• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Bill Gates calls Trump’s COVID advisor a fake expert

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by dqhall, Oct 26, 2020.

1. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,611
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,876
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. SigurdReginson

SigurdReginson Member

+183
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    Offering herd immunity as a solution to a pandemic is like offering alcohol as a solution to drunk driving. If everyone who's prone to drinking kills themselves in drunk driving accidents, there won't be anyone left driving drunk on the roads, right? And for all those innocent bystanders that die in the process who are trying to avoid the situation? Tough luck.

This whole thing has only claimed the lives of more than 75 nine elevens. Why not really ramp up the deaths?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,572
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Bill Gates knows computers.

5. MIDutch

MIDutch Well-Known Member

+2,269
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    Since Scott Atlas has no medical qualifications where epidemiology is concerned, then, yeah, he IS a fake expert.

His ONLY qualification for getting the top job in trump's coronavirus "response team" was going on Fox News and parroting the stupid "solutions" trump wanted to hear.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+5,256
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    . Thank you for that , I agree ! He’s not qualified. Trump and his ilk refuse to listen to the one who is qualified- Anthony Fauci

7. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,573
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Anthony Fauci who has several vaccine patents.

8. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+5,256
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    Is that relevant? This virus is killing thousands world wide. If he has vaccine patents are they for Covid 19 ? Remember this man is an epidemiologist and he’s dealt with West Nile , Ebola , AIDS, SARS , MERS,and other infectious diseases

9. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+16,828
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    The times I’ve heard Gates talk about his vaccine work, he’s struck me as deliberately apolitical and deferential to professionals associated with any administration. This guy must be a real kook to set him off like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,611
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation pledged billions of dollars to vaccine research. He is a scientist, not a populist.

11. Triumvirate

Triumvirate Well-Known Member

+1,010
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Private
    Good catch. They're for HIV work. IOW you correctly assessed the post of the you were replying to as irrelevant.

Google Patents

To remind people inclined to misinfo up the thread - vaccines are different from each other, and focusing on Fauci having a patent in ones for completely different diseases to Covid is only proving that you might not be prioritising honesty in this discussion.

vacciens.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  12. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,600
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Gates didn't build one of the most successful companies in the world without knowing who was a good hire and who was faking it.

An ignorant boss who just wants an employee to agree with his bad decisions courts disaster.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Hans Blaster

Hans Blaster Well-Known Member

+2,024
    Atheist
    Private
    I'm pretty sure that patents filed on behalf of federal employees belong to the US government. Ergo, he was an inventor, but can not receive financial gain from said patents.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,876
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    A scientist? I well remember the early days of the PC. DOS stood for Dodgy Operating System. In those days you had to pay for bug fixes, oops, upgrades. I remember how Bill Gates made his fortune. I would not call his methods scientific.

15. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+1,227
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    FYI: IBM made DOS. Microsoft made MS-DOS. The upgrades alternated between the two.

16. Hans Blaster

+2,024
    Atheist
    Private
    Nope. The DOS provided by IBM was licensed from MS. (They themselves got it from another company at minimal cost.)

17. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+5,990
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Inventor, not owner. As Hans said...

and using this as the example
    US6911527B1 - HIV related peptides - Google Patents

He's the inventor. The assignee (owner) is
    HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES GOVERNMENT OF United States, THE, Secretary of, Department of
    US Department of Health and Human Services

And even if that wasn't the case, lock downs, track/trace, masks, social distancing have two thirds of nothing to do with patents or vaccines.

18. Hans Blaster

+2,024
    Atheist
    Private
    MS became a successful company by some pretty hard nosed tactics: monopoly power, etc., not on the "spectacular quality" of their product. (It probably worked OK, I wouldn't know. I have never chosen to use *any* MS product, though I am occasionally forced to. Currently I despise their email service. No MS software is on my computer.)

And you are correct. Gates is not and never has been a scientist. He did take some computer science classes in college, but did not complete a degree in CS, which is not a science anyway, but a branch of applied mathematics.

19. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+2,245
    Non-Denom
    I don't pretend to have an expert opinion on this. I'm merely one who asks questions. What if herd immunity truly is one of the main things that will get us through this? Help me to understand. Is not Europe's numbers going back up again, ever after long lock downs? Doesn't that mean if you try to run from the virus (figuratively speaking) shutting things down....YES numbers starting trending down.....you think you've got success....open back up and here it comes again. What if there's really no avoiding everyone from getting it and how many times do you keep destroying the economy hurting untold millions of people in the process?

20. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+16,828
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Eh.... It's a little from Column A, a little from Column B. Some of it was hard-nosed tactics, some of it was marketing, some of it was being the best balance between convenience and price. IME, the benefits of their products tend to be more apparent in business environments than in home use.