PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Offering herd immunity as a solution to a pandemic is like offering alcohol as a solution to drunk driving. If everyone who's prone to drinking kills themselves in drunk driving accidents, there won't be anyone left driving drunk on the roads, right? And for all those innocent bystanders that die in the process who are trying to avoid the situation? Tough luck.

This whole thing has only claimed the lives of more than 75 nine elevens. Why not really ramp up the deaths?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Since Scott Atlas has no medical qualifications where epidemiology is concerned, then, yeah, he IS a fake expert.

His ONLY qualification for getting the top job in trump's coronavirus "response team" was going on Fox News and parroting the stupid "solutions" trump wanted to hear.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since Scott Atlas has no medical qualifications where epidemiology is concerned, then, yeah, he IS a fake expert.

His ONLY qualification for getting the top job in trump's coronavirus "response team" was going on Fox News and parroting the stupid "solutions" trump wanted to hear.
. Thank you for that , I agree ! He’s not qualified. Trump and his ilk refuse to listen to the one who is qualified- Anthony Fauci

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is that relevant? This virus is killing thousands world wide. If he has vaccine patents are they for Covid 19 ? Remember this man is an epidemiologist and he’s dealt with West Nile , Ebola , AIDS, SARS , MERS,and other infectious diseases

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟555,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The times I’ve heard Gates talk about his vaccine work, he’s struck me as deliberately apolitical and deferential to professionals associated with any administration. This guy must be a real kook to set him off like that.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bill Gates is an expert on viruses. Just ask any PC user.
The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation pledged billions of dollars to vaccine research. He is a scientist, not a populist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is that relevant? This virus is killing thousands world wide. If he has vaccine patents are they for Covid 19 ? Remember this man is an epidemiologist and he’s dealt with West Nile , Ebola , AIDS, SARS , MERS,and other infectious diseases

Good catch. They're for HIV work. IOW you correctly assessed the post of the you were replying to as irrelevant.

Google Patents

To remind people inclined to misinfo up the thread - vaccines are different from each other, and focusing on Fauci having a patent in ones for completely different diseases to Covid is only proving that you might not be prioritising honesty in this discussion.

vacciens.jpg

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,085,431.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Gates didn't build one of the most successful companies in the world without knowing who was a good hire and who was faking it.

An ignorant boss who just wants an employee to agree with his bad decisions courts disaster.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟297,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Anthony Fauci who has several vaccine patents.

I'm pretty sure that patents filed on behalf of federal employees belong to the US government. Ergo, he was an inventor, but can not receive financial gain from said patents.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation pledged billions of dollars to vaccine research. He is a scientist, not a populist.
A scientist? I well remember the early days of the PC. DOS stood for Dodgy Operating System. In those days you had to pay for bug fixes, oops, upgrades. I remember how Bill Gates made his fortune. I would not call his methods scientific.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟244,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
A scientist? I well remember the early days of the PC. DOS stood for Dodgy Operating System. In those days you had to pay for bug fixes, oops, upgrades. I remember how Bill Gates made his fortune. I would not call his methods scientific.

FYI: IBM made DOS. Microsoft made MS-DOS. The upgrades alternated between the two.

Reactions: BlackFlag
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟297,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
FYI: IBM made DOS. Microsoft made MS-DOS. The upgrades alternated between the two.

Nope. The DOS provided by IBM was licensed from MS. (They themselves got it from another company at minimal cost.)

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Anthony Fauci who has several vaccine patents.

Inventor, not owner. As Hans said...

I'm pretty sure that patents filed on behalf of federal employees belong to the US government. Ergo, he was an inventor, but can not receive financial gain from said patents.

and using this as the example
US6911527B1 - HIV related peptides - Google Patents

He's the inventor. The assignee (owner) is
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES GOVERNMENT OF United States, THE, Secretary of, Department of
US Department of Health and Human Services

And even if that wasn't the case, lock downs, track/trace, masks, social distancing have two thirds of nothing to do with patents or vaccines.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟297,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

MS became a successful company by some pretty hard nosed tactics: monopoly power, etc., not on the "spectacular quality" of their product. (It probably worked OK, I wouldn't know. I have never chosen to use *any* MS product, though I am occasionally forced to. Currently I despise their email service. No MS software is on my computer.)

And you are correct. Gates is not and never has been a scientist. He did take some computer science classes in college, but did not complete a degree in CS, which is not a science anyway, but a branch of applied mathematics.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟215,732.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Offering herd immunity as a solution to a pandemic is like offering alcohol as a solution to drunk driving.

I don't pretend to have an expert opinion on this. I'm merely one who asks questions. What if herd immunity truly is one of the main things that will get us through this? Help me to understand. Is not Europe's numbers going back up again, ever after long lock downs? Doesn't that mean if you try to run from the virus (figuratively speaking) shutting things down....YES numbers starting trending down.....you think you've got success....open back up and here it comes again. What if there's really no avoiding everyone from getting it and how many times do you keep destroying the economy hurting untold millions of people in the process?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟555,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MS became a successful company by some pretty hard nosed tactics: monopoly power, etc., not on the "spectacular quality" of their product. (It probably worked OK, I wouldn't know. I have never chosen to use *any* MS product, though I am occasionally forced to. Currently I despise their email service. No MS software is on my computer.)

Eh.... It's a little from Column A, a little from Column B. Some of it was hard-nosed tactics, some of it was marketing, some of it was being the best balance between convenience and price. IME, the benefits of their products tend to be more apparent in business environments than in home use.

Upvote 0