• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bizarre belief, whats happening

Jerry Stout

Sep 12, 2021
Iowa City
✟15,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive lived with OCD and Schizophrenia most of my life, and have all sorts of intrusive thoughts and voices. The voices usually talk about how "evil" or "wicked" I am, tell me im going to hell and theres nothing i can do...if i try to read the Bible or pray, the voices tell me im just i denial. Its very troubling. They tell me its too late

But heres the odd beliefs im experiencing, ive heard the voices say things like "oh if you only knew what you are..." or other phrases trying to indicate that im somehow "special"...the voices do act like im somehow special, but NOT in a good way at all. They say it has something to do with "timelines" and that since i live in the middle of America im somehow like the "sender outer" or "the corrupter", like im the leader of the bad people...its really bizarre, is there such a person? What is causing these beliefs?

Jerry Stout

Sep 12, 2021
Iowa City
✟15,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well they say ive done too much damage to my soul, from evil thinking, and now its impossible to repent and im damned no matter what i do, which is scary enough...

But the voices also try to imply that im like some kind of pure evil person, like im the center of corruption in America, and the people i interact with i corrupt morally and "send them out" kind of like a bubble with me as the center and evil like radiates from me. I hope to the Lord Jesus Christ its just a delusion or some kind of mental health issue, because otherwise i meet a terrible fate, ive even heard the voices say "hes PROUD of his position", like im the prime evil or something, im terrified

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Well they say ive done too much damage to my soul, from evil thinking, and now its impossible to repent and im damned no matter what i do, which is scary enough...

But the voices also try to imply that im like some kind of pure evil person, like im the center of corruption in America, and the people i interact with i corrupt morally and "send them out" kind of like a bubble with me as the center and evil like radiates from me. I hope to the Lord Jesus Christ its just a delusion or some kind of mental health issue, because otherwise i meet a terrible fate, ive even heard the voices say "hes PROUD of his position", like im the prime evil or something, im terrified
Start memorizing Scripture. This life is about Christ —not about you (and certainly not about the voices). The world does not revolve around you. Use Scripture to keep your keel straight.

BTW, in all this, like with Job, God is using you for his purposes, no matter how hard it is to deal with. Thank him and ask him for relief, and keep asking. A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.

Upvote 0

Jerry Stout

Sep 12, 2021
Iowa City
✟15,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Start memorizing Scripture. This life is about Christ —not about you (and certainly not about the voices). The world does not revolve around you. Use Scripture to keep your keel straight.

BTW, in all this, like with Job, God is using you for his purposes, no matter how hard it is to deal with. Thank him and ask him for relief, and keep asking. A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.

Upvote 0

Jerry Stout

Sep 12, 2021
Iowa City
✟15,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you my friend, those are very comforting words, im scared of just giving into the thoughts and voices and losing my humanity. Ive been reading the Bible a lot lately and i think, with proper meds and therapy, i may make a full recovery

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ive lived with OCD and Schizophrenia most of my life, and have all sorts of intrusive thoughts and voices. The voices usually talk about how "evil" or "wicked" I am, tell me im going to hell and theres nothing i can do...if i try to read the Bible or pray, the voices tell me im just i denial. Its very troubling. They tell me its too late

But heres the odd beliefs im experiencing, ive heard the voices say things like "oh if you only knew what you are..." or other phrases trying to indicate that im somehow "special"...the voices do act like im somehow special, but NOT in a good way at all. They say it has something to do with "timelines" and that since i live in the middle of America im somehow like the "sender outer" or "the corrupter", like im the leader of the bad people...its really bizarre, is there such a person? What is causing these beliefs?

you can’t let these voices control you, do what you know is right and ignore them. Better yet take them captive as in 2cor10:3-5.
Their useless but want to be the center of your attention. But you have bigger ideas: reading you bible, following Jesus, going to church. I’ve taken mine captive for years, I don’t let them stop me, I persevere to accomplish what God wants me to accomplish. I tell you it’s a miracle. I don’t have to let them triumph over me.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Jesus said John the Baptist was the same thing as Elijah - so people do have historic lineages.

Also, Jesus talked about levels of influence - that people could kill the body, but that there is also someone who can destroy the soul (as well as the body): meaning that your identity can be real in a number of different contexts (and changing in whichever context your identity is found).

That said, have you tried just speaking back to the voices, in the same voice as you hear in your head? I struggled with something I said for a long time, until I realized "I'm afraid what the Devil will say, why don't I just speak over the top of the Devil and put it behind me" so I said "Yes I am the Devil, but I don't want what you are offering, keep it, in Jesus' Name Amen" - you know, to myself. In like manner you could say "Yes, I am the Voice, but I don't want you to feel hurt, I will go away in Jesus' Name Amen"?

You have an identity and your voice is power, that's all I'm trying to say.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I had a friend on here that was experiencing something very similar and after speaking with him I encouraged him to go and get baptized to see if it changed anything and the results were amazing! To our surprise, he felt incredible once he got it done and the voices stopped altogether. He was so shocked and said it gave him much needed relief - we still concluded that he was schizophrenic, but may have been getting picked on, or was having his illness exploited. I cannot tell you what to do, but that was his outcome. God bless you, and know there is literally only one sin that cannot be forgiven. All the rest are respectable if you have a sincere heart, and strive for purity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums