• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured Bill Clinton advises Trump to ignore impeachment: 'You got hired to do a job'

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by redleghunter, Nov 14, 2019.

1. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+30,846
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Bill Clinton advises Trump to ignore impeachment: 'You got hired to do a job'

Former President Clinton (D) on Thursday advised President Trump to leave fighting impeachment to his staff and focus on his agenda.

"My message would be, look, you got hired to do a job," Clinton said during a phone interview with CNN. "You don't get the days back you blow off. Every day is an opportunity to make something good happen.

"And I would say, 'I've got lawyers and staff people handling this impeachment inquiry, and they should just have at it,'" he continued. "Meanwhile, I'm going to work for the American people. That's what I would do."

more at link:

No not a Bee article. ^_^

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+105,770
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    LOL! Wut?

^_^

3. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Senior Member Supporter

+39,206
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Not a Bee article .. :p

4. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,677
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    When you said "Not a Bee article" I was convinced it was another parody site. Maybe The Hill switching it's focus or something.

But then I thought that Bill really doesn't want to have to pretend at domestic tranquility if her wife becomes president, so he would rather have Trump win after all.

5. IceJad

IceJad Regular Member

+156
    Malaysia
    Lutheran
    Single
    Bill advising Donald? So is Bill a Russian asset now? Is Hillary literally sleeping with the enemy?

I'm confused :scratch:

Meh, another day in American politics :|

6. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,677
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    There is that picture of the Trumps and Clintons in best buddy buddy form from about ten years ago. I think they are all actual Russians.

7. Of the Kingdom

Of the Kingdom Active Member Supporter

+201
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The explanation is obvious. Bill Clinton remembers the days when the well-being of the country was more important than whether the person you're dealing with agrees with you politically or not.

8. IceJad

IceJad Regular Member

+156
    Malaysia
    Lutheran
    Single
    I would pay to see a movie with this plot.

9. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+3,827
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi all,

Personally, I think that President Clinton is wiser than President Trump. He knows that he can afford to say such a thing to President Trump because he knows that Trump can't do that. It is beyond his mental capabilities to let all of this impeachment noise just slide quietly away. So, Clinton tells him that that's what he should do, and in fact, at this point, that's about all that President Trump really should do. I think President Clinton was just being honest with the man in advising him on how he should handle the matter.

God bless,
    In Christ, ted

10. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+14,309
    Christian
    Married
    ...why would anyone care what one serial adulterer says to another serial adulterer? :scratch:
    tulc(seriously?) :wave:

11. redleghunter

+30,846
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    One did it in office one did not.

12. redleghunter

+30,846
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You may just have a great point Ted.

Or it could mean Clinton is doing a solid for the 2020 field of candidates. The more people come at Trump the more he strikes back.

13. IceJad

IceJad Regular Member

+156
    Malaysia
    Lutheran
    Single
    Well your family doctor might be doing the same thing. You still care about what your doctor has to say right?

14. Bob Crowley

Bob Crowley Well-Known Member Supporter

+450
    Australia
    Catholic
    Married
    I have my personal opinion of Bill Clinton, but then that's more a religious matter than political. In this case though, I suspect that Clinton has a certain amount of empathy with Trump in this matter because he went through a similar process of facing impeachment.

This is despite the fact they're on opposite sides of the political fence.

But then I'm an Australian, to whom the American political scene appears to be one weird stage show at times.

Not that our political scene is any less of a mystery at times.

[​IMG]

15. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+1,716
    Methodist

Under normal circumstances I would agree with Clinton, but given the "track record" of this President, the further Trump is distracted from carrying out his duties, the better for all concerned!

16. HannahT

HannahT Newbie Supporter

+1,887
    Christian
    Married
    I agree it is impeachment noise. I'm still waiting for bombshell. (shrugs)

I'm not sure about the mental capabilities part, but that's good one! lol! I wish he would leave the twitter alone! WALK AWAY from the twitter!

I looked at his schedule today online, and he was doing alot. Although, I'm sure the noise can be distracting. No doubt it was for Clinton as well.

17. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+14,309
    Christian
    Married
    Not really. If I found out my doctor was a serial adulterer I'd get a different doctor. :wave:
    tulc(is actually quite serious about that) :sorry:

18. GACfan

GACfan Well-Known Member

+1,138
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Clinton is a Democrat and Trump is pretending to be a Republican right now. I wonder if we would be hearing a different tune from Republicans if Trump was a Democratic President and not a Republican.

19. GACfan

GACfan Well-Known Member

+1,138
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Would any of Trump's adulterous affairs be a much graver sin if he had had sex with some woman in the Oval Office? I don't recall the Bible ever stating that committing adultery in a specific location is a much graver sin against God than committing adultery anywhere else. Maybe I missed that part.

20. AACJ

AACJ Please Pray

+1,249
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Yes, Liberals would just love for the President not to respond to this impeachment charade. How does it feel not to get what you want?

Keep praying, Christians. No serious prayer, no good results.