• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bishop Zubic: "The Obama Administration Is Telling Catholics, 'To Hell With You'"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wolseley, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+1,465
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Bp. Zubik (D. Pittsburgh) on Obama to Catholic Church: “To Hell with You.” | Fr. Z's Blog – What Does The Prayer Really Say?

Bishops rip HHS mandate; Bishop Zubik: ‘to hell with you’ : News Headlines - Catholic Culture

Pittsburgh bishop: contraception mandate tells Catholics 'To hell with you!' :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

2. Merope

Merope Well-Known Member

+33
    Baptist
    Single
    Actually what they're saying is "we're giving you more time". Which in government vs. religion cases is a way of saying "we don't have confidence that the decision will be upheld anyway so we're giving you a chance to bloviate now BEFORE it becomes an election issue".

3. AtheistVet

AtheistVet Guest

+0
    That's fine with me, Catholics have been saying "to hell with you" to me for years.

4. Autumnleaf

Autumnleaf Legend

+936
    Charismatic
    Married
    I wonder which percentage of US voters are Catholic and how many of them Obama is prepared to part with over this.

5. AtheistVet

AtheistVet Guest

+0
    Most reasonable catholics don't fall for the anti-contraception foolishness.

6. Autumnleaf

Autumnleaf Legend

+936
    Charismatic
    Married
    How do you know?

7. AtheistVet

AtheistVet Guest

+0
    Ask some of the Catholics here if I'm wrong.

8. TheDag

TheDag I don't like titles

+197
    Christian
    Single
    blatent scare mongering by the priests & bishops involved. They are telling the catholic church that they need to respect their non-catholic employees beliefs. however it sems the catholics want people to respect their beliefs but ride roughshod over others.

Considering the teaching is based on incorrect interpretation of a bible passage as they totally ignore tradition when interpreting that verse. So it isn't a religious issue as far as I'm concerned.

9. chris4243

chris4243 Advocate of Truth

+50
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I didn't appreciate having to pay for the war on Iraq. This isn't much different.

10. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+1,465
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Funny thing you should mention that---I might add that all reasonable Catholics don't fall for the atheist foolishness.

11. AtheistVet

AtheistVet Guest

+0
    Bazinga!

12. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

+252
    Other Religion
    Private
    US-Others
    They should give their employees the full health benefits. Easy answer.