Bill Bright's Guide to Fasting and Prayer

Wigglesworth

Simple Chicken Farmer
Aug 21, 2004
Visit site
✟17,933.00
Faith
Charismatic
This is a good introduction to Christian fasting, why to do it, how to do it, and how to end a fast.

Your Personal Guide to Fasting and Prayer

Fasting is part of the Christian way of life. The discipline takes many different forms, and there is a great deal more information out there about it.

Peace be with you.

:)

momma C

Jan 7, 2009
Vancouver, BC
✟7,648.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Very informative and helpful - I feel compelled to move forwards in my faith and deepen my relationship with God - thanks to all who've been praying that I will be obedient to His will, it is obviously working!
I have been wanting to fast but have been uncertain - now i think i can enter my first 3 day fast with knowledge to do so successfully and with the right intent.
Thanks for posting this!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 14, 2009
✟15,133.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have fasted and prayed to God on several occasions asking for things for myself and my family. I read somewhere that God only answers our prayers if what we ask for is according to his will. To me that means that many of my prayers will go unanswered. But the things I have prayed for are very important to me and I don't want to lose hope. What are your thoughts on the power of fasting and prayer?

Upvote 0

Wigglesworth

Simple Chicken Farmer
Aug 21, 2004
Visit site
✟17,933.00
Faith
Charismatic
. . . I read somewhere that God only answers our prayers if what we ask for is according to his will. To me that means that many of my prayers will go unanswered. But the things I have prayed for are very important to me and I don't want to lose hope. What are your thoughts on the power of fasting and prayer?

One of the benefits of fasting is to become more open to receive the grace to know God's will. In fasting, we can place the relationship with God as a priority over the serving of self. Pray that you will receive the grace to know His will. Then, with that grace, you can pray according to His will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chasinghope

Apr 30, 2007
Canada
✟7,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for this- the website is really helpful. It's hard to find good information about fasting and I'm thankful to have come across this post.
It's interesting because I'm reading a book right now called "Dreaming with God" and I read a part today that mentioned Bill Bright. Kind of neat that this post was right at the top of the fasting section. :)
Thanks again...

Upvote 0

chapdaddy

Feb 6, 2011
Garland, Tx USA
✟15,236.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is a good introduction to Christian fasting, why to do it, how to do it, and how to end a fast.

Fasting is part of the Christian way of life. The discipline takes many different forms, and there is a great deal more information out there about it.

Peace be with you.

:)

The first page of the article says fasting is one of the most neglected spiritual admonitions. That's just not true. It's part of the liturgical cycle of the church and we are admonished to fast at the very minimum twice a week.

• Informative
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0