Birth of the church?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Every time a person looks at it, and thinks that it is "like a human thinking", it is a disgrace, disgusting thought, comparing that creature to
man that was created in Yahweh's Image. i.e. idolatry, perversion.

Or, more simply, Yahweh says so.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every time a person looks at it, and thinks that it is "like a human thinking", it is a disgrace, disgusting thought, comparing that creature to
man that was created in Yahweh's Image. i.e. idolatry, perversion.

Or, more simply, Yahweh says so.

I don't want to offend anyone, so I changed my avatar to something I hope is more appropriate.

I just thought the thinking monkey was funny in line with my username.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't want to offend anyone, so I changed my avatar to something I hope is more appropriate.

I am very thankful to you, as are others who had stumbled over that for a while but said nothing.
Rather we are thankful to YAHWEH our CREATOR for you and along with you and with all the Ekklesia/ all the saints today, overflowing now with more pure praise to Yahweh through Jesus Christ our always present Lord and Savior who is
Precious and Faithful and Dependable every day with the
Father in heaven , helping us immediately when we call for help or for any need at all as He Delights over us with singing ! (YES ! YAHWEH SINGS OVER US!!!!! AMAZING POWER AND GRACE AND DELIGHT AND HONOR!)

SHALOM in JESUS TODAY, to you and your household @food4thought .

• Friendly
Reactions: food4thought
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am still working this out for myself... it is obvious that the gospel preached before the resurrection, the gospel of the Kingdom, is different from the DBR. What is not so obvious to me yet is that Peter proclaimed a different gospel to the Jews than Paul preached to the gentiles.

I am still of the opinion that repentance and baptism are a part of Paul's gospel... note that Paul baptized some in Corinth (1 Corinthians 1:13-17), yet he said that baptism wasn't his purpose, proclaiming the gospel was (indicating that baptism was never an essential for salvation). Yet he did baptize. As far as repentance goes, note Romans 2:4, 2 Corinthians 7:9-10, 2 Timothy 2:25, and Hebrews 6:1.

God bless you;
Michael
Hi Michael
I am believing that it is actually the same gospel however the early jewish people could not see the "mystery" part of "God's grace extended to us "unclean gentiles"
They couldn't comprehend us receiving salvation by doing nothing but believing?
Since Paul was a jew of the jews and his heart was for them, and I think he originally baptised to appease the jews just as he circumcised Timothy just to not offend the early church.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The first true Christ followers came thousands of years before the resurrection.

1Cor10v1For I do not want you to be ignorant, brothers,......
That's a great starting phrase..

......…..that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea. 2And all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3and all ate the same spiritual food, 4and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they were drinking from the spiritual rock accompanying them, and the rock was Christ.

The tribe of Israel departed Egypt under the leadership of Moses, one of the greatest of Christ followers in scripture,
Hebrews11v26(Moses)having esteemed the reproach of Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt; for he was looking toward the reward.

There were of course many others Christ followers besides Moses.-
Abel, Enoch, Noah Rahab, Ruth etc. all followed Christ and were all part of the Church of the living God.
Yes they were all Israel and jews. They were saved by faith and works because they had to make sacrifices yearly. Now fortunately we gentiles are saved by His grace through our faith as Christ is the final sacrifice.
We are "grafted" into the tree

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
There is no "church body" in the New Testament, which is what I was asking (why)/(if) you had any Bible reference.

The body of Christ, the temple Yahweh built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus being the chief cornerstone (the stone ALL the other stones (living stones) are patterned after),
is not a "church body" in the Bible, anywhere. So if you look for the start of something that is not, there is no start, see? And no middle, and no end (in Scripture).
1 Cor 3:10,11 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The symbolism points to water baptism, IMO, as there is no DBR in the spiritual baptism interpretation.
I believe the water baptism was part of the old levitical law. The jews had all kinds of purification rituals, However John the Baptist brought the baptism of repentance which foreshadowed what Christ would do.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate

It never bothered me friend, God made monkeys and everything else and He saw that it was good. Do not worry and use whatever you like for your avatar. You will know them by their fruit ;)

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
footnote: using an image of a monkey is dis-honoring Jesus.
Why would that be? Monkeys are creatures just as other animals and He created them. Is a fish symbol dishonouring? Or a butterfly? Or SpiderMan?
Just an Avatar friend. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Michael
I am believing that it is actually the same gospel however the early jewish people could not see the "mystery" part of "God's grace extended to us "unclean gentiles"
They couldn't comprehend us receiving salvation by doing nothing but believing?
Since Paul was a jew of the jews and his heart was for them, and I think he originally baptised to appease the jews just as he circumcised Timothy just to not offend the early church.

