Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I was rewatching the first episode recently and noticed the symbol on Sebastian's hand. I forgot it was full-on that. I liked the show when I first watched it but I kind of feel like I can't watch it as innocently as before. For those who don't know, black butler is about a kid (Ciel Phantomhive) whose parents died in a fire. He has four other house servants but the black butler is Sebastian Michaelis, a demon who took a contract with Ciel because the demons say Ciel's soul is like a high-class meal, and Sebastian was tired of taking souls at will. Ciel works as the Queen's "guard dog" or best investigator, also managing his own candy/toy company he inherited.

Ciel, Sebastian, Claude (season two Alois's butler who is completely indifferent to him), and Alois:
IMG_5442.JPG

Sebastian's catch phrase:

IMG_5443.GIF

Ciel without his eyepatch (his eye isn't damaged but you can't walk around like that):

IMG_5444.JPG

Anyone who has watched it, how do you think of it?

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was rewatching the first episode recently and noticed the symbol on Sebastian's hand. I forgot it was full-on that. I liked the show when I first watched it but I kind of feel like I can't watch it as innocently as before. For those who don't know, black butler is about a kid (Ciel Phantomhive) whose parents died in a fire. He has four other house servants but the black butler is Sebastian Michaelis, a demon who took a contract with Ciel because the demons say Ciel's soul is like a high-class meal, and Sebastian was tired of taking souls at will. Ciel works as the Queen's "guard dog" or best investigator, also managing his own candy/toy company he inherited.

Ciel, Sebastian, Claude (season two Alois's butler who is completely indifferent to him), and Alois:
View attachment 197674

View attachment 197675

Ciel without his eyepatch (his eye isn't damaged but you can't walk around like that):

View attachment 197676

I have not seen it yet but it sounds fascinating.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have not seen it yet but it sounds fascinating.

You might want to hold off on it. You've mentioned ritual abuse and paganism (unless I'm mixing you up with someone of a similar name). There are some things that might bother and upset or scare you.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You might want to hold off on it. You've mentioned ritual abuse and paganism (unless I'm mixing you up with someone of a similar name). There are some things that might bother and upset or scare you.
Yes I was ritually abused. It was me. Okay I will hold off on it. Thank you for telling me that.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes I was ritually abused. It was me. Okay I will hold off on it. Thank you for telling me that.
Yeah I just remembered something in one of the early episodes and stuff at the end of season one that might be bad for you.

Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

View attachment 197674

View attachment 197675

View attachment 197676

(WARNING SPOILERS)
I thought it was super good but really felt season 2 was just meh, it really didn't need to continue Sebastian should have eaten his soul and that would have been it a complete story. done. I have no idea why season 2 was a thing.

Upvote 0