Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Listen at 1:21

Jhon 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Billy%2BGraham.png

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH
Jesus has always been the way, anyone searching for God will go through the Son weather he currently understands that or not.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has always been the way, anyone searching for God will go through the Son weather he currently understands that or not.

Critical in Graham's statement is that those men are discomfited within whatever religion they've been given. They are not satisfied by Islam or Buddhism, or whatever, but continue to believe "there is a God, but He's not in what I've been shown...He's somewhere else, and I need to find Him."

Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What he says is people are being called out from all parts of the world including Muslims, etc. I know a number ex-Muslims who are now Christian believers.

I would also like to say a story I once heard of a missionary to I think it was the Amazon (Rain Forest, not the website that this forum has automatically linked to) where he was the first Westerner they had met. He lived with them for a couple of years learning their language and them his. Once they could communicate they told him of their God and he taught them about Jesus. It became clear that they had received a revelation of God including that he had died to pay the price for the sin of the world (not 100% sure but I think I recall they even knew he died on the cross) and had been resurrected. Everything the missionary said to them they replied that this was their God. They told the missionary that they had been waiting for someone to come and tell what Gods name is, as it had been revealed to them by revelation that someone would.

With that in mind I think what Billy Graham said is true. People are being called out from around the world and may not know the name of Jesus. Our God wants to give everyone the chance to know him and to be saved. Just because someone is called from a Muslim background does not mean they cant be saved and just because someone has not heard the name Jesus does not mean they cant be saved.

I also have an issue with short clips like this where a short bit is taken with no context of the overall conversation. It can be taken out of context and twisted to fit your own agenda, as many cults do with scripture by taking a single verse and claiming it has a meaning that it clearly doesn't have when read with the verses around it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My question to Another Lazarus is do you know Jesus is lord?

This is to those that wonder about what Billy Graham said. Now we know there are people in this world that died, living that never heard of Jesus. 1st.. praise GOD YOU and I have no say in this. What YOU personally believe the WORD IS REALLY SAYING.. is nto what GOD said. So Jesus once said "if I had not come they would have no sin". Not hard to figure out what that means.

Jesus once said "if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains". So ANYONE that lives and died that never heard of JESUS is blind. So God is just and will never can never judge someone on something they never heard of or new. Now ALL we can do just like Billy Graham did is SPECUTALTE. That they will be judged on the LIGHT they had. What they did with it.

There are not many in this world that I can not will not touch. But this man is one of them. Well.. I dont know how to say it but.. what he has is the same Jesus I know. See most only read a word "JESUS" and bless them so much..they believe what He said and are saved prasie GOD! But you can go soooooooooooooooooooo (yes each "O" makes it deeper hehe) much deeper with God. Most do not want to pay the price to KNOW HIM. HE said.. to the 12.. if you LOVE ME keep my words. Yet when someone comes to Christ "love HIM" do they? No.. this man has word of every lasting life I believe them. Saved you are. Now.. you pray you seek you read you study.. you get to KNOW Him. Then you just walk about people that dont say a word and you simply ask them "you know Jesus dont you :)" They answer yes.. how did you know? You KNOW Him.. you see HIM in them. I seen it when I was young.. I asked the girl.. you know Jesus dont you? She smiled really big.. YES. Then happen to me. In collage at night watching a movie they were playing out side. This girl walks up and says.. your a Christian aren't you? I said yes how did you know? She said there's just something about you. I was not talking just standing.

All that to say Mr Graham SHINES THIS. You watch this man just over the last 2 years talk about the CROSS and JESUS the only way.. and then to think some OLD video being asked about others that never heard JESUS is lord.. and what happens to them. WHO are they (the world) going to ask? YOU? You have no clue. Do you? Dont you KNOW Jesus? Cant you just ask Him? Where do you think I got that verse "if you were blind you would have no sin you say you see your sin remains"? HE told me. Sorry I could care less any some person tells me.. I ask I seek HIM 1st.

Sorry.. this is one man I will not touch. I forgive you. Its do YOU know Him

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The book of Job. How was Job saved?
He already had belief in the true God of Israel though, and trusted in Him. Muslims and Buddhists do not.

Furthermore, there wouldn't be the urgency in Paul's message in Romans if this were the case, where he says [paraphrased I know] if they do not hear the Gospel, and no one takes the Gospel to them, how will they believe and be saved?

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He already had belief in the true God of Israel though, and trusted in Him. Muslims and Buddhists do not.

Furthermore, there wouldn't be the urgency in Paul's message in Romans if this were the case, where he says [paraphrased I know] if they do not hear the Gospel, and no one takes the Gospel to them, how will they believe and be saved?

Um, most scholars believe Job predated Moses and the Old Covenant. So Israel did not exist yet.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Um, most scholars believe Job predated Moses and the Old Covenant. So Israel did not exist yet.
This does not change him believing in the God of Israel, that's the same God. God revealed Himself to Job to the extent that He could trust in Him with an unwavering faith, that God is just and will deliver Him etc.

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This does not change him believing in the God of Israel, that's the same God. God revealed Himself to Job to the extent that He could trust in Him with an unwavering faith, that God is just and will deliver Him etc.

Um, it means Job believed in the Creator God. And Job predated Israel. So please don't try to imply that Job believed in the God of a person/people who did not yet exist. Job believed in the Creator - there was no God of Israel yet because there was no Israel yet. Jacob had not been born yet.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Disciple37

Dec 1, 2016
Mississippi
Visit site
✟10,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are we sure this "clip" isnt taken out of context? Granted, even if it was taken out of context, it's a strange way to put things.

NONE shall come to the Father except through the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth, and the light. He is everything and our salvation.

Now, your works, if you're unsaved my dictate the severity of the punishment you receive in hell; even the least punished person will face excruciating circumstances. The worst part is knowing that you'll never be set free because you denied your freedom offered to you while your heart still had a beat.

Otherwise, we'd be doing people a FAVOR by NOT telling them about the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. There would be no point in spreading the gospel if the person didn't need to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as savior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Um, it means Job believed in the Creator God. And Job predated Israel. So please don't try to imply that Job believed in the God of a person/people who did not yet exist. Job believed in the Creator - there was no God of Israel yet because there was no Israel yet. Jacob had not been born yet.
I was merely saying the God of Israel is the same God of Job.

Upvote 0

JRChristian

Nov 30, 2016
Canada
✟15,583.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me that Mr Graham has the same wish as Christ: to see all people saved. So Mr Graham is in the spirit.

I have seen Billy Graham preach in person twice and many times throughout my life on his tv specials. I admire the man greatly. He always preached the Word.

The mystery of whom God calls to his kingdom is outside what we can know. So many people raised in christian families and born right here in our culture don't know him and aren't saved. Many people who believe themselves to be saved are not saved (like the pharasies).

I pray that what Mr Graham said IS true - for the sake of so many souls globally and locally.

Also, if we read revelations we see that there will be multiple chances after the Second Coming for non believers to accept Christ and win salvation. There is only one last word on who will have salvation - Gods choice. And he is a loving God.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There would be no point in spreading the gospel if the person didn't need to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as savior.

The point is: Jesus told us to spread the gospel.

Regardless of whether He needs us to do it (He does not actually need us for anything), we do it not because we have a rationale, we do it because Jesus told us to do it.

When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, “Lord—what about him?”

“If I want him to remain until I come,” Jesus answered, “what is that to you? As for you, follow Me.” -- John 21

The bottom line of this discussion is that ultimately it's none of our business what Jesus does with others. We preach the gospel because Jesus told us to do it.

If He had told us to preach to trees, we don't need a reason other than to know He told us to do it: We salute smartly and follow orders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Billy Graham's specific comment is about people who do not trust in Mohammed or Buddha, but continue to seek the God they see in creation.

Paul's urgency is that the Church was commanded to reach the world before Jesus returned. He expected Jesus to return any given day--he understood a need to be completed with his mission on time. What would happen to anyone else, he had no way of knowing, nor did it matter whether he knew...he had been given a mission with a deadline and intended to meet his deadline.

Upvote 0

Disciple37

Dec 1, 2016
Mississippi
Visit site
✟10,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The point is: Jesus told us to spread the gospel.

Regardless of whether He needs us to do it (He does not actually need us for anything), we do it not because we have a rationale, we do it because Jesus told us to do it.

When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, “Lord—what about him?”

“If I want him to remain until I come,” Jesus answered, “what is that to you? As for you, follow Me.” -- John 21

The bottom line of this discussion is that ultimately it's none of our business what Jesus does with others. We preach the gospel because Jesus told us to do it.

If He had told us to preach to trees, we don't need a reason other than to know He told us to do it: We salute smartly and follow orders.

Sir, it's about using your head and at times understanding that some things are just beyond your understanding. However, on why we spread the gospel is not one of those things that are above our understanding. God does not tell you to do something in vain. He has a reason for it. Spreading the Gospel, as we are instructed, is obvious. To lead people to His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

God did not command us to preach to an apple tree because he has no reason for us to do it. He commands us to do things out of a purpose. He is not vain.

So you're right. You do what God tells you, but God reveals his character in the Bible. He isn't vain. Spreading the Gospel is to save people from damnation and to bring them to his glory and everlasting life in fellowship with the one true God.

----

I thank God that he allows me to have a purpose and reason .. a job and an assignment within his kingdom. God could do everything for us, but allowing me the wonderful opportunity to serve him is from his grace and blessing. I want to be able to serve his kingdom, that is what our existence is about, serving God, loving him, enjoying all the good things of God, being a family, and growing that family.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sir, it's about using your head and at times understanding that some things are just beyond your understanding. However, on why we spread the gospel is not one of those things that are above our understanding. God does not tell you to do something in vain. He has a reason for it. Spreading the Gospel, as we are instructed, is obvious. To lead people to His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

God did not command us to preach to an apple tree because he has no reason for us to do it. He commands us to do things out of a purpose. He is not vain.

So you're right. You do what God tells you, but God reveals his character in the Bible. He isn't vain. Spreading the Gospel is to save people from damnation and to bring them to his glory and everlasting life in fellowship with the one true God.

----

I thank God that he allows me to have a purpose and reason .. a job and an assignment within his kingdom. God could do everything for us, but allowing me the wonderful opportunity to serve him is from his grace and blessing. I want to be able to serve his kingdom, that is what our existence is about, serving God, loving him, enjoying all the good things of God, being a family, and growing that family.

It may not be a purpose we fully understand.

A man decides--not, God--a mere man decides that he is the sole method by which God can save other men.

True?

Upvote 0