• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill Cosby, once known as "America's Dad" sentenced to state prison for sexual assault

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Go Braves, Sep 25, 2018.

1. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,531
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    It's a painful thing to see happen at the twilight of the life of a popular entertainer, but I don't see how anything else could be done.

2. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+6,812
    United States
    Married
    It may also have been painful for the victims but I am fast losing my empathy so I may be wrong.

3. FireDragon76

+6,531
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    I think I mean, nobody likes putting an 81 year old man behind bars. It's almost absurd to contemplate, at first. But when you consider what Cosby did, it's inevitable as a conclusion.

4. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+3,636
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    On a more serious note, Cosby being convicted for these crimes makes me really sad. The Cosby Show is - or was - one of my favorite TV shows, but I'll never be able to see it in quite the same way (if I can stomach it at all).

I could not be more glad that a serious predator is facing justice, but I'm grieving what seems like a loss of innocence.
    Ringo

5. FireDragon76

+6,531
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    It's sort of like how I feel watching any movie that has Jeffrey Jones in it, a bit-part and B-list actor from the 80's. Hard to forget he was sexually abusing children.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Aryeh Jay

+6,812
    United States
    Married
    I feel for the other members of the cast of the Cosby show that are not getting royalties.

7. Aryeh Jay

+6,812
    United States
    Married
    Beetlejuice and Devil’s Advocate come to my mind.

8. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+3,636
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Oh....yeah. I had honestly forgotten about that. Puts Ferris Bueller and one of my favorite movies, Hunt For Red October (Skip Tyler), in a different light....
    Ringo

9. FireDragon76

+6,531
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    I guess it helps he usually plays throwaway villains, henchmen, or scumbags.

And of course, this wouldn't be the first time Hollywood has had a big fall. The strict 1950's Hays Code was partly brought on by Fatty Arbuckle's sexual debauchery and allegations of rape and murder that were highly depraved by the sensibilities of the time, and which shocked the country. Arbuckle was a silent film star.

10. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,458
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    God impressed upon me many times that He is a God of absolute Justice. Even we are told that we can go boldly before the throne of Grace.

11. Go Braves

Go Braves On semi-hiatus here. Y'all take care.

+6,202
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Joshua, this thread is not about you.

12. joshua 1 9

+2,458
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If you have a million dollars for an attorney they say you can get away with murder. Or if the glove fits: wear it.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. joshua 1 9

+2,458
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    just replying to the comment you made. Would you rather I ignore you and not say anything.

14. Go Braves

+6,202
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Yes. Thanks!

15. Blood Bought 1953

Blood Bought 1953 Ned Flander’s Buddy

+1,322
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Maybe he will get some late night visitors tonight that will show him what is like to be on the receiving end of his evil ways.No pills involved. That will help keep memories fresh.

16. joshua 1 9

+2,458
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    They can still file in civil court to get some of that money. But I do not think they ever got any of OJ's money. Even though they won that case

17. joshua 1 9

+2,458
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He has to much money for that. When Martha Steward was in prison she ruled the roost. Even the Prison guards take notice if you have money. I remember once when I was going out to the bars I would slip the bouncer a $5 bill to keep an eye to make sure no one was giving me any problems. Back in High School we learned quick to make friends with the right people.

18. Go Braves

+6,202
    United States
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I pray not. He did serious wrongs & he's going to pay for that by being in state prison for years when he's in his 80s & nearly blind. He deserves to be there, but I hope that he's not mistreated while there.

19. Nicholas Deka

Nicholas Deka Proud Citizen of Moralton

+1,462
    Seeker
    Married
    Best part is, he'll never see it coming! Hahaha!

20. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+2,664
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Not being a celerity probably would mean , no matter what ethnic or racial background the people involved are, that 33 plus women would not have been aware of the first accuser and never come forward. Most do not come forward, even for a celebrity look how many years it took for even one of them to come forward. Once an accuser does come forward it makes it more likely that other victims will feel safe to do so as well. First , though, the others must be aware of the first one coming forward which is much more likely in the case of a celebrity perp. Without the subsequent 32 plus the accusations of a lone victim will often not be enough for a Prosecutor to take to trial.