Black-eyed mugshot of Lancaster County suspect gets national attention, disbelief

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow...your religion has a passage about people who don't believe your religion being wrong. That's unique lol.

Actually that is not what the scripture says if you read it carefully. It does not say if you do not have religion, it says those without the SPIRIT OF GOD...nothing about religion at all. I thought atheist were suppose to be intellectual.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually that is not what the scripture says if you read it carefully. It does not say if you do not have religion, it says those without the SPIRIT OF GOD...nothing about religion at all. I thought atheist were suppose to be intellectual.

In your opinion, does a person need to be a Christian, to have the spirit of God?

Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In your opinion, does a person need to be a Christian, to have the spirit of God?

It is not a matter of "opinion", it is a matter of fact. The Spirit of God, is the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit does not reside in those who do not belong to Jesus.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Verse Concepts
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19
Verse Concepts
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

2 Corinthians 6:16
Verse Concepts
Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

Ezekiel 36:27
Verse Concepts
"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

Isaiah 63:11
Verse Concepts
Then His people remembered the days of old, of Moses Where is He who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of His flock? Where is He who put His Holy Spirit in the midst of them,

2 Timothy 1:14
Verse Concepts
Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.

Acts 6:5
Verse Concepts
The statement found approval with the whole congregation; and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch.

Ephesians 5:18
Verse Concepts
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,

Romans 8:11
Verse Concepts
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

John 16:13
Verse Concepts
"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

Galatians 5:18
Verse Concepts
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

Galatians 5:22
Verse Concepts
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Romans 8:9
Verse Concepts
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Romans 8:15
Verse Concepts
For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

Galatians 4:6
Verse Concepts
Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

1 John 2:27
Verse Concepts
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

• Winner
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is not a matter of "opinion", it is a matter of fact. The Spirit of God, is the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit does not reside in those who do not belong to Jesus.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Verse Concepts
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19
Verse Concepts
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

2 Corinthians 6:16
Verse Concepts
Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

Ezekiel 36:27
Verse Concepts
"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

Isaiah 63:11
Verse Concepts
Then His people remembered the days of old, of Moses Where is He who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of His flock? Where is He who put His Holy Spirit in the midst of them,

2 Timothy 1:14
Verse Concepts
Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you.

Acts 6:5
Verse Concepts
The statement found approval with the whole congregation; and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch.

Ephesians 5:18
Verse Concepts
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,

Romans 8:11
Verse Concepts
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

John 16:13
Verse Concepts
"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

Galatians 5:18
Verse Concepts
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

Galatians 5:22
Verse Concepts
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Romans 8:9
Verse Concepts
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Romans 8:15
Verse Concepts
For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

Galatians 4:6
Verse Concepts
Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

1 John 2:27
Verse Concepts
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

I strongly disagree it is an established fact (this would require verifiable/objective evidence), but I have no doubt, this is your personal belief.

Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I strongly disagree it is an established fact (this would require verifiable/objective evidence), but I have no doubt, this is your personal belief.

Is it a fact that gravity exists? Do you just believe it or can you see it? I have no doubt your personal beliefs include gravity :)

Does the wind exist only when you can see it? If you are in your house and not looking outside can you tell if it is windy? But you watch TV and the weatherman tells you it is windy and you believe it.

• Haha
Reactions: ximmix
Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Comparing gravity, to personal religious beliefs? LOL

Trying to understand your thought process is all. I would like to hear your intellectual view of that question. It is valid, but typical just to dismiss what you can't explain I suppose...irony eh.

Ok, off topic to this thread but one thing baffles me. This is obviously a christian forum, a place for Christians to discuss topics. Atheist and others are welcome. Are you here to get understanding because you have questions or just here to strengthen your disbelief and mock those who do believe? It really baffles me as to why a person holds an atheistic viewpoint would waste any time on here. Christians do not go on atheist boards and mock atheists. So let me ask you which is it and what spirit are you of?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trying to understand your thought process is all.

Ok, off topic to this thread but one thing baffles me. This is obviously a christian forum, a place for Christians to discuss topics. Atheist and others are welcome. Are you here to get understanding because you have questions or just here to strengthen your disbelief and mock those who do believe? It really baffles me as to why a person holds an atheistic viewpoint would waste any time on here. Christians do not go on atheist boards and mock atheists. So let me ask you which is it and what spirit are you of?

I know this tends to baffle certain Christians, while others have no issue with it.

I am here, because I really enjoy communicating with those who may have differing view points then mine. Just talking, with those who agree with me, gets a tad boring.

Furthermore, I am also here, because I thoroughly enjoy observing human psychology and this site provides a lot of good observing of the same. You see, I am not so much interested in what someone on this site believes or doesn't believe, I am much more interested in the claims people make about their beliefs and how they are able to support the claims they make about their personal beliefs.

• Friendly
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this tends to baffle certain Christians, while others have no issue with it.

I am here, because I really enjoy communicating with those who may have differing view points then mine. Just talking, with those who agree with me, gets a tad boring.

Furthermore, I am also here, because I thoroughly enjoy observing human psychology and this site provides a lot of good observing of the same. You see, I am not so much interested in what someone on this site believes or doesn't believe, I am much more interested in the claims people make about their beliefs and how they are able to support the claims they make about their personal beliefs.
removed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah so we are just a bunch of lab monkeys to the intellectual superior. I get it.

BTW - I wasn't always a Christian.

I guess you are writing your thesis for your PHD....gathering all this human psychology about people believing in things you don't, must be awesome to be in a position to just play with peoples faith as a source of humor and intellectual research....

You are allowed to look at it, however you wish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is what demonic possession looks like fully manifested.

And returning to subject. The power of Satan over this woman should be a wake up call to the church to return to operating in Christ is all His fulness. Since Satan's power is manifesting in ever greater extents in the earth now, so too should the power of God.

Reactions: 2Timothy2:15
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And returning to subject. The power of Satan over this woman should be a wake up call to the church to return to operating in Christ is all His fulness. Since Satan's power is manifesting in ever greater extents in the earth now, so too should the power of God.
I'll see your "ever greater extent" and raise you a Second World War.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.