Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The new covenant is not a new set of laws.

New Covenant = "The Law of the Spirit" (Romans 8:2). All believers are under God's Law. In the Old Covenant it came thru Moses. It was written on stone tablets and placed in the Ark of the Covenant in the Temple. In the New Covenant it comes thru Jesus Christ. It is written directly on our hearts in our bodies, which are the Temple of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Natsumi, by submitting and letting go and Letting Christ lead you to the One Church that HE founded on ROCK aka the Catholic Church, be IT the Authority, in your life.

Peace and Blessing to you,

Pan De Vida
I guess that wont happen because i will never be catholic, nor have a church's authority in my life (in the way you put it). I say its good to submit though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New Covenant = "The Law of the Spirit" (Romans 8:2). All believers are under God's Law. In the Old Covenant it came thru Moses. It was written on stone tablets and placed in the Ark of the Covenant in the Temple. In the New Covenant it comes thru Jesus Christ. It is written directly on our hearts in our bodies, which are the Temple of the Holy Spirit.
Are you claiming that the TCs were written on our hearts?

Were the Ten Commandments (TCs) engraved in letters on stone?
Why would the transitory ministry that brought condemnation and death that has no glory now be written on our hearts? The letter kills.

2 Corinthians 3:6-11
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you claiming that the TCs were written on our hearts?

Were the Ten Commandments (TCs) engraved in letters on stone?
Why would the transitory ministry that brought condemnation and death that has no glory now be written on our hearts? The letter kills.

2 Corinthians 3:6-11
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

I'm saying that in the New Covenant, the Holy Spirit writes his God's New Commands directly on our hearts. And this is it: (John 13:34)

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying that in the New Covenant, the Holy Spirit writes his God's New Commands directly on our hearts. And this is it: (John 13:34)
I think you are mixing things together that don't belong together.
Try this reference for God's law on human conscience.

Romans 2:14-15
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess that wont happen because i will never be catholic, nor have a church's authority in my life (in the way you put it). I say its good to submit though.

Natsumi, see there it is, many want their own authority other than the Church founded on rock, which is Christ Authority on earth.

Pan De Vida

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Natsumi, see there it is, many want their own authority other than the Church founded on rock, which is Christ Authority on earth.

Pan De Vida
I get authority directly from Christ.

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Family,

What does this verse mean to you?

How do you apply it to your life?

Is it physical, spiritual or both?

Which heaven is it talking about?

Matthew 16:19 - And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

~Natsumi Lam~
This was given strictly to the Apostles and no one else.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Natsumi, by submitting and letting go and Letting Christ lead you to the One Church that HE founded on ROCK aka the Catholic Church, be IT the Authority, in your life.

Peace and Blessing to you,

Pan De Vida

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Apostles got authority to grant absolution and offer pastoral necessities. It still keeps going in the Holy Orthodox Church.
Revelation 1:6
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

• Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 1:6
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Yeah, what's your point?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This was given strictly to the Apostles and no one else.
What about this?

Matthew 18:15-20
“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector. 18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. 19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

• Agree
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, what's your point?
We all have authority as priests.

2 Corinthians 5:17-19
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not?

I think we afford the Apostles more value than God intended.
Due to the abuse that we see today of so called "modern day apostles". It is best kept to the 12 and to those who were commissioned directly by the original 12. We can use Disciple with no risk of error.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Due to the abuse that we see today of so called "modern day apostles". It is best kept to the 12 and to those who were commissioned directly by the original 12. We can use Disciple with no risk of error.
Blessings
I consider any church-planting missionary an apostle.

The second definition in the dictionary says:
- the first successful Christian missionary in a country or to a people.

• Agree
Upvote 0