Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No surprise coming from him. Dude's an ardent liberal atheist, she's his antithesis. I'm definitely adding her and her family to my prayers because they're about to experience evil and unjust treatment that nobody should ever have to endure at the hands of the liberal scum and villainy.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
No surprise coming from him. Dude's an ardent liberal atheist, she's his antithesis. I'm definitely adding her and her family to my prayers because they're about to experience evil and unjust treatment that nobody should ever have to endure at the hands of the liberal scum and villainy.

If we were in the times of Ancient Rome they would rush at here with daggers and swords.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I get the idea from Lindsey Graham's comments that they're not permitting Democrats to launch another inquisition. It looks like Senate Republicans learned their lesson from Kavanaugh and seem to want to quickly confirm Barrett. I guess that means bypassing a lot of the usual procedures involved in confirming a new Justice. I'm fine with that.

As a word of caution tho, I would like to remind all of you that a human is being nominated to the SCOTUS. I'm as pro-life as the next guy but we would do well to not pin all our hopes on one Justice.

• Agree
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
we would do well to not pin all our hopes on one Justice.
Agreed, except the expediency of filling that seat might actually determine the re-election of the current POTUS.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
“Trump has appointed a quarter of the entire federal bench and -- unlike his wives -- that's for life.”

That was pretty funny , also true.

Liberals have to make everything personal...

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, except the expediency of filling that seat might actually determine the re-election of the current POTUS.
Agreed. If Barrett (or whoever) gets confirmed before the election, I predict the left will have a lot of wind taken out of their sails.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Pubs seem to be lining up behind the nominee. Even Murkowski has greatly softened her original position, and Romney is on board. As long as the nominee is qualified, and I have no doubts she will be, this will be a go. No repeat of the Kavanaugh inquisition will be allowed. And what can the Dems do? They can't get too anti-Catholic, because Biden's over there pretending to be a faithful Catholic. It's also unlikely they can pin serial gang rape on her. The latest charge seems to be she's racist because she adopted two black children? Maher is a jerk who gets it right about once every two weeks. This was not one of those times.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I get the idea from Lindsey Graham's comments that they're not permitting Democrats to launch another inquisition. It looks like Senate Republicans learned their lesson from Kavanaugh and seem to want to quickly confirm Barrett. I guess that means bypassing a lot of the usual procedures involved in confirming a new Justice. I'm fine with that.

As a word of caution tho, I would like to remind all of you that a human is being nominated to the SCOTUS. I'm as pro-life as the next guy but we would do well to not pin all our hopes on one Justice.

I agree . Let us remember Justice Souter. Didn’t quite work out the way we thought he would.

But that being said I believe Justice Barrett will be a solid ally people of faith.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree . Let us remember Justice Souter. Didn’t quite work out the way we thought he would.

But that being said I believe Justice Barrett will be a solid ally people of faith.
I am not a single issue voter. But protecting the unborn is in my top three most important issues. I can compromise on certain other things. But not that. It would be incredible to think that someone as committed to the faith as Barrett seems to be wouldn't be on the side of the unborn as well. But stranger things have happened.

Anyway, it's official, Barrett has been nominated by President Trump. The clock is ticking now.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. If Barrett (or whoever) gets confirmed before the election, I predict the left will have a lot of wind taken out of their sails.

Than I will pray like mad that good triumphs and she is confirmed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Than I will pray like mad that good triumphs and she is confirmed
I already put in a call to my (Republican) Senators and told them that I'm sure they're onboard with Barrett... but, just in case, I'll be paying close attention to how they vote.

The interns (or whoever) I spoke to said the Senators were all-in on supporting whoever President Trump appoints (at the time, it wasn't known who it would be for sure).

Perhaps you could do the same thing with your Senators?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
mine are all Dems :(
Then call them and say "We need to come together and do what's best for the country, all this division harms our democracy".

Pointless? Maybe. But anything that gums up the works even a little bit is worth doing. If American Catholics picked an issue (such as abortion) and simultaneously all committed one small (but legal and non-violent!) act of defiance per day, the system would eventually ground to a stop. Literally the one thing the left has gotten right is resistance. They have no idea what they're doing or how best to do it. But they've got the right basic idea in resisting

There's no reason we can't do the same and turn their tactics against them.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then call them and say "We need to come together and do what's best for the country, all this division harms our democracy".

Right now where I am at I couldn't do that I believe liberalism is what is wrong with the world and has harmed the USA. Right now I can't stand liberalism. At this moment I feel like Ankin at the moment Obi Wan won the fight (Hope you understand because I can't elaborate here). Found a better picture that represents my feelings toward liberals

tenor.gif

Upvote 0