Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I just finished a job, (for those who may not know I am/have been a general contractor for the past eight years-home remodeling and/or new construction), and have shuttered my business to prepare for going to Rhema in Tulsa, OK, starting in September. I may do some small jobs on my own between now and then for friends or family, but nothing more.

I have had a business partner for the past 3 years, since moving to Oklahoma, and he is also a christian, and went to the same church as I did until recently when they moved to another town nearby. When I first met him he was a christian, but not very knowledgeable of the Word, kinda new to the whole commitment to Jesus thing. I believe that I had a great influence on him while we worked together. He didn't know it, but I was discipling him, kinda in secret, I guess you could say. As partners we were equals so I did it by influence and suggestion, never acting like I was "teaching" him anything, if you know what I mean. But I always played good teaching CDs and podcasts as well as only christian music while at work, and we maintained a christian atmosphere at job sites.

He also has become my best friend here over the past three years. So we had to basically split the assets of the business, and part ways. I told him that I had mixed emotions, sadness, as well as excitement.

Sadness, because it was almost like we were getting a divorce or something because having a business partner is kinda like being married but without the sex. You have to make joint decisions about everthing, and you have to learn to compromise, because two people never look at everything the same.

Excitement because I could focus fully on what God was calling me to do now, which is Bible school, and then full time ministry. I know where I am headed, and what I need to do next. He doesn't have the same clarity, however, about his life. Nor does my wife. I wonder sometimes why so many people that love God don't seem to have a clear idea of what He has called them to, or where they are headed in life. My calling is clear, is that just unique to me? Are most people unclear as to where they are going in life?

So it is bittersweet for me, an interesting mix of emotions. But all that to say, that I know I have been only hit and miss around here lately, because I have been working, but I will be around more now, for awhile anyway, until school starts, then I am not sure how busy I will be...

I love you guys, and even when I haven't been posting, I come here often and read what is being said. I think of this part of the forum as my family, and thank you all for your faithfulness, and your perserverance. I don't want to start naming names, because I am sure to leave someone out, but thank you all, who wear the gold shield icon and post here. You are a great source of encouragement for me.

Peace...

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know the feeling bro, i had a business partner too and had to part ways to follow the call of God on my life... May God bless you abundantly in your new venture...

Mike.

Thanx Mike. You were definately one of the ones I was thinking of when I wrote the above post.

Peace...

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Excitement because I could focus fully on what God was calling me to do now, which is Bible school, and then full time ministry. (I know where I am headed, and what I need to do next.) He doesn't have the same clarity, however, about his life. Nor does my wife. I wonder sometimes why so many people that love God don't seem to have a clear idea of what He has called them to, or where they are headed in life. My calling is clear, is that just unique to me? Are most people unclear as to where they are going in life?

Peace...

Deuteronomy 28:1-14

1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.
3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7 The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
8 The Lord shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
9 The Lord shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, and walk in his ways.
10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the Lord; and they shall be afraid of thee.
11 And the Lord shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
12 The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
13 And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

There you go Dan, can't get any better than this, the blessing chapter for our lives...I pray you and your family share these promises, (this chapter has your family's name all through it...)

You will do "Greater Works"...

Upvote 0

PastorMike

Newry Christian Centre
Oct 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟26,530.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My calling is clear, is that just unique to me? Are most people unclear as to where they are going in life?

Peace...

Not unique maybe but definitely rare... We are about to sign for and move from our 100 seater sanctuary into a much bigger facility, the premises we have now is about 2500 sq feet and the new one will be about 9000 sq feet...

We will be right in the heart of the city with many outreach opportunities...

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
✟16,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
wow.... exciting new move for you.... so happy for you.... this is awesome....

you have always been a blessing here....

it would be good to have you around here more....
love to hear the good things GOD will do....
and the good things you will be learning....

prayers.... love..... blessings....

Reactions: dkbwarrior
Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Deuteronomy 28:1-14

1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.
3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7 The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
8 The Lord shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
9 The Lord shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, and walk in his ways.
10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the Lord; and they shall be afraid of thee.
11 And the Lord shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
12 The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
13 And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

There you go Dan, can't get any better than this, the blessing chapter for our lives...I pray you and your family share these promises, (this chapter has your family's name all through it...)

You will do "Greater Works"...

Leave it to you Harry, to make me laugh out loud with joy! Of course it is ours, thanx to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and thank you for the reminder!

Peace..

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not unique maybe but definitely rare... We are about to sign for and move from our 100 seater sanctuary into a much bigger facility, the premises we have now is about 2500 sq feet and the new one will be about 9000 sq feet...

That is absolutely awesome Mike. God is and will continue to manifest His blessing on all the word of your hands.

Peace...

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wow.... exciting new move for you.... so happy for you.... this is awesome....

you have always been a blessing here....

it would be good to have you around here more....
love to hear the good things GOD will do....
and the good things you will be learning....

prayers.... love..... blessings....

Thank you so much! Your blessing is well received here.

By the way, your posts have matured amazingly since you came here. Some of the things you have been saying in the debate forum, and here, wow, God has a calling on your life as a teacher of the Word, that much is evident!

Peace..

