The sentence was also outta context, entirely.

It's funny because he's talking "black." Haha!

My thoughts exactly.

As for the actual incident I understand where the kid and her company was coming from. But they have to realize that people do change in two whole decades. Social attitudes and climates shift and people's attitudes do too. Hillary is no exception to that fact. She may have a different stance now and it's safer to assume that.

About the apology though, I feel the best apology is action. So to ask for an apology would be silly because she can just lie. Don't think any politician won't lie just to save their skin. But if she fixes the absurd parameters that create mass incarceration then I'd feel much better than some apology.

It's all down to how she'll implement change or sweep this under the rug. Personally I prefer Bernie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As someone who speaks fluent slanguage, 'yo' does not have an apostrophe after it. It's not short for your, it's an actual word. And that sentence was, ugh, badly constructed. The sentence was also outta context, entirely.

Seemed to have hit a nerve, though. Yo'.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
BLM movement is not a political movement so I don't think they care who they tick off. The movement is based on fighting racism and police abuse. So if members think Hillary's past comments were raciest they are encouraged to confront racism. Especially if she is a presidential candidate. They are a very loose movement and bad apples in the group make the movement look insane.

That's the problem with a loose movement (void of any real leadership structure)...anyone can co-opt the moniker and essentially do whatever they want...that's the exact environment that attracts "bad apples".

It's the same problem that exists for the Tea Party and Occupy...

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour