• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Binging

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have a problem with binge drinking. Same old pattern, once a week I get drunk in my room. I enjoy it, then I feel guilty for a couple of days, pray guilty prayers, read the Word. A few more days of sloppy living in general, then I drink again. I've been depressed and anxious my entire life and it gives me something to look forward to, terrible as it sounds. But I know it's a sin and it's bad for my health. My relationship with the Lord has always been up and down. I remember being on fire in spots when I was young, I'm now in my 40s. I have a loving husband and two kids but I have no backbone or purpose and I'm crying inside.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have a problem with binge drinking. Same old pattern, once a week I get drunk in my room. I enjoy it, then I feel guilty for a couple of days, pray guilty prayers, read the Word. A few more days of sloppy living in general, then I drink again. I've been depressed and anxious my entire life and it gives me something to look forward to, terrible as it sounds. But I know it's a sin and it's bad for my health. My relationship with the Lord has always been up and down. I remember being on fire in spots when I was young, I'm now in my 40s. I have a loving husband and two kids but I have no backbone or purpose and I'm crying inside.
I pray that you desire more of the Lord in your life,
I recommend books on people's journeys on The Way and devotional books. Seek the Lord with all of your heart and soul and mind, it is an amazing journey.

• Winner
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) the basics.. Christ is always for you. What hurts is.. If He opened your eyes .. you would see that He has not judged you...not once. He never condemned you. I know exactly how you feel. I am in my 50's...but something a wonderful person of God said.. no one controls you. No one makes us do anything.

If we reread the word of God.. we find its all Him. The peace of God will... put on the whole armor of God.. be strong in the power of HIS might. Jesus.. I give you my peace. On and on. :) its ALL HIM! So.. cry out to Him.. KNOW He hears you. KNOW He WILL make a way out for you. You are NOT alone.. He never left you.

Remember HE CANT LIE! Did not He tell you that what He has started in you .. He WILL WILL WILL finish! This is not a hope.. a dream.. JESUS IS REAL! He NEVER EVER gives up on you.. so.. grab His hand and HOLD ON! He will make a way out.. promise.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Greetings Leet,
I am encouraged by your faithfulness in The Lord you have believed in Him for a very long time. I am reminded of Noah who according to The Bible was a drunkard, yet he found grace. God used him to save humanity and all animals.
I suffer from low self esteem at times my mom tells me I have to love myself to love others as myself. I am a work in progress. I would encourage you in The Lord. He is a mighty warrior and He will never stop fighting for you. Grace be with you and may The Holy Spirit be upon you and encourage you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leet
Upvote 0