Bill Cosby, once known as "America's Dad" sentenced to state prison for sexual assault

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟991,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pray not. He did serious wrongs & he's going to pay for that by being in state prison for years when he's in his 80s & nearly blind. He deserves to be there, but I hope that he's not mistreated while there.

Hmm. A balanced attitude towards the situation. I wish more Republicans and Democrats - especially those that claim Christianity - had that.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Bill Cosby Sentenced To At Least 3 Years In State Prison

There was initially just the one woman who came forward, then many others did. Several couldn't seek justice on account of the statute of limitations having run out, so they saw this conviction as representing them as well. Hope this gives them a sense of peace.

And it all got started with Hannibal Buress doing a comedy routine he'd been doing for months before going viral.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joshua, this thread is not about you.
This whole web site is about bringing Honor and Glory to God. Unless of course you think people should have their free speech restricted. Hopefully Cosby will repent so he can go to Heaven. Jesus died for his sins and anyone willing to repent, turn away from sin and live a life that is well pleasing to God.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This whole web site is about bringing Honor and Glory to God. Unless of course you think people should have their free speech restricted. Hopefully Cosby will repent so he can go to Heaven. Jesus died for his sins and anyone willing to repent, turn away from sin and live a life that is well pleasing to God.

You've quoted the same post twice, Joshua.

just replying to the comment you made. Would you rather I ignore you and not say anything.

Yes. Thanks!

This is what is stated on the TOS for this website:
Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic
Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
joshua 1 9 said:
Actually real peace comes through forgiveness. It is funny how people do not seem to get away with anything in life. We hear about people late in life getting caught and being held accountable for what they did in life. If we want to go to Heaven then our punishment has to be here in this life because there is no punishment for us in the next Other than maybe the loss of rewards that we could have had.
I actually really wonder what those rewards are supposed to be.

Nithavela said:
Ive read about some assortment of crowns.
Peter, James and Paul mention being awarded crowns:

2 Timothy 4:8

henceforth there is laid up for me the Crown of the Righteousness
that the Lord--the Righteous Judge--shall give to me in that day,
And not only to me, but also to all those loving His /manifestation<2015>.

1 Peter 5:4
and at the manifestation/advent<5319> of the Chief Shepherd,
ye shall receive the unfading Crown of the Glory.

James 1:12

Happy/blessed the man who doth endure trial<3986>, because, becoming approved, he shall receive the Crown of the Life, which the Lord did promise to those loving Him.

Revelation also mentions a Crown of Life to those who endure till death:

Revelation 2:10: thrown in prison, tribulation 10 days

Revelation 2:10
Nothing be thou fearing! which-things thou are being about to be suffering.
Behold! The Devil is being about to be casting ye into a prison, that ye may be being tried<3985>
and ye shall be having tribulation ten days.
Be thou becoming! faithful until death and I shall be giving to thee the Crown of the Life.

Revelation 11:18
And the nations are angered and came Thy wrath, and the time of the dead to be judged, and to give the wages<3408> to Thy Bond-servants, the prophets, and to the Saints,
Revelation 22:12
And behold!, I am coming swiftly
and the wages <3408> of Me with Me, to render to each as the work is of Him.
Revelation 14:14
And I looked, and behold! a white cloud,
and upon the cloud sat one like-unto the Son of man, having on His head a Golden Crown and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Crowns make it all better.

I recall someone speculating about some kind of delicious foods given to some but not others based on their achievements.
I would say there may be luxurious mansions for some, but dilapidated shacks with out-houses for others.

Here is a rather interesting funny movie concerning "Judgement City" after one dies:

For those that believe in reincarnation, this was one of the most hilarious scenes in that movie ehehe:

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0