1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Bipolar and religion

Discussion in 'Bipolar Disorder' started by DeFyYing, Feb 28, 2022.

1. DeFyYing

DeFyYing New Member

+13
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    For most of my life religion has been very important to me, but the more I reflect on it the more I see how it is a constantly-oscillating point of doubt to complete confidence that moves in sync with my bipolar disorder. When I'm manic, believing becomes much easier, I think God is talking to me, etc. When I'm depressed I'm more doubtful and discouraged in my belief, looking to external opinions and consensus to make decisions. And when I'm stable... I don't even know what I believe in anymore. I suppose it's belief because that's my default, but I can't help but wonder if I would still believe if I wasn't bipolar. And as someone who is considering pursuing theological studies, it's painful to think about.

2. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,442
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Stop thinking about it. Make a decision. Belief is a choice. God's word is truth. Stand on the truth and you won't go wrong. You know why you struggle. During the hard times, start declaring truth. The Bible says that if we confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in our hearts that He rose from the dead, we will be saved. You can use the word "delivered" instead of "saved". This applies at this moment just as much as the day you first believed. Doubt your doubts! God's word is true no matter how you feel or think. You may change, God's word does not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. tobyw

tobyw New Member

+50
    Belarus
    Christian
    Private
    It's interesting how one's conscious beliefs can change with shift in mood. Brains are strange things.

4. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,442
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    That is why it is so important to have a foundation in truth. Feelings are utterly unreliable, and that's all that a "mood" is. God intends for His people to live by truth. It's truth that sets us free.