Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your post here:

JW's aren't Christian.

This thread is a witch hunt looking for them, was a statement or claim made in this thread that you did not refute.

What I said is based on your belief that only non Christians refuse to celebrate Christmas, and your intention behind the creation of this thread.

Just so you know, traditionally Quakers and Puritans never did celebrate Christmas and that bled into the Baptist faith somewhat in America and still holds to this day in some, more remote, parts of the United States.

In Boston from 1659 - 1681 Christmas celebration of all manner was banned..

So no.. it's not only nonChristians, many Christians used to hold, and some still do, to a tradition of not celebrating Christmas.

The Surprising Truth: Christians Once Banned Christmas
Thanks for sharing. I had forgotten that about the Puritans & Quakers.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God celebrated Jesus birth with an angel anouncement and huge celebration in the sky. it was kinda a big deal to God so i have no problem celebrating birthdays as well.
They did it only once, at the birth itself, so it does not qualify as being what we are referring to.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Santa Clause? Billions of dollars spent in decorations and presents? Oh it's just oh so religious isn't it? "Happy Holidays" lumping eid observances (when possible), Hanukkah and more in just emphasizes that Christ has nothing to do with this holiday in the west

Of course it's not a religious observance and your post here equating it to shopping at WalMart and birthday celebrations only serves to emphasise that fact.

Now, if in your heart you want to observe a date that Christ was born go ahead, but its something on your heart and has nothing to do with being a command of God - it's a cultural choice and that is all..

Our Lord and Savior could have been born a million times and wouldn't be the Messiah and Savior if He had not died and rose again on the third day..

And THAT is why we observe Passover in honor of His victory, and in celebration of our salvation..

Now look who refuses to celebrate that day and you may know who is and is not Christian. if you care to know the truth about people..

But Christmas? Give me a break.. let people do what is in their hearts.
Santa Claus not religious? How is "Saint Nick" not a religious reference?
Of course, the sacred has been mixed with the profane, but association being fully denied seems forced.

• Agree
Reactions: gordonhooker
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mark 5:23
begging Him to heal his daughter. Jairus: My daughter is dying, and she’s only 12 years old. Please come to my house. Just place Your hands on her. I know that if You do, she will live.

Luke 3:23
At this, the launch of Jesus’ ministry, Jesus was about 30 years old. He was assumed to be the son of Joseph, the son of Eli,

Acts 4:21-22
The council threatened them again, but finally let them go because public opinion strongly supported Peter and John and this man who had received this miraculous sign. He was over 40 years old, so his situation was known to many people, and they couldn’t help but glorify God for his healing.

1 Timothy 5:9
Now only these should be put on the widow registry: a woman who is at least 60 years old, was a faithful wife to one husband,

Genesis 5 The Voice (VOICE)
5 Here now is the account of Adam’s descendants. You remember, when God created humans, He made them in His own likeness. 2 He created them male and female; and after creating them, God put a special blessing on them and named them “humanity.”

3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son who looked just like him. He was Adam’s spitting image, and so resembled God too. Adam named him Seth. 4 After Seth was born, Adam lived another 800 years, and he had other sons and daughters as well. 5 So Adam was 930 years old when he died.

6 When Seth had lived 105 years, he fathered a son named Enosh. 7 After Enosh was born, Seth lived another 807 years, and he also had other sons and daughters. 8 He was 912 years old when he died.

9 When Enosh had lived 90 years, he fathered a son named Kenan. 10 After Kenan was born, Enosh lived another 815 years, and he had other sons and daughters too. 11 He was 905 years old when he died.

12 When Kenan had lived 70 years, he fathered a son named Mahalalel. 13 After Mahalalel was born, Kenan lived another 840 years, and he had other sons and daughters. 14 He was 910 years old when he died.

15 When Mahalalel had lived 65 years, he fathered a son named Jared. 16 After Jared was born, Mahalalel lived another 830 years, and he, too, had other sons and daughters. 17 He was 895 years old when he died.

18 When Jared had lived 162 years, he fathered a son named Enoch. 19 After Enoch was born, Jared lived another 800 years, and he had other sons and daughters. 20 He was 962 years old when he died.

