• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Bishop Zubic: "The Obama Administration Is Telling Catholics, 'To Hell With You'"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wolseley, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+2,017
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Bp. Zubik (D. Pittsburgh) on Obama to Catholic Church: “To Hell with You.” | Fr. Z's Blog – What Does The Prayer Really Say?

Bishops rip HHS mandate; Bishop Zubik: ‘to hell with you’ : News Headlines - Catholic Culture

Pittsburgh bishop: contraception mandate tells Catholics 'To hell with you!' :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Merope

Merope Well-Known Member

+33
    Baptist
    Single
    Actually what they're saying is "we're giving you more time". Which in government vs. religion cases is a way of saying "we don't have confidence that the decision will be upheld anyway so we're giving you a chance to bloviate now BEFORE it becomes an election issue".

3. AtheistVet

AtheistVet Guest

+0
    That's fine with me, Catholics have been saying "to hell with you" to me for years.

4. Autumnleaf

Autumnleaf Legend

+947
    Charismatic
    Married
    I wonder which percentage of US voters are Catholic and how many of them Obama is prepared to part with over this.

5. AtheistVet

AtheistVet Guest

+0
    Most reasonable catholics don't fall for the anti-contraception foolishness.

6. Autumnleaf

Autumnleaf Legend

+947
    Charismatic
    Married
    How do you know?

7. AtheistVet

AtheistVet Guest

+0
    Ask some of the Catholics here if I'm wrong.

8. TheDag

TheDag I don't like titles

+248
    Christian
    Single
    blatent scare mongering by the priests & bishops involved. They are telling the catholic church that they need to respect their non-catholic employees beliefs. however it sems the catholics want people to respect their beliefs but ride roughshod over others.

Considering the teaching is based on incorrect interpretation of a bible passage as they totally ignore tradition when interpreting that verse. So it isn't a religious issue as far as I'm concerned.

9. chris4243

chris4243 Advocate of Truth

+51
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I didn't appreciate having to pay for the war on Iraq. This isn't much different.

10. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+2,017
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Funny thing you should mention that---I might add that all reasonable Catholics don't fall for the atheist foolishness.

11. AtheistVet

AtheistVet Guest

+0
    Bazinga!

12. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

+262
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    US-Others
    They should give their employees the full health benefits. Easy answer.