• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bipolar Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolySpiritWarrior

Learnin' HIS Ways...
Jan 10, 2004
Wheelwright, KY
✟871.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes I think I am bipolar. I go through phases of extreme ups and downs and sometimes its hard but something I've seen that has really helped is just giving it over to God. Since then those periods haven't been nearly as severe.

This thread basicly is to share any experiences you may have had with Bipolar disorder or a family member with bibpolar disorder. Don't be ashamed, Bipolar disorder is something that you just have. Theres nothing wrong with that. God made you the way you are for a reason never forget that.

I

I'ddie4him

I have Bipolar Disorder myself, I have what the term Rapid cycling Bipolar.
Without my Lithium on a daily basis, My moods swings are rapid and quite severe.
Often changing on a daily basis, Up one day and down the next or if it's real bad, Changing during the day even. I was diagnosed about 10 years ago and I think that without the Lithium, I would have been in the psych ward for good by now.

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Niamh said:
I think I have might bipolar disorder. I could be really, really, really happy and laughing the whole time and my mood could be totallyelated and later on in the day I could be totally depressed and cutting myself or thinking of suicide.
It would be wise to seek professional help then.

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
HolySpiritWarrior said:
Sometimes I think I am bipolar. I go through phases of extreme ups and downs and sometimes its hard but something I've seen that has really helped is just giving it over to God. Since then those periods haven't been nearly as severe.

This thread basicly is to share any experiences you may have had with Bipolar disorder or a family member with bibpolar disorder. Don't be ashamed, Bipolar disorder is something that you just have. Theres nothing wrong with that. God made you the way you are for a reason never forget that.
Do you stay awake for days at a time, or have severe mood swings?

Upvote 0
I

I'ddie4him

Thats a few of the signs, When you are feeling high, Do you have any urges to go on spending sprees ?
Long periods of no sleep ?
On the depressive days, Do you feel like you will never be happy again ?
I could name off a whole list for you, But, These are a few of the real concrete signs that you may have Bipolar....
Please let us know how things are going and what you find out.

Upvote 0
I

I'ddie4him

Bipolar Disorder is a Chemical imbalance in the Brain that causes extreme highs and lows in the affected persons moods.
They are quite severe and have caused some people to commit suicide due to the depths of depression that they go thru.
There is alot of stuff that needs to be dealt with and alot of testing that needs to be done before a diagnosis can be accurately made.
You can do a Google search for Bipolar Depression or Manic Depressive Disorder, You will be better able to understand it if you read a bit.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If anyone wants to know what the signs of Bipolar illness are, just let me know. I go through it every two weeks when I go to the doctors office.

I'm a 10 year diagnosed Bipolar II disorder. It has been a rough and rocky ride, ending up in hospital twice due to attempted suicides, $10,000 shopping sprees, a destroyed marriage, etc, but I sure would be happy to share with others who think they have it or have been diagnosed with same.

For the curious, I recommend http://www.mentalhealth.com as a good starting point.

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWarrior

Learnin' HIS Ways...
Jan 10, 2004
Wheelwright, KY
✟871.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'ddie4him said:
Thats a few of the signs, When you are feeling high, Do you have any urges to go on spending sprees ?
Long periods of no sleep ?
On the depressive days, Do you feel like you will never be happy again ?
I could name off a whole list for you, But, These are a few of the real concrete signs that you may have Bipolar....
Please let us know how things are going and what you find out.

Yeah actually... Those are all things I do. I am going to go seek hlep about htis some time this month. I'm Hoping that Everything goes well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
HolySpiritWarrior said:
Yeah actually... Those are all things I do. I am going to go seek hlep about htis some time this month. I'm Hoping that Everything goes well.
Did you go read the signs and symptoms of bipolar disorder at www.mentalhealth.com ? They have a comprehensive section on it there. I would STRONGLY suggest going over there to understand what it's all about and what the signs and symptoms are. The forum is no substitute for expert knowledge, believe me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One thing I can share from my own experience.. Bipolar Disorder can be devastating and even deadly (it almost was for me). I implore you then. If you have a suspicion that you are, and that link I provided even affirms it, please don't hesitate to go see a qualified psychiatrist and have them make an accurate diagnosis. The sooner you get on the right path and get treatment, the better it will be for you and yours.

Don't delay.

Upvote 0
I

I'ddie4him

drfeelgood said:
One thing I can share from my own experience.. Bipolar Disorder can be devastating and even deadly (it almost was for me). I implore you then. If you have a suspicion that you are, and that link I provided even affirms it, please don't hesitate to go see a qualified psychiatrist and have them make an accurate diagnosis. The sooner you get on the right path and get treatment, the better it will be for you and yours.

Don't delay.
I 2nd this very highly, Please go to see a proffesional soon.

Upvote 0

bnkessler

Jul 7, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟274.00
Faith
Christian
Off the top of my head, I do not know a great deal about this disorder, but I do know of many people with it. What people tell me if that medication works best for this and you will feel so much better if you take medication. If you're wondering if you have it, go talk to your doctor and he will be able to help you figure out if you do indeed have this. Goodluck.
Love, Briana

Upvote 0

crybabyblue

Jul 9, 2004
Kentucky, USA
✟15,117.00
Faith
Christian
I'm bipolar. when i am around people i tend to be eccentric, spontaneous, funny...but when i'm by myself i tend to become depressed, suicidal, irritable...the works. alast year i threatened to kill myself, and my parents took me to a psychiatrist and put me on prozac. if you think you may be bipolar then please get help soon. if i hadnt i probably wouldn't be here today.
peace, love, empathy, Meagan

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.