21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he fathered a son named Methuselah. 22 After Methuselah was born, Enoch lived in a close relationship with God for 300 more years; he also had other sons and daughters. 23 He lived to be 365 years old, 24 but Enoch had such a close and intimate relationship with God that one day he just vanished—God took him.

Enoch leaves this world in an unusual way. He is taken without experiencing death. But he is not the last.

25 When Methuselah had lived 187 years, he fathered a son named Lamech. 26 After Lamech was born, Methuselah lived another 782 years, and he also had other sons and daughters. 27 He was 969 years old when he died.

28 When Lamech had lived 182 years, he fathered a son 29 named Noah. He named him this because he predicted, “From out of the ground the Eternal cursed will now come someone who will bring relief from our work and painful toil.” 30 After Noah was born, Lamech lived another 595 years, and he had other sons and daughters. 31 He was 777 years old when he died.

32 Now by the time Noah was 500 years old, he had fathered three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Exodus 6:18
Kohath’s sons—Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel. Kohath lived to be 133 yearsold.

Numbers 1:3
Furthermore, those who are 20 years old or older shall be considered potential soldiers. Aaron can help you organize them into groups and record them as armies.

Joshua 14:7
I was 40 years old when Moses, the Eternal’s servant, sent me out from Kadesh-barnea to spy out the land of Canaan. I brought back an honest report.

Jeremiah 52:1
Zedekiah was 21 years old when he became king. His reign in Jerusalem lasted for a total of 11 years. His mother was Hamutal, the daughter of Jeremiah of Libnah

i hadnt thought of it like that, how would we know how old we are if we didnt celebrate birthdays. i wouldnt know i was old if my birthday wasnt marked off each year!! i'm glad where i am we make them a happy time.
i love celebrating birthdays :) especially my nephews and neice, they get so excited and i love making them feel special and celebrating who they are. its teaches them to give joy to others too...and its another excuse for me to buy them presents :) i do other times too but birthdays are a great opportunity to give. mind you it is something i find great joy in giving so i look forward to being able to do that a lot!! birthdays are about giving. its a beautiful thing. the wise men came with gifts historians reckon it was a couple of years after Jesus was born, with presents celebrating His birth, how wonderful it would have been to see them turn up with presents!!! its a happy time :)
a friend of mine loves to celebrate everything, birthdays, milestones, getting a new job, anything and everything is a reason to have an event and celebrate, its a joy to be around! :) makes me smile just thinking about it. it is a glimpse of God to me the way she is about life. i think God must be like that, celebrating life with joy :)

Attachments

• jesus-smiling2.jpg
    jesus-smiling2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i hadnt thought of it like that, how would we know how old we are if we didnt celebrate birthdays. i wouldnt know i was old if my birthday wasnt marked off each year!! i'm glad where i am we make them a happy time.
i love celebrating birthdays :) especially my nephews and neice, they get so excited and i love making them feel special and celebrating who they are. its teaches them to give joy to others too...and its another excuse for me to buy them presents :) i do other times too but birthdays are a great opportunity to give. mind you it is something i find great joy in giving so i look forward to being able to do that a lot!! birthdays are about giving. its a beautiful thing. the wise men came with gifts historians reckon it was a couple of years after Jesus was born, with presents celebrating His birth, how wonderful it would have been to see them turn up with presents!!! its a happy time :)
a friend of mine loves to celebrate everything, birthdays, milestones, getting a new job, anything and everything is a reason to have an event and celebrate, its a joy to be around! :) makes me smile just thinking about it. it is a glimpse of God to me the way she is about life. i think God must be like that, celebrating life with joy :)

Luke 15:8-10
“Or if there is a woman who has ten silver coins, if she should lose one, won’t she take a lamp and sweep and search the house from top to bottom until she finds it? And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together. ‘Come and celebrate with me’, she says, ‘for I have found that coin I lost.’ I tell you, it is the same in Heaven—there is rejoicing among the angels of God over one sinner whose heart is changed.”

If one celebrates because they found a coin they lost, how much more should we Celebrate with others for personal matters?

When a person comes to Christ there is celebration in heaven. Let it be on earth as it is in heaven.

Upvote 0