Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
76e48320-af06-11e5-8760-9d7e243e940d_AP_546702727965c.jpg.cf.jpg
NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Bill Cosby was charged Wednesday with drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home 12 years ago — the first criminal charges brought against the comedian out of the torrent of allegations that destroyed his good-guy image as America's Dad. YAHOO NEWS

Good to hear. May justice prevail.

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's a sad thing when an otherwise great person has such an evil dark side. It's adder still that his behavior was likely abetted and facilitated by those around him. Had someone alerted the authorities years ago he might have sought help and prevented other women from becoming his victims. In America, you only get a pass for rape if your are the president of the United States. If you cover for a serial rapist and attack his victims as trailer park trash, you get a pass only if you're a Democrat presidential candidate.

There's still time to get on the Democrat ticket. It's a resume' enhancement for them.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what the politician references pertain to, however I do agree that this man was enabled for a great many years so as to get away with this.
I saw a clip of his appearance at a Canadian stand-up performance [Daily News Article] wherein he used the women accusing him of rape as a punch line for jokes about their sexual abuse.

When I saw that I knew there was merit to the claims. His lack of character was abusing the women again in making fun of their pain. It's a shame that he can't be charged as the serial rapist he is claimed to be.
However, we can hope that this latest will garner justice for all women he allegedly abused so that this one case shows the world what he is. Especially if the release by a judge of former court documents wherein he admitted he drugged and raped a woman didn't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a sad thing when an otherwise great person has such an evil dark side. It's adder still that his behavior was likely abetted and facilitated by those around him. Had someone alerted the authorities years ago he might have sought help and prevented other women from becoming his victims. In America, you only get a pass for rape if your are the president of the United States. If you cover for a serial rapist and attack his victims as trailer park trash, you get a pass only if you're a Democrat presidential candidate.

There's still time to get on the Democrat ticket. It's a resume' enhancement for them.
It's also sad that an otherwise accurate observation is diminished by needless political cheap shots.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's also sad that an otherwise accurate observation is diminished by needless political cheap shots.
Not cheap shots if true. The Democratic Party ignored 17 women who complained about Bill Clinton committing everything from unwanted touching to physical rape. They still make excused for him. It's a national disgrace. Bill Cosby did nothing that Bill Clinton didn't do, only he used drugs instead of the Arkansas State Highway Patrol. The person who led the "Bimbo Eruption Squad" to destroy those women is now their leading presidential candidate. If Cosby has to face the music, then so do the Clintons. It's shamefully dishonest to give one a pass and not the other.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know what the politician references pertain to, however I do agree that this man was enabled for a great many years so as to get away with this.
They pertain to the Democratic Party exalting a serial rapist.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not cheap shots if true. The Democratic Party ignored 17 women who complained about Bill Clinton committing everything from unwanted touching to physical rape. They still make excused for him. It's a national disgrace. Bill Cosby did nothing that Bill Clinton didn't do, only he used drugs instead of the Arkansas State Highway Patrol. The person who led the "Bimbo Eruption Squad" to destroy those women is now their leading presidential candidate. If Cosby has to face the music, then so do the Clintons. It's shamefully dishonest to give one a pass and not the other.
How about simply irrelevant. Politicians commuting sex crimes are not relevant to Cosby.

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't aware of those accusations against Bill Clinton. That's an even worse thought were Hillary to return him to the White house as history's first gentleman.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Just because he plays a good person doesn't mean he was ever a good person. It's just harder for people to believe. Also he was turned in. But it was hard to prove. So the DA didn't bother with it.

Upvote 0

DLR

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because he plays a good person doesn't mean he was ever a good person. It's just harder for people to believe....

It goes well beyond that. He was very outspoken on important real social issues. Young black males taking responsibility for fathering multiple children with many different women for example. He was applauded for speaking candidly and taking stances that were not at all popular with the black community. I know some black people that considered him nothing but an "Uncle Tom". That is a serious insult to a black man. Cosby was a fraud of the highest caliber. It's not just a sitcom actor gone bad.

And I guess this is my introductory post. I am Dewayne from Iowa. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It goes well beyond that. He was very outspoken on important real social issues. Young black males taking responsibility for fathering multiple children with many different women for example. He was applauded for speaking candidly and taking stances that were not at all popular with the black community. I know some black people that considered him nothing but an "Uncle Tom". That is a serious insult to a black man. Cosby was a fraud of the highest caliber. It's not just a sitcom actor gone bad.