Upvote 0

PastorMike

Newry Christian Centre
Oct 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟26,530.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
That is absolutely awesome Mike. God is and will continue to manifest His blessing on all the word of your hands.

Peace...

Thanks bro... One key I learned and I think it is important to understand the will/heart of God...

God told me to... "Have no small vision..."

A small vision is something we can do, it is something easy to maintain but if we get way out beyond ourselves then we need the power of the Holy Spirit and the miracle power of God to sustain us...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are about to sign for and move from our 100 seater sanctuary into a much bigger facility, the premises we have now is about 2500 sq feet and the new one will be about 9000 sq feet...

Hey Mike, if you need any help moving, swing around and pick me up. I have a little time on my hands...:D same blessings to your new adventures...Awesome...

Even Greater Works...

Upvote 0

PastorMike

Newry Christian Centre
Oct 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟26,530.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hey Mike, if you need any help moving, swing around and pick me up. I have a little time on my hands...:D same blessings to your new adventures...Awesome...

Even Greater Works...

Thanks Harry, would love the help and the fellowship but Ohio is a little out of my way... lol...

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I have always wanted to go to Rhema. I visited back in the mid 80s, getting their magazine for a long time. It wasn't to be, even though going through teachings like I was in school for a long time was the case. I don't think that God held back from me as far as getting access to some excellent stuff.

Still, I remember when Hagin cruised by me in the parking lot with his silver Jag, I remember that I just wanted to abide in that place I often felt when I heard and read his teachings. A great place of peace. Although I had a more direct influence on my life with someone else, I consider him like a second father.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love you guys, and even when I haven't been posting, I come here often and read what is being said. I think of this part of the forum as my family, and thank you all for your faithfulness, and your perserverance. I don't want to start naming names, because I am sure to leave someone out, but thank you all, who wear the gold shield icon and post here. You are a great source of encouragement for me.

Peace...
Yes, it is like family - it IS family. We have one Father, one Lord, and one baptism.

May you continue to prosper and be and health even as your souls prospers.

Please stick around here. You're a great blessing! :thumbsup:

:hug:

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Well, I just finished a job, (for those who may not know I am/have been a general contractor for the past eight years-home remodeling and/or new construction), and have shuttered my business to prepare for going to Rhema in Tulsa, OK, starting in September. I may do some small jobs on my own between now and then for friends or family, but nothing more.

I have had a business partner for the past 3 years, since moving to Oklahoma, and he is also a christian, and went to the same church as I did until recently when they moved to another town nearby. When I first met him he was a christian, but not very knowledgeable of the Word, kinda new to the whole commitment to Jesus thing. I believe that I had a great influence on him while we worked together. He didn't know it, but I was discipling him, kinda in secret, I guess you could say. As partners we were equals so I did it by influence and suggestion, never acting like I was "teaching" him anything, if you know what I mean. But I always played good teaching CDs and podcasts as well as only christian music while at work, and we maintained a christian atmosphere at job sites.

He also has become my best friend here over the past three years. So we had to basically split the assets of the business, and part ways. I told him that I had mixed emotions, sadness, as well as excitement.

Sadness, because it was almost like we were getting a divorce or something because having a business partner is kinda like being married but without the sex. You have to make joint decisions about everthing, and you have to learn to compromise, because two people never look at everything the same.

Excitement because I could focus fully on what God was calling me to do now, which is Bible school, and then full time ministry. I know where I am headed, and what I need to do next. He doesn't have the same clarity, however, about his life. Nor does my wife. I wonder sometimes why so many people that love God don't seem to have a clear idea of what He has called them to, or where they are headed in life. My calling is clear, is that just unique to me? Are most people unclear as to where they are going in life?

So it is bittersweet for me, an interesting mix of emotions. But all that to say, that I know I have been only hit and miss around here lately, because I have been working, but I will be around more now, for awhile anyway, until school starts, then I am not sure how busy I will be...

Peace...

May the Lord fully bless you and your family, coming and going out, Rhema is a "seat of truth" in my estimation.

I look forward to hearing the things of Rhema from you on here.

Love to you, and all those with you

Franky

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks bro... One key I learned and I think it is important to understand the will/heart of God...

A small vision is something we can do, it is something easy to maintain but if we get way out beyond ourselves then we need the power of the Holy Spirit and the miracle power of God to sustain us...

Ain't that the truth!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Peace...

YEAAAAAAA! so glad that you are going to follow the calling God has on your life.

i understand the concern and hope you have both for your wife and for your business partner, that they too will hear their calling from God.
having been around pastors for a few years (we won't say how many of either the pastors or the years here ;) ) but it's often been my experience that God will deal with the pastor first, and then with his wife and family.

because each of the callings (pastor differs from pastor's wife or child) are different and they call for different graces and abilities, God gives each a separate calling and understanding...but there is a call, and the call to each will be designed to mesh together, make no mistake.

What God joined together and created as a unit, He will not split up.

it is good that you have this transition time to prepare for your next phase.
time to assess what you've learned, time to decide what to hang on to, and time to look forward with expectation to all that God will be teaching you in these next years.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Peace...
you are a blessing for anyone around you! God bless your calling, and may God bless you friend at his future.

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That is good advice Mike. I understand the wisdom of that, for sure

Peace...

Upvote 0