That is possible. I am still hesitant to believe that, though.

God bless you in your study of His Word!
Michael

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate

Michael
You too brother, I know God will bless us as we continue to seek His truths :] I love to study His Word.

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

Michael
Yes, not only hesitate - but do not give in to believe such until after testing by Yahweh's Word proves something true, of any message.

Imagine compared to accepting a new car that they say gets 50mpg.
Fine ?
But if after testing for a few weeks, it is only getting 12mpg... time is past to reconsider, eh?

Likewise Yahweh provides in His Word many descriptions of people.
Descriptions of people of the world (most of the world, dead in sin),

and descriptions of people born from above, Ekklesia born by the Will of Yahweh, not by the will of man, nor of the flesh.

There's an eternal difference! And many other BIG differences Yahweh points out in His Word,
between those of the old nature, the old self, of the world, or the devil,

and those born of Yahweh, by His Will (no man can accomplish).

Walking in the LIGHT (1st John) is a much different life than walking in darkness with no LIGHT.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
1 Cor 3:10,11 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
? non-sequitur ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes they were all Israel and jews. They were saved by faith and works because they had to make sacrifices yearly. Now fortunately we gentiles are saved by His grace through our faith as Christ is the final sacrifice.
We are "grafted" into the tree
Yes, as written, some are grafted in. Most never are.
And some can be cut out as the original branches were cut out.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, not only hesitate - but do not give in to believe such until after testing by Yahweh's Word proves something true, of any message.

Yes, I have discovered that it is much better to consider things carefully before I post.

Imagine compared to accepting a new car that they say gets 50mpg.
Fine ?
But if after testing for a few weeks, it is only getting 12mpg... time is past to reconsider, eh?

Not sure what you are trying to say with this analogy.

Likewise Yahweh provides in His Word many descriptions of people.
Descriptions of people of the world (most of the world, dead in sin),

and descriptions of people born from above, Ekklesia born by the Will of Yahweh, not by the will of man, nor of the flesh.

There's an eternal difference! And many other BIG differences Yahweh points out in His Word,
between those of the old nature, the old self, of the world, or the devil,

and those born of Yahweh, by His Will (no man can accomplish).

Walking in the LIGHT (1st John) is a much different life than walking in darkness with no LIGHT.

There is a big difference, but we all stumble in many ways (James 3:2)... praise God for His many mercies! If not for the blood of Christ, I would be headed for the lake of fire. Why He chose me is something I simply do not comprehend. All glory to the Father through Jesus Christ my Lord!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, I have discovered that it is much better to consider things carefully before I post.
Well, yes, that is also good,
and I meant before believing any message from anyone else, including as written in Scripture any message from a religious leader or teacher, TEST IT by SCRIPTURE. (like the famous blessed Bereans)

Not sure what you are trying to say with this analogy.
If a car, after testing , is not as it was said to be,
just as a person or a message, if after testing is shown not to be true of God, then don't accept it as true.
There is a big difference, but we all stumble in many ways (James 3:2)..
Yahweh's Word shows very clearly what happens if someone simply stumbles - no big deal usually as HE UPHOLDS US with the STRENGTH of HIS RIGHT HAND (we are not cast out),

and what happens if someone is apostate or a false teacher , and if anathema (accursed).

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Church started at Pentacost with the out pouring of The Holy Spirit.
All who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour are part of the body of Christ and And His Church where He is the head.
Born again believers after the death, burial , and resurrection of Jesus Christ are part of the body of Christ (Church) and have the indwelling of The Holy Spirit which was poured out on the day of Pentacost.
The Church has grown enormously since that day (amen!) over 2,000 years.
And the gates of hell shall not prevail against it!

Imagine a world without the Bride (Church) of Christ and The Holy Spirit.
I say this because there will be a time when the Church (Bride of Christ) will not be here , for the Groom (Christ) shall come to remove her to prepare for the marriage supper of the Lamb.

He that hath an ear , let him hear...

All glory be to God now and forever!
Thank God for the empty "borrowed" tomb.
Amen!

Upvote 0