Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you even bothered to read the research by people like Peter Duesberg and David Rasnick, you would disagree.

Just to give you some history:
A definition of AIDS agreed upon in 1985 by the World Health Organization in Bangui did not require a positive HIV test, but since 1985, many African countries have added positive HIV tests to the Bangui criteria for AIDS or changed their definitions to match those of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control

They have changed the definition numerous times.

Upvote 0

EphesiaNZ

It's me! Who else could it be...
Apr 19, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes truly, lets look at the conclusion to the DoJ report, November 1999

"Microsoft has used foul play, has manipulated the market, has impeded progress, has harmed the IT market, the user community and consumers, and has violated anti-trust regulations"

You might call that smart, some would call it an aggressive bully in fact, even an 800lb gorilla. Some people actually go to jail for the above actions...

Indeed smart people tend to be innovators too. Sadly there has been little of this since MS began. Yes even DOS was acquired from Seattle Computer (not without a fight in the courts) and windows, well that was borrowed technology - Xerox PARC Demo for Apple (1979) - YouTube

Upvote 0

EphesiaNZ

Apr 19, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Criticize all you like. The fact remains, Bill Gates is smarter than anybody posting here, and has helped more people financially than anyone here.

He may have helped more people financially than anyone here but at what cost?

Microsoft's tax dodge: David Sirota | OregonLive.com

Insight: Microsoft use of low-tax havens drives down tax bill | Reuters

http://www.americansfortaxfairness.org/files/Microsoft-Fact-Sheet-Final.pdf

Above are just a few examples of how MS cheat the US govt and ultimately the US tax dept and honest hard working people of that country. This is not just a US thing as MS are doing this all over the world by registering their overseas headquarters in the lowest tax regions thereby avoiding paying massive taxes in neighbouring countries.

If you're quite happy and content to let your idol (and his cohorts) scam the US and your lovely country too as well as the rest of the world then fine, just don't complain when you might have to rely on a govt service that has been robbed of cash which MS and other companies have run away with. Just reading here that Canada has been robbed to the tune of approx $8 billion dollars in the last year through tax avoidance. I would say MS would take a good chunk of that pie along with the likes of google and apple but to name a few.

Yes you are quite correct, Gates is smart as he has helped more people financially than me or anyone else here probably but hes done it on a sizable chunk of unpaid tax, yours included no doubt. And don't forget that all that philanthropy also comes with tax perks no doubt...

Personally I think he should do the honest thing and pay the US govt the $30 billion which they say his company owes and also the many billions to govts across the world which he has benefited from.

Upvote 0

ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Microsoft, like many corporations are operating within the laws of the US. One of their goals obviously is to make as much profit as possible, legally. This they are doing.

The fact that the system favors corporations, and screws the little guy, doesn't in any way make Microsoft the bad guy.

The government is the bad guy-wasting everybody's money, bankrupting the country with policies designed only to get people elected, not to benefit the country

The tax laws are at fault-not the corporations who take advantage of them.
If the law allowed you as an individual to evade tax in the same way corporations now can, would you not take advantage of it?

Bill Gates #1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EphesiaNZ

Apr 19, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The tax laws are at fault-not the corporations who take advantage of them. If the law allowed you as an individual to evade tax in the same way corporations now can, would you not take advantage of it?

While I grant you that they are technically not doing anything illegal with their tax returns and as you say the govt make the rules and are to blame but, as I argue is it ethical and just? The answer in my book is surely no and if you know a little about the contents of the bible you will know that the glorification of mammon is a big NO NO!

And as for the fault of the govts, yes they are usually in the pockets of big business hence they are just as bad - that I won't deny.

But I have had my own business and paid taxes that were due, why is this? When I was younger and unemployed i was invited to dinner once and several guys were talking down the unemployed as being lazy no hopers (i wasnt) then several minutes later these same people started laughing about all their tax avoidance they had worked on etc. Well at that moment I let them have with both barrels as I told them what it cost the country to keep me on a weekly basis and the fact they were bigger criminals as their tax write offs were several times my weekly benefit. Also the fact that between them they could have employed a couple of people with what they swindled.

