Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sitting in my studio on New Year's Day, while watching it rain, I decided to have another Big Year. But not a Big Year Big Year, just a Pima County Big Year. I'm hoping to break my record of 255 species that I had in 2013.

And since this is a good time to set goals, I've decided I'd like to hit 500 species for my North American life list. I've been languishing in the high 400's for too long. With trips planned to Tennessee in the spring, Oregon in the late summer and Vermont in the autumn, I should be able to attain that goal fairly easily. What would be fun would be to that number in southern Arizona. It can be done, but I would have to chase birds, which I don't really like to do.

At any rate, what follows are the birds I've seen so far this year in order of appearance along with my eBird checklists and any photos which I feel inspired to share.

If any of you are up to a challenge and want to see if you can identify more birds in the next calendar year that I can identify in my backyard on any given afternoon, let me know.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
1.) Mourning Dove, 2.) House Finch, 3). Phainopepla, 4.) Yellow-rumped Warbler, 5.) Northern Mockingbird, 6.) Gila Woodpecker, 7.) Verdin, 8.) Black-tailed Gnatcather, 9.) Vermilion Flycatcher, 10.) Common Raven 11.) European Starling

Sign In

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
21.) Song Sparrow, 22.) Gamble's Quail, 23.) Northern Shoveler, 24.) American Coot (if Colin wanted to be a bird he'd be this one) , 25.) Ruddy Duck, 26.) Abert's Towhee, 27.) Orange-crowned Warbler, 28.) Common Yellowthroat, 29.) Sora, 30.) Pied-billed Grebe, 31.) Red-winged Blackbird, 32.) Brewer's Sparrow, 33.) Mallard, 34.) Marsh Wren, 35.) Ring-necked Duck

Sign In

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,187.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
48.) American Merganser, 49.) Great Egret, 50.) Great Blue Heron, 51.) Green Heron, 52.) Belted Kingfisher, 53.) Greater Roadrunner

Sign In

♪♫ Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves ♫♪

♪♫ and a Partri-idge in a Pear Treeeeeee! ♫♪ :wave:

• Haha
Reactions: Colin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Neo-tropic Cormorant at Reid Park. These used to be rare in the US. I saw over 30 yesterday.

IMG_2937.JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.