Visit site
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I need help! I feel like I'm going to scream! My toddler is turning my hair white! Seriously, though...I'm really in need of some Mommy advice. My 16mth old, Hannah, is now having at least 50 temper tantrums a day. She drops down on the floor, screams, get's up and goes about her day. When she isn't doing that when she's angry...she's biting us. I'm sure I don't sound too bad when I say that I have swatted her out of pure reaction to pain but, this has been going on for months. I've read that...well...you know...everyone has a theory in books. That's why I'm here asking you all how you handled this when and if it happened to you. Please, help...I'm really going nuts with this one.:bow: :bow: :bow:

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When Anna was having a real issue with biting, I started making her bite her own arm. I know, it doesn't sound like it would work. lol But, I would place her arm in her mouth, and if she didn't bite down hard enough, then I would "help" her with a little pressure on her jaw. Once she learned about the kind of pain she could inflict with her teeth, the biting stopped real fast.

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
my brothers daughter tried biting him ONCE when she was 2 because he told her to do something and she didn't want to do it and she started screaming and throwing a tantrum and then bit him. He gave her a spanking and looked her straight in the eyes and very firmly said "You WILL not bite me or anyone else ever again. Do you hear me". She said "yes" and has never bit again and that was a year ago. I am not even a spanking advocate. And he barely ever spanks either. I think she is 3 and a half and that was one of the two spankings she ever got..and thats why she KNEW he meant business! I hope i never have to spank my kid more than 2 or 3 times in his life to get my point across!
karen

Upvote 0