• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Black celebrities on racism

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by hislegacy, Jun 25, 2020.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others

Worth the watch because it is a side of the issue not spoken of often. No screaming, no yelling, no cursing, just plain honest conversation.

last few minutes are very moving.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Interesting, the hottest topic today, 149 views and zero replies.

3. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I’m having a hard time understanding this. Not one reply. Why?

4. LaBèlla

LaBèlla His will❣️my fate Supporter

+7,658
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    "I think it's more important to make headway in our own house. By the time the system comes into play, the damage is done. They're not locking up seven-year olds." —Denzel Washington

Quoted for truth. He hit the nail on the head.

~Bella

5. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    one of many great statements In the video.

6. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others

7. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+8,330
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Don Lemon: Do you think that race place a part in wealth distribution?

Morgan Freeman: no

8. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+6,464
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    It's always amusing, seeing some white people, telling black people who their leaders should be.

I wonder how they'd respond, if black folks started posting testimonials from white folks who oppose racism.

No, actually I don't.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  9. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+1,449
    Non-Denom
    Why not if they're providing a good argument as to why leader 1 would be better for them than leader 2. A good argument is a good argument doesn't matter the colour of the skin of the one who makes it.

But who said the other wouldn't oppose racism as well? But to your point YES whatever they say should be assessed too. No reason why it shouldn't be.

10. The Barbarian

+6,464
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    It's cultural. You see, when blacks weren't allowed to vote or got to decent schools, segregationists were holding up "good nigras" as examples of the leaders black people should follow. So doesn't go as well as those (maybe well-meaning) white folk might hope.

11. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+2,481
    Methodist
    Only "white" conservatives could be so pompous as to think that they know more about how "blacks" should vote than African Americans themselves!

Its dates back to those "good old days" of slavery and Jim Crow where "Black" Americans knew their place and couldn't be trusted to make those decisions concerning their future!

12. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+10,323
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I guess that it was Biden who put his foot in his mouth with that one.
    M

13. The Barbarian

+6,464
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Which Biden does from time to time. He's got a smart mouth; always has. The key is, he's sharp enough to realize when he does, and apologizes. Hence the choice we have in November.