Yes, what they do is legal but its a very grey legal area as a rule. Just take a look at the MS supply chain for a shop item that appears in say Walmart. From what I have read a sales item goes through several suppliers (all owned by MS IIRC) and countries too to minimize tax payments .Again, its legal but is it really ethical?

I guess I cannot convince you so I will leave the matter here but I hope I make a few that read this thread think about how they view this matter in relation to their on values. I've never thought of turning a profit to be bad idea but scheming and essentially cheating people out of money is.

Yes Bill Gates is smart but so is a second hand car salesman...

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
While I grant you that they are technically not doing anything illegal with their tax returns and as you say the govt make the rules and are to blame but, as I argue is it ethical and just? The answer in my book is surely no and if you know a little about the contents of the bible you will know that the glorification of mammon is a big NO NO!

And as for the fault of the govts, yes they are usually in the pockets of big business hence they are just as bad - that I won't deny.

But I have had my own business and paid taxes that were due, why is this? When I was younger and unemployed i was invited to dinner once and several guys were talking down the unemployed as being lazy no hopers (i wasnt) then several minutes later these same people started laughing about all their tax avoidance they had worked on etc. Well at that moment I let them have with both barrels as I told them what it cost the country to keep me on a weekly basis and the fact they were bigger criminals as their tax write offs were several times my weekly benefit. Also the fact that between them they could have employed a couple of people with what they swindled.

Yes, what they do is legal but its a very grey legal area as a rule. Just take a look at the MS supply chain for a shop item that appears in say Walmart. From what I have read a sales item goes through several suppliers (all owned by MS IIRC) and countries too to minimize tax payments .Again, its legal but is it really ethical?

I guess I cannot convince you so I will leave the matter here but I hope I make a few that read this thread think about how they view this matter in relation to their on values. I've never thought of turning a profit to be bad idea but scheming and essentially cheating people out of money is.

Yes Bill Gates is smart but so is a second hand car salesman...

I see you are a linux user ;)

Upvote 0

rich1540

Aug 21, 2014
Australia
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks for posting that ulu. What a great story. I used to loathe Microsoft, but I love Bill Gates- (I'm a Mac and iOS fan) as he is very much his own person- secularly speaking that is. I really like what he has done with Windows mobile too.

I, alas, have a Android phone which i only bought so i could steal music and movie files as Apple has prohibited bit torrent clients. I am buying another iPad soon to replace this piece of malware ridden garbage that insists an incorrectly spelled word is correct.

The object of my contempt is now "don't be evil" Google where you are not the customer. You are the product.

Can we all pray that Bill accepts the adless freeware of Jesus.

Upvote 0

EphesiaNZ

Apr 19, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I, alas, have a Android phone which i only bought so i could steal music and movie files as Apple has prohibited bit torrent clients....

Can we all pray that Bill accepts the adless freeware of Jesus.

Well firstly, If Apple prohibits things like bittorrent clients then you should be junking Apple for any future purchases - but of course that's your choice. Just remember when you buy crippled products you give the manufacturer the thumbs up for their actions.

As for the "adless freeware of Jesus" may i suggest you start praying now... and HARD!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EphesiaNZ

Apr 19, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see you are a linux user ;)

Yes and proud of it too. I also use it out of choice, no one forced me to use it either :)

As for my anti-gates rant, it's not the fact I use Linux it's more to do with being fair and just and setting a good example - hey, aren't those attributes found in the Bible?

Just seems like some people have forgotten the core principles of Christianity.

I would like seriously like people to comment about the issue of a subject like tax evasion. Specifically, is it ethical to sail close to the legal boundries knowing that what you do could possibly be of detriment to others down the line whilst profiting from it?

Upvote 0

rich1540

Aug 21, 2014
Australia
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well firstly, If Apple prohibits things like bittorrent clients then you should be junking Apple for any future purchases - but of course that's your choice. Just remember when you buy crippled products you give the manufacturer the thumbs up for their actions.

As for the "adless freeware of Jesus" may i suggest you start praying now... and HARD!

Without resorting to an OS war, i really need to point out a few things that are relevant to this thread. There is absolutely no doubt about brillance of those behind Google, given what they have already done. Maps. Self driving cars. etc etc. Google glass despite the inherent objectionable concept is another example. Yet they cannot design a mobile OS that is secure. It is not secure because it is designed not to be secure. IOS is secure. Enterprise secure. Why isn't Android? Again because you are the product not the customer.

I worries me that misanthropic nerds will be walking around with these things sending images of people's faces to Google servers via facial recognition software. Who know where that massive database will end up. In the possible event of persecution of Christians will you still feel the same way?

I'm getting just a touch paranoid with my Sony Xperia Z Ultra. The screen has started moving around by itself and selecting random links or options. I was writing a post earlier that touched my positive experiences with Muslims. It was a long post and the screen started moving and doing its thing. The post disappeared and i couldn't get it back by going back or forward. My keyboard regularly freezes with spell check- ironically the last instance was when i tried to type another Jesus after the one below. I'm glad when this happens that the phone has 2 GB of RAM.

I almost grabbed my credit card and headed to a store to grab an ipad, but had the realisation thqt it didn't matter. Google and whatever nefarious agents that are trawling cyberspace cannot possibly win against the grace and armour of Jesus. I know that sounds utterly batcrap crazy but to another brother without Christ, aren't we well along that road. I am also withdrawing from marijuana and a little crystal meth as well suffering from sleep deprivation but i know my mind well enough to discount that.

And i won't even mention the usability and other issues Android presents to the end user.

I t seems like some people have forgotten the core principles of Christianity.

Love God above all else. Forgive. Trust in Jesus? Do not steal is not a core principal.

Upvote 0
I

iluvtheSims

Criticize all you like. The fact remains, Bill Gates is smarter than anybody posting here, and has helped more people financially than anyone here.

You mean has helped himself by being a spokesperson for population control, disease and poison ridden vaccines, and the fake global warming crisis... Yea that's Bill Gates. The dude is smart I won't lie but he is also a BLANK better not say...

He has done his fair share of killing tons of kids with his pro vaccine stance, he don't even care about his own kids! All the dude cares about is his wallet. Bill Gates plans to leave his kids nothing... What kind of father leaves their children no inheritance?

I cannot stand behind a murderer, and a liar, Bill Gates is all of the above.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
fake global warming crisis...

:doh:

He has done his fair share of killing tons of kids with his
pro vaccine stance, he don't even care about his own kids!

Don't you mean preventing preventable diseases with vaccines?

All the dude cares about is his wallet. Bill Gates plans to leave his kids nothing... What kind of father leaves their children no inheritance?

No, he's leaving each several million. He wants them to still have to work so they're not just living off of inheritance. The rest will go to the poor via his foundation I assume.

Why the super-rich aren?t leaving much of their fortunes to their kids - The Washington Post

Upvote 0
I

iluvtheSims

:doh:

Don't you mean preventing preventable diseases with vaccines?

No, he's leaving each several million. He wants them to still have to work so they're not just living off of inheritance. The rest will go to the poor via his foundation I assume.

Why the super-rich aren?t leaving much of their fortunes to their kids - The Washington Post

I've seen a video on youtube of him admitting that vaccines help decrease the population. I recommend you do your own research and get informed before you take what the government has to say to be the ultimate truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I've seen a video on youtube of him admitting that vaccines help decrease the population.

Link please

I recommend you do your own research and get informed before you take what the government has to say to be the ultimate truth.

We weren't talking about the government. And I have done my research and understand that vaccination is scientifically proven to work.

Upvote 0

ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've seen a video on youtube of him admitting that vaccines help decrease the population..

you've made some outrageous criticisms of mr gates.

Please post a link or withdraw/edit your false claims that he's a murderer etc.

Upvote 0