Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Here is a link to Bill Johnson being interviewed about adopting heaven's values on earth.
Would someone please explain how it works out in practice for our everyday lives?
Or is he talking theory that no one actually experiences in reality?

Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a link to Bill Johnson being interviewed about adopting heaven's values on earth.
Would someone please explain how it works out in practice for our everyday lives?

in Truth there is but one way to enter into the kingdom of heaven, and that is the forsaking of your own soul, which is one and the same as to pick up your cross as it is to keep the law of your mind, which is the chosen fast of only to eat of that which grows of itself .....

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
in Truth there is but one way to enter into the kingdom of heaven, and that is the forsaking of your own soul, which is one and the same as to pick up your cross as it is to keep the law of your mind, which is the chosen fast of only to eat of that which grows of itself .....
What?
Forsake my own soul? Does that mean that I have to kick my soul out from my body? How does that work?
How does one pick up one's cross and keep the law of one's mind?
Going on a fast that limits eating of that which grows of itself. Doesn't that mean one can eat all fruit and vegetables, even meat, because it all grows of itself?

See if you work out what the following means:

Here's another one you can work out. This seems to make better sense than what Bill Johnson is saying.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What?
Forsake my own soul? Does that mean that I have to kick my soul out from my body? How does that work?
How does one pick up one's cross and keep the law of one's mind?
Going on a fast that limits eating of that which grows of itself. Doesn't that mean one can eat all fruit and vegetables, even meat, because it all grows of itself?

See if you work out what the following means:

Here's another one you can work out. This seems to make better sense than what Bill Johnson is saying.

For whoever might desire to save his life will lose it; but whoever might lose his life on account of Me will find it.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
For whoever might desire to save his life will lose it; but whoever might lose his life on account of Me will find it.
Is this what Bill is saying? Really? How do we lose our lives, in other words, being killed for our faith in Christ, how can we find it so we can experience heaven in this life?

• Prayers
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this what Bill is saying? Really? How do we lose our lives, in other words, being killed for our faith in Christ, how can we find it so we can experience heaven in this life?

Then Jesus said His to disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

to deny yourself is to cease from ones own reasoning between two fruits of a tree ... a chosen fast ... as in a picking up of your cross ...

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Then Jesus said His to disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

to deny yourself is to cease from ones own reasoning between two fruits of a tree ... a chosen fast ... as in a picking up of your cross ...
Okay, you have shared your thoughts. Thank you. Now I will wait for others to share theirs.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He basically preaches the same basic doctrines that Word of Faith churches preach.

So if you are familiar with Andrew Wommack, Creflo Dollar, Joseph Prince, and Kenneth Copeland etc, you will find it easy to understand accept Bill Johnson.

It is not surprising that Bethel Music is sung in so many charismatic churches around the world.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
He basically preaches the same basic doctrines that Word of Faith churches preach.

So if you are familiar with Andrew Wommack, Creflo Dollar, Joseph Prince, and Kenneth Copeland etc, you will find it easy to understand accept Bill Johnson.

It is not surprising that Bethel Music is sung in so many charismatic churches around the world.
It is amazing that Johnson's followers will just accept what he says without understanding any of it. But they believe it because Bill Johnson said it, and he is a real man of God!

IE: "Brutus said that Caesar was ambitious, and Brutus is an honourable man!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is amazing that Johnson's followers will just accept what he says without understanding any of it. But they believe it because Bill Johnson said it, and he is a real man of God!

IE: "Brutus said that Caesar was ambitious, and Brutus is an honourable man!"

Yes, the social media pages of such WOF preachers are mostly echo chambers. Every time any of them post anything, their followers will respond with numerous "Amen, Amen Amen" and that's all. =)

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I watched the first bit. The main thing I got was the act of turning our affection toward God; doing that somehow makes a difference. Is there more to it? Is it supposed to lead to prosperity?

If the idea is to turn our affection toward God, to make that a persistent habit, it's definitely a real experience and the basic premise of Christian contemplation/mysticism. When we turn our loving gaze toward God, the attention immediately becomes mutual because God is always lovingly attentive toward us. To form that kind of habit so that it becomes persistent changes everything. But it won't necessarily make you prosper materially lol.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I watched the first bit. The main thing I got was the act of turning our affection toward God; doing that somehow makes a difference. Is there more to it? Is it supposed to lead to prosperity?

If the idea is to turn our affection toward God, to make that a persistent habit, it's definitely a real experience and the basic premise of Christian contemplation/mysticism. When we turn our loving gaze toward God, the attention immediately becomes mutual because God is always lovingly attentive toward us. To form that kind of habit so that it becomes persistent changes everything. But it won't necessarily make you prosper materially lol.
It is just talk about an experience without any actual substance.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Remember when I realized that I thought I was a better Christian.

Not referring to Bill Johnson either.

Kingdom of God/heaven:
1---has come (Matt 12:28),
2 - is now (Luk 11:2, 17:21; Mark 1:14-15: 10:15 ), and
3 - will come (I Cor 15:24; Matt 6:33).

of I AM:- past, present, and future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bill Johnson is an insider for the NAR movement which promotes Kingdom Now, Five Fold , a form of Dominionism and much more. I'd stay away from his teachings.
Blessings

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

As a prominent figure in the New Apostolic Reformation, Bill Johnson is responsible for a great many deceived believers. I've no interest in listening to him and would never urge others to do so.

How do we "adopt heaven's values on earth"? Well, I adopt God's values by knowing and living in accord with His will revealed in Scripture, in humble submission to Him being led of the Spirit in the particulars of my daily living. Not always easy but not terribly complicated.

Upvote 0