Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting article. I've worked with transgender people in the past, both times in the kitchen at restaurants, and I never got the impression that religious ideals were a major factor in improving their lives but maybe could have been. The first one I met was male to female without any surgery that I knew of, and "she" died of a pill overdose a few years after I met her. Her family buried her in a suit dressed as a man and buried her in an unmarked grave. The second one I worked with was years later and also male to female without any surgery and had much less makeup and looked more like a natural person. "Her" dad was a chef, and he commented that the kid seemed happier after taking on a girl's name. My impression from those two stories is that if the family just kind of lets the kid be more or less who they want to be, it turns out better. I think the first one came from a more traditional and baptist family and probably was less well accepted in general as a human being. That was also about 20 years ago. People are "generally" nicer today, even if they don't agree or understand what's going on with the person.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article:

New Ways Ministry has faced correction from leading U.S. bishops in the past, including a 2011 statement from Cardinal Donald Wuerl of Washington. A February 2010 from Cardinal Francis George of Chicago, then-president of the U.S. Bishops Conference, said the group's claim to be Catholic "only confuses the faithful regarding the authentic teaching and ministry of the Church with respect to persons with a homosexual inclination."

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
From the article:

New Ways Ministry has faced correction from leading U.S. bishops in the past, including a 2011 statement from Cardinal Donald Wuerl of Washington. A February 2010 from Cardinal Francis George of Chicago, then-president of the U.S. Bishops Conference, said the group's claim to be Catholic "only confuses the faithful regarding the authentic teaching and ministry of the Church with respect to persons with a homosexual inclination."

Wolves in the hen house.

Upvote 0