• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured Birthdays and the Bible

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Not David, Oct 1, 2018.

1. gordonhooker

gordonhooker Franciscan tssf Supporter

+1,040
    Anglican
    Married
    The fact that you survived it is though.....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Rick Otto

Rick Otto The Dude Abides

+6,444
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    LOL! I love your attitude, brother.

3. Rick Otto

+6,444
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Thanks for sharing. I had forgotten that about the Puritans & Quakers.

4. Rick Otto

+6,444
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    They did it only once, at the birth itself, so it does not qualify as being what we are referring to.

5. Rick Otto

+6,444
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Santa Claus not religious? How is "Saint Nick" not a religious reference?
    Of course, the sacred has been mixed with the profane, but association being fully denied seems forced.

6. StillGods

StillGods Well-Known Member

+1,019
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    i hadnt thought of it like that, how would we know how old we are if we didnt celebrate birthdays. i wouldnt know i was old if my birthday wasnt marked off each year!! i'm glad where i am we make them a happy time.
    i love celebrating birthdays :) especially my nephews and neice, they get so excited and i love making them feel special and celebrating who they are. its teaches them to give joy to others too...and its another excuse for me to buy them presents :) i do other times too but birthdays are a great opportunity to give. mind you it is something i find great joy in giving so i look forward to being able to do that a lot!! birthdays are about giving. its a beautiful thing. the wise men came with gifts historians reckon it was a couple of years after Jesus was born, with presents celebrating His birth, how wonderful it would have been to see them turn up with presents!!! its a happy time :)
    a friend of mine loves to celebrate everything, birthdays, milestones, getting a new job, anything and everything is a reason to have an event and celebrate, its a joy to be around! :) makes me smile just thinking about it. it is a glimpse of God to me the way she is about life. i think God must be like that, celebrating life with joy :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  7. Daniel Marsh

Daniel Marsh Well-Known Member

+1,273
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Luke 15:8-10
    “Or if there is a woman who has ten silver coins, if she should lose one, won’t she take a lamp and sweep and search the house from top to bottom until she finds it? And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together. ‘Come and celebrate with me’, she says, ‘for I have found that coin I lost.’ I tell you, it is the same in Heaven—there is rejoicing among the angels of God over one sinner whose heart is changed.”

If one celebrates because they found a coin they lost, how much more should we Celebrate with others for personal matters?

When a person comes to Christ there is celebration in heaven. Let it be on earth as it is in heaven.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List