Bill Nye: Kids are "brainwashed" at Noah's Ark museum Any thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady&TheCoatofmanycolors

Kingdom Heir <3
Jul 6, 2016
CA
✟16,008.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you under the impression you are somehow infallible where those other denominations were not? That you are incapable of falling into the exact same hubris as they?
Nope not at all My denomination would have suffered probable death and or torture under that Religous Rule of That particular Era .
That's all I'm saying.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Source Google Search
mag·ic
ˈmajik/
noun
  1. 1.
    the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
    "do you believe in magic?"
    synonyms: sorcery, witchcraft, wizardry,necromancy, enchantment, the supernatural, occultism, the occult,black magic, the black arts, voodoo,hoodoo, mojo, shamanism; More
    AND That is how it is defined in Christianity Also

I don't see anything in there that limits magic to divination.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As far as your plagiarism goes, all you'd really have to do is admit you made an error and apologize for presenting large amounts of plagiarized material as "your own words". But you won't do that, because some folks can never admit they were wrong.

My plagiarism Lol
I told you already what I did to receive that info .
Cool the flaming

I guess you can't admit you made an error. And now you're projecting by accusing me of flaming.

Good luck with that.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Looks like I got you both mixed up .
Easy to do when You both have the same Aim .
It's a game to You Both .
And you are on the same team with the same Goal .
I get it .
It does not move me any further than it moves you .
It's all good .

Sorry for the mix up of names .
But the agenda is the same

I haven't been playing a game, I've been engaging in a discussion and a debate. What exactly is my agenda? Because so far my posts have involved my emphasizing the importance of Scripture, and a defense of Christianity against internal attacks made by you and several other Creationists who have put it upon themselves to deny my Christian faith and the Christian faith of the majority of Christians because we don't share a couple of your opinions.

My agenda here, if anything, is to defend the Christian faith.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My plagiarism Lol
I told you already what I did to receive that info .
Cool the flaming

It's not flaming to call a person out on plagiarism.

It is flaming, however, to accuse other Christians of not being Christians. Which you did several times in this thread. In fact, that was basically the entire reason I entered into the discussion in this thread. If I wanted to report you, I wouldn't have reported you on the plagiarism, I would have reported you on the flaming; however I usually only resort to reporting a poster if they are engaging in explicitly racist or hateful behavior and language, I'm rather conservative with the report feature on this website because even if I think a person is behaving badly I generally accept the right of a person to speak freely even if I think what they are saying is wrong, mean-spirited, or hostile. My skin is fairly thick, it's gotta be to survive internet discussion forums.

What I don't tolerate is racism and out-and-out hatred, I will report that.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Nope not at all My denomination would have suffered probable death and or torture under that Religous Rule of That particular Era .
That's all I'm saying.

Fair enough. I myself would have been burned at the stake. However the gist of my point is that being fervent in your religious belief does not preclude you from being wrong. Every single time religious belief has squared off against science, religious belief has come out second best. If I was religious I might think it a lesson from God on the idea of humility.

Upvote 0

TheQuietRiot

indomitable
Aug 17, 2011
West Yorkshire
✟12,002.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Atheist uphold and defend a belief in evolution , has nothing to do with dietys .

They fight with Christians about what they believe like Irish protestants v.s Irish Catholics .
Although they deny it .

Acceptance of evolution has nothing to do with athiesm. Once again it only describes non belief in god(s)

Most Christians accept evolution.

Christian scientists overwhelming accept evolution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Source Google Search
mag·ic
ˈmajik/
noun
  1. 1.
    the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
    "do you believe in magic?"
    synonyms: sorcery, witchcraft, wizardry,necromancy, enchantment, the supernatural, occultism, the occult,black magic, the black arts, voodoo,hoodoo, mojo, shamanism; More
    AND That is how it is defined in Christianity Also
Bolding added by me for emphasis. I know that a lot of Christians hate it when someone uses the word "magic" to describe miracles and God, but this is really all they mean. God is supernatural. He's literally "above nature", correct? I get that it feels bad with all the other negative connotations from the other meanings of the word, but no one ever means to use it in the manner of the occult or black magic.

It's fine to politely ask people to use a different word when you hear "magic" because you don't like it, but you shouldn't accuse people of using it incorrectly and claiming it couldn't possibly be used accurately to describe miracles. It's just being PC for religion. I don't think many people will give you a fuss if you ask them to say "supernatural" instead.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Elizabethinhatcroppedcloser.jpg
MOD HAT ON

Staff has decided to permanently close this thread. It has run its course.
MOD HAT OFF

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.