• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Billy Graham denies Jesus is the only Way

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Another Lazarus, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Another Lazarus

Another Lazarus Old Newbie

+1,025
    Christian
    Married
    Listen at 1:21

Jhon 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

[​IMG]

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Haramis

Haramis Dancing on Rainbows Supporter

+203
    Non-Denom
    Private
    So the video claims that he says Jesus isn't the only way, and then in the video clip he literally says that everyone who comes to God, does so through Christ.

3. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+11,464
    Canada
    Freethinker
    Married
    Billy Graham said "When names are called for crowns in heaven, they will be the nameless hidden saints among us. They may not be called Christians. They just love God."

Very well said Billy!

4. NothingIsImpossible

NothingIsImpossible Well-Known Member

+2,790
    Christian
    Married
    Does he actually say that? Because it seems unlike him to do so. Though in recent years I've seen many older famous preachers change some views.

5. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+3,038
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi all,

I'm not quite sure why the poster of the you tube video would think that just because Billy Graham may or may not know the truth, that it somehow reflects on what Christ's death means.

Christ's death, for the born again believer, remains the same valid atonement for sin whether Billy Graham knows the truth or not.

I also understand that, yes, a lot of people look to Billy Graham for spiritual discernment, but, I can tell you that for me, while Billy Graham may well be a respected man, and I do respect him, my rod of truth is the Scriptures, not necessarily Billy Graham. I sit in a lot of fellowships and hear a lot of sermons that I sit there and say 'that's not the truth' as they try to expound on what they proclaim is the truth of the Scriptures. Because my rod of truth is not necessarily what some teacher or preacher says, but rather, what the Scriptures say.

God bless you,
    In Christ, Ted

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  6. Another Lazarus

Another Lazarus Old Newbie

+1,025
    Christian
    Married
    Thats just the words of a mortal man.
    Are you a Mason too ?

7. JackRT

+11,464
    Canada
    Freethinker
    Married
    No, I am not a Mason, or a Knight of Columbus, or a Lion, or a Kiwanis or a Rotary but I am a member of the Royal Canadian Legion.

8. LastSeven

LastSeven Amil Supporter

+990
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    He said "Everybody that loves Christ or knows Christ, whether they're conscious of it or not, are part of Christ's body. He's calling people out of the world for his name.

Whether they come from the Muslim world, the Buddhist world, the Christian world, the unbelieving world, they are members of the body of Christ because they've been called by God.

They may not even know the name of Jesus but they know in their hearts that they need something that they don't have and they turn to the only light that they have and I think that they are saved.

They're going to be with us in heaven."

I'm going to have to think about that. On the one hand there were many people saved before Christ was even born, which means it is possible to be saved without knowing the name of Christ, but I don't like the part he said about being part of the Muslim world, the Buddhist world or the unbelieving world.

9. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+1,575
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Jack, that is even worse.... Some say that they have some secret ceremonies, involving kissing pigs or something....[​IMG].... :)

This thread should be moved to another forum, btw.

10. JackRT

+11,464
    Canada
    Freethinker
    Married
    ROFLOL !!!!

11. Douggg

+1,575
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    If people were saved before Christ was even born - then why did Jesus have to die on the cross?

12. DingDing

DingDing Well-Known Member

+262
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I am a member of the Burger King Kid's Club! May I have a seat at the table?

13. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single
    The prophet Daniel was told by the angel that he would die and that he would stand in his lot at the end of days , and yet Daniel was not a Christian.

14. Douggg

+1,575
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    ... at that time. At the time of the redemption of Daniel's body - will he have heard the gospel message preached to him by Jesus - of his death and resurrection for the forgiveness of sins as though they never happened? What did Jesus do during the three days that his body was in the grave?

15. JackRT

+11,464
    Canada
    Freethinker
    Married
    OK, you bring the burgers.

16. Brian45

Brian45 Senior Member

+147
    Christian
    Single
    I think he was dead wasn't he.

17. Douggg

+1,575
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    You need to do more study.

18. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,456
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    [​IMG] ON!

Thread moved from Eschatology to General Theology!

[​IMG] OFF!

19. KWCrazy

KWCrazy Newbie

+1,926
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the light. Nobody comes to the father but by me." Therefore, nobody will come into the presence of the Creator who is not saved by the blood of Christ.
    However...
    In the second chapter of Romans Paul teaches that those who are outside of the law will be judged outside the law; that they will face a different standard for not having been given the opportunity to come to Father through the Son. So is it possible that a devout, pious Muslim can make it into Heaven, just not to the presence of God? Maybe, but it is doubtful since the Koran teaches hatred, oppression and murder. Mohammed was a false profit of the most foul and surely received judgment for those he led to destruction. Other religions teach love and peace and don't teach that Christ is the savior of mankind. Perhaps among them there are those whose lives are found pleasing to God despite the inability to cleanse themselves from sin.

i wouldn't count on it, but it's possible. Still, I think it does a disservice to teach anything contrary to God's word. Better that they come to Christ and know they are saved.

20. LastSeven

LastSeven Amil Supporter

+990
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    No Doug, he really was dead. If he wasn't dead, then he can't have resurrected and our faith is in vain.

Do you deny that Jesus died?