• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bipolar & BPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamfree

Sep 4, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
hello...I just found this this afternoon and was sort of excited that something like this existed! As my Title reads I am both bipo & bpd. This has not been a fun week for me as the illness has caused me to second-guess my salvation (because of all the "bad" stuff I've done). I was just wondering if anyone out there has ideas about picking yourself up to go on to serve God???:pray:

mpshiel

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2003
I've been told "Sodom" so I guess that's close eno
Visit site
✟11,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I have found that while others may seen emotions themselves as a sin (like being depressed or suicidal) that simply can't be so because everyone from Jesus down seems to have experience them - so the emotions themselves are just a normal condition. Now what you do while in those emotions can be detrimental. I have a motto: "I can't control how I feel, but I can control what I do with those feelings." - If I get manic, am I going to probably start overspending (like for instance when I tried to corner the market by trying to buying ALL the copies of one book). But that's not a sin, and if I make promises to a person I care about saying "I will not spend more than X" well, that is a promise I can keep manic or not. It is like hypersexuality in the mania phase. You don't HAVE to sleep around, you can just end up telling totally inappropriate jokes. But if you don't understand that they are inappropriate, then it isn't a sin. It comes from the intent of the heart. Same with depression. To do nothing at all is not a sin. To do something to intentionally hurt someone else is.

Upvote 0

California_Steamin

Oct 22, 2004
✟113.00
Faith
Baptist
What youve done in the past doesnt matter, what matters is, that you believe what Jesus did in the past. We are not saved by works, good or bad, but by Grace(Jesus dying for/in place of us), And when you add mental health problems, I believe that Jesus has an extra spot in his heart for us. He hates to see people suffer. We are in a way like autistic kids, its out of our control. The best thing to do is find the med combo that works for you. More than likely, with BP, its lifelong. But Jesus has something great waiting for us, remember, he came for the sick, not the well. At least not for people who think they are perfect/well...... Keep Believing in the power of the unseen. If Jesus choses to heal us on Earth, right on, if in Heaven, Right on......Either way, he loves us!! Keep your head up.

Love,

California_Steamin

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.