• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Biological psychiatry is a pseudoscience

stumpy82

May 29, 2015
✟15,274.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In 2011 I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia

In 2015 diagnosed with Major depressive disorder

In 2016 diagnosed with Bipolar 1&2 and also anosognosia (poor insight and judgement) because I disagreed with the government doctors.

In 2017 diagnosed with high performance anxiety which I do agree with.

The schizophrenia diagnosis was made during severe deprivation because and stress in 2011. I heard voices on only two occasions, but it was enough to warrant a lifelong permanent diagnosis even tho I believe I had panic attacks in 2011. I was also told I would be on high doses of antipsychotics for life for schizophrenia. That I would always be limited and restricted.

I was skeptical of the schizophrenia diagnosis and abruptly stopped the drugs on a few occasions. I had instant withdrawal features from the medications that mirrored mood disorders (It could happen to anyone) Thats when they diagnosed me with bipolar 2 (hypomania) and 1 (Mania). The Major depressive disorder was diagnosed when I had a fall out with my best friend. They combined the diagnosis under one umbrella called schizoaffective. I do not believe this to be chemical imbalances.

I slowly tappered off all the drugs over the course of a year. I currently take no medications I am doing fine and get plenty of sleep. I heard voices on two occasions in early 2011. None since. I am also now working.

The government hospital system is not willing to remove the mental health diagnosis’s from my file. But say I have poor insight and judgement becuase I disagree with them.

I have asked for second opinions by three psychiatrists, but unable to get alternative view because of groupthink. It’s hard to find an independent psychiatrist but more and more money is going to biological psychiatry/mental health services and nothing to show for it. Suicide rates continue to increase but people will still continue to defend it. Despite it being a non science a passing fad..

No doubt this thread will almost certainly be removed or closed despite speaking the truth of my own story.

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe you! I have heard that it is possible to have auditory halluncinations because of other reasons.

Praise God for yr current state and given more time you will have a stronger place to argue it from in a few years when you still haven't heard any more voices.

Try to keep this diagnosis from causing you stress and keep finding joy elsewhere. You have done enough at the moment to make your case, maybe someone will be able to offer advice how to get it sorted but if not you'll need to be patient and not dwell on it in a negative way.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
In 2011 I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia

In 2015 diagnosed with Major depressive disorder

In 2016 diagnosed with Bipolar 1&2 and also anosognosia (poor insight and judgement) because I disagreed with the government doctors.

In 2017 diagnosed with high performance anxiety which I do agree with.

The schizophrenia diagnosis was made during severe deprivation because and stress in 2011. I heard voices on only two occasions, but it was enough to warrant a lifelong permanent diagnosis even tho I believe I had panic attacks in 2011. I was also told I would be on high doses of antipsychotics for life for schizophrenia. That I would always be limited and restricted.

I was skeptical of the schizophrenia diagnosis and abruptly stopped the drugs on a few occasions. I had instant withdrawal features from the medications that mirrored mood disorders (It could happen to anyone) Thats when they diagnosed me with bipolar 2 (hypomania) and 1 (Mania). The Major depressive disorder was diagnosed when I had a fall out with my best friend. They combined the diagnosis under one umbrella called schizoaffective. I do not believe this to be chemical imbalances.

I slowly tappered off all the drugs over the course of a year. I currently take no medications I am doing fine and get plenty of sleep. I heard voices on two occasions in early 2011. None since. I am also now working.

The government hospital system is not willing to remove the mental health diagnosis’s from my file. But say I have poor insight and judgement becuase I disagree with them.

I have asked for second opinions by three psychiatrists, but unable to get alternative view because of groupthink. It’s hard to find an independent psychiatrist but more and more money is going to biological psychiatry/mental health services and nothing to show for it. Suicide rates continue to increase but people will still continue to defend it. Despite it being a non science a passing fad..

No doubt this thread will almost certainly be removed or closed despite speaking the truth of my own story.

Drugs will make you hear things and see things and also think a certain way, I never understood how making someone take drugs helps them unless there is some type of pain and the rugs are for pain.

Upvote 0