And I guess this is my introductory post. I am Dewayne from Iowa. :)
So he pretended to be something he's not. Gives good advice. When he's really bad. This is typical behavior from bad people. Probably to get people (woman) to gain his trust. And even confuse woman more. So it's a major shock to most people. But it's typical behavior of predators. My belief if to run from perfect sweet type people. No such thing.

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How about simply irrelevant. Politicians commuting sex crimes are not relevant to Cosby.
I don't think it's irrelevant. One serial rapist is in the news for assaults in his past, one serial rapist is hoping to return to the White House. Personally, I think Cosby is a good man flawed, but that flaw is a major one. It shows a lack of respect for women and an attitude that he can't be touched. That's why he reminds me of Bill Clinton. The only difference is that Camille Cosby hasn't attacked his accusers as trailer park tramps, like Hillary did.

Upvote 0

DLR

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So he pretended to be something he's not. Gives good advice. When he's really bad. This is typical behavior from bad people. Probably to get people (woman) to gain his trust. And even confuse woman more. So it's a major shock to most people. But it's typical behavior of predators. My belief if to run from perfect sweet type people. No such thing.

He had me fooled enough that it isn't likely I would ever take the first accusation seriously. You can't lose faith in humanity IMO, but you are right, it's not a good idea to give trust to people too quickly.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think it's irrelevant. One serial rapist is in the news for assaults in his past, one serial rapist is hoping to return to the White House. Personally, I think Cosby is a good man flawed, but that flaw is a major one. It shows a lack of respect for women and an attitude that he can't be touched. That's why he reminds me of Bill Clinton. The only difference is that Camille Cosby hasn't attacked his accusers as trailer park tramps, like Hillary did.
IOW, let's derail the thread by bringing in a twenty-year old political scandal and claiming Democrats have somehow cornered the market on sexual misconduct. Why not just start a thread on Bill Clinton where you can rehash and Hillary bash to your heart's content.

The rest of the posters that have something to say about Cosby will then be free of your obsession.

That said, Cosby has nothing to lose by fighting tooth and nail and doing a scorched-earth defense. He is 78 years old and his reputation already shot and he still has money to spend on lawyers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He just plead not guilty. Out on $1M bail.
He should have just asked what difference it made anyway, so long as he was good at his job. See how easy it is to erode our moral compass? When you excuse one serial rapist because the economy is good, how do you not excuse the next because he was a good comedian?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He had me fooled enough that it isn't likely I would ever take the first accusation seriously. You can't lose faith in humanity IMO, but you are right, it's not a good idea to give trust to people too quickly.
All predators act to good to be true. Never buy the act. I learned along time ago. If someone's to good. Its an act. He sounds like he knew how to seek the right victim. Gain trust and do his thing. Grooming the victim very typical behavior of sexual predators.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He should have just asked what difference it made anyway, so long as he was good at his job. See how easy it is to erode our moral compass? When you excuse one serial rapist because the economy is good, how do you not excuse the next because he was a good comedian?
It's all too easy to erode our moral compass -- and that even assumes we have one to begin with!

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
IOW, let's derail the thread by bringing in a twenty-year old political scandal and claiming Democrats have somehow cornered the market on sexual misconduct.
Not at all. My point is that the same people who made excuses for one sexual predator are now acting repulsed by another. When Kathleen Willy confided that Clinton raped her she became the brunt of countless jokes. Bill Cosby is being charged with a 12 year-old crime. When Kathleen Willy told her story it was a mere 5 years later. This is what happen when we refuse to uphold the law. The law is now meaningless. If Clinton can rape women and get away with it, then Cosby deserves a pass.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not at all. My point is that the same people who made excuses for one sexual predator are now acting repulsed by another. When Kathleen Willy confided that Clinton raped her she became the brunt of countless jokes. Bill Cosby is being charged with a 12 year-old crime. When Kathleen Willy told her story it was a mere 5 years later. This is what happen when we refuse to uphold the law. The law is now meaningless. If Clinton can rape women and get away with it, then Cosby deserves a pass.
If you want to give Cosby a pass, go ahead. Just don't use some lame-butt reasoning. when Cosby runs for public office, get back to us.

Upvote 0