• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bitterness of societal values

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So lately it's been feeling like I have to choose between having a job and having a life.

In America literally all jobs are inconvenient hours and suck up all your time. That's like the definition of a job. Meanwhile, I read articles about how much time couples should spend together or families and it's as little as 15-30minutes a day to once a month. Point blank it's almost non existent compared to the amount of time spent working.

It's just so weird to me. I don't get it at all. I'm supposed to spend a majority of my time doing something I hate so I can get a small check which is mostly taken away from me by the government. And then I'm supposed to schedule insignificant amounts of time to see the people I actually like? And I do this all until I die.This is all just so I have enough money to have a home and food because if you don't the government places you in jail cause it's basically illegal in America to be homeless... And, let's not forget everything is way over priced so even if you have a job that takes up all your time, you can't afford anything anyway. America home of the slaves who think they're free.

It's just, I really hate my countries value system. And it's like I can't get away from it. I've been using flex jobs trying to find something that allows me to have a work/life balance but it's like either employers ask for outrageous hours or the job with good hours and good pay is impossible to get.

I just don't see how other do it. I mean I do cause alot of people just get married and have kids and spend no times with their families at all and end up divorced or with terrible kids, but this really isn't the life i want. But I feel like society chooses for me.

I mean what's the point of anything if all you have time for is work.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is possible to get to like the people you work with, and you can get to be like a family in your workplace. This does happen :)

And you can trust God, about this,

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is possible to get to like the people you work with, and you can get to be like a family in your workplace. This does happen :)

And you can trust God, about this,

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

I don't feel that way. Co-workers are people I'm forced to tolerate for a paycheck. Even though I've had people I got along with at work I'd still rather not see them. I honestly feel hostile toward co-workers.

I mean if co-workers become like your family what's the point of having a real family if all time is spent at work. Might as well date some guy at work never have kids and be best friends with gossipy cubicle neighbors like honestly coworker are not friends just no.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As a society there's certain roles that must be filled and work done. So communities and families can provide for their needs, which aren't usually abundant and free. It requires people to put their needs before their wants, else they'll have what they want and not what's needed (not only themselves, but others too).

Whether it's those at home or work, they're people in your life. It's best for yourself and them to have a positive mindset about it. Nothing is more poisonous, or this case a waste of time, than thinking the worse of your life and imagining how better it could be. My experience has been we tend to have a "the grass is always greener on the other side" mentality; an example is feeling you have too little free time and want more of it, then you get more free time and you feel it's too much (unfulfilled either way).

I agree with how better it would be for us, if it was easier to balance our lives. Sadly an ideal life isn't owed to us, we must struggle for it and make the most of it. Find what we can in it to accept what we have for the better and let the worse go.

Upvote 0

nutsofacto

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2018
Las Cruces, New Mexico
✟25,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with you!!! I'm 80 years old and did 20 scary years as a youngster to help improve things and they are much worse! HOWEVER! If you are a serious Christian believer you should know that what is happening is what God said will happen and it will continue to get worse until Jesus Christ returns any day during the next 4,000 years; but He WILL arrive one day and THAT'S when things will change. Meanwhile it's up to believers to take care of 'their patch' - to live a life of love and service DESPITE what is happening and please believe me, a life of peace and joy is POSSIBLE. But it's taken a long, long time and a LOT of help from God fpr me to get to that place. But sooner or later (maybe soon) I'll be with the Lord and I and I want Him to know I did the best I could to put up a good fight (with His help of course). Christians are so incredibly blessed to be given God's Spirit to help us 'hang in there' and when we see the kind of stuff you talked about you'll realize 'of course things are rotten' it's a fallen world ran by satan. Sorry I went on so...nutsofacto (doclaire@hotmail.com). May God RICHLY bless you always and in all ways.

Upvote 0

nutsofacto

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2018
Las Cruces, New Mexico
✟25,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Even with much persecution ? (pain and suffering)
Yes, for EVERYONE experiences 'pain and suffering' of some kind and to some degree - I have had to endure a lifetime of pain having been raised during the depression by a pedophile sister and then raped by a town policeman, the spending 20 years (some terrifying times) in the military I was hurting like heck for decades...even after I came to Christ things were awful by I persisted (I didn't have to - I could have taken the 'easy' way out but I persisted and my God was faithful and now I'm an old man (although my mind and spirit are young) and I could die any day, as could you, and I am REALLY READY and lookin forward to an ETERNITY, think of it; an ETERNITY of absolute PEACE and JOY!!!
So hang in there dear one and if I can be of any help to you I promise I will be available to you.
May God RICHLY, RICHLY bless you!! nutsofacto (doclaire@hotmail.